PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Test

keepthefaith
April 14th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Right you are prob all going to tell me to stop worrying but I am suddenly having little doubts that the harmony test may have for the gender wrong! Does it ever happen? Am I just being a hormonal worrier??
Scared to buy anything pink still as just can't believe it's happening!

Put me out my misery please!

x

atomic sagebrush
April 14th, 2015, 12:31 PM
There were a couple people who have claimed it was wrong but both times the details were very sketchy and I don't think they ever updated. THey were both going off of ultrasounds which I believe are a kajillion times less accurate than Harmony so my thinking is that they had a correct Harmony test but an incorrect ultrasound and wanted to believe what they wanted to believe.

So, long story short....while Harmony may have some tiny percentage of errors, if you would have believed an ultrasound, believe in the Harmony test! It is way way way more accurate than ultrasound.

FWIW I could not buy anything for quite a while after finding out. It was really strange as I am not a superstitious type at all but I just really couldn't do it. I was mostly afraid something would happen and then I'd have all these girl clothes and it would break my heart. :( And it is actually kind of a good thing LOL because trust me, once you start shopping...your husband will have to confiscate your credit cards!!! o.O

keepthefaith
April 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM
There were a couple people who have claimed it was wrong but both times the details were very sketchy and I don't think they ever updated. THey were both going off of ultrasounds which I believe are a kajillion times less accurate than Harmony so my thinking is that they had a correct Harmony test but an incorrect ultrasound and wanted to believe what they wanted to believe.

So, long story short....while Harmony may have some tiny percentage of errors, if you would have believed an ultrasound, believe in the Harmony test! It is way way way more accurate than ultrasound.

FWIW I could not buy anything for quite a while after finding out. It was really strange as I am not a superstitious type at all but I just really couldn't do it. I was mostly afraid something would happen and then I'd have all these girl clothes and it would break my heart. :( And it is actually kind of a good thing LOL because trust me, once you start shopping...your husband will have to confiscate your credit cards!!! o.O

Haha makes a lot of sense atomic! Thanks xx

snish04
October 22nd, 2015, 07:30 AM
The harmony test is NOT a diagnostic test, a lot of people seem to think that because it's a genetic test that it's conclusive, it isn't. It can be and has been wrong, deal with it. Even when the tests detect trisomies, it's not conclusive, followup tests are done to make the result conclusive... and in a small amount of cases, even some of the trisomies detected by harmony have been wrong.

We are in the same situation as some here, our harmony test came back as a girl (confirmed twice) and yet our baby has a penis. The medical establishment is trying to make sense of it and throwing possibilities around, like turners syndrome (these babies are girls and there's no record of them developing a penis in the womb, that I have found). These babies tend to be small, our baby is growing as expected, no heart issues either...

We believe that in small instances there is an anomaly in the harmony testing as more contradicting sonograms and births surface on the net. Some one is making a terrible lot of money professing accuracy rates when again... it is not a diagnostic test, it's inconclusive!! These companies need to be regulated cos they are causing a whole lot of unnecessary stress.

At this stage we are going with the sonographers and obs - scientists have also recently discovered that fetal dna can be found and stored in the mothers blood for years... we've had two daughters previously... really there's still much about nature that isn't known. So mums to be, if your results are incongruent to your sonogram and all else is measuring to routine? I recommend not to put your faith in the harmony test.

Will keep you posted with our journey.

keepthefaith
October 22nd, 2015, 07:33 AM
We have now had our girl as predicted by harmony. Every sonographer we met at scans told us the harmony test much more reliable than what they see in scans. They always saw a girl for us in scans but if they hadn't they said the harmony is much more reliable. Just my experience for what it's worth. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atsaukina1
October 22nd, 2015, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't go 100% for their genetic tests as it is just to scan and then do more accurate tesing if needed but gender is 99% so more accurate than ultrasounds especially early ones.
Now I'm a lil freaked becuz doc sent me to this lil lab that had one lady working front end and drawing blood. She called to ask if they could keep blood overnight and refridgerate. Well I heard them say its OK but it ended up not mattering becuz the FedEx guy hadn't came yet( she thought it was ups) now I'm stressing hoping the FedEx guy came and she didn't put it in the fridge. On verify website they listed all blood test and it was the only one you were not supposed to refrigerate and I could just see that lady putting them in the fridge rrr. All my other work is done at lab corp and this was some place anytime labs and now I'll be stressing that lol. It's always something:)

atomic sagebrush
October 22nd, 2015, 05:31 PM
This poster has had some sort of bad experience which we are all sorry for but the Harmony tests are WAY more reliable than ultrasounds.

I have a much more thorough explanation in this thread
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/38208-how-accurate-harmony-test-sex-determination-4.html#post769581

and this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/45554-has-anybody-recieved-wrong-gender-harmony-blood-test-2.html#post769567