PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone ready for Christmas?

Eden
December 20th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I have been "done" for over a week but for some reason I am still in the stores and I am still shopping. :confused:

I am worried that I do not have the perfect gifts for my older boys. Especially my 8 year old who is starting to question "Santa" I'm not ready for him not to believe. So I want everything to be perfect.

CocoChanel
December 20th, 2010, 02:32 PM
No I am not ready yet either, Eden. I have the younger two boys nailed, but the older two are a little harder. My 6 year old was told at school that Santa wasn't real, so I am having to answer some very pointed questions (I need a smiley here but can't find where they are). It is one thing to weave a magical fantasy about Santa, but when you have to get down to the nitty-gritty, it isn't so great (insert another frowney smiley)

To tell you the truth, I told my husband yesterday that I feel like we are doing Christmas this year just for society's sake, because everyone else is, it feels like you have to. I am totally not in the spirit and we got slammed financially the last couple months, so I counting out my money at the check-out like I hate to part with it. I literally kiss it good-bye...I'm so sad to see my money going, going, gone...on all the silly stuff that kids like nowadays (insert another frowney smiley)

But in the end Eden, we will be glad that we did it and your kids will think everything is perfect!!

Eden
December 20th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I keep telling myself it will be worth it Christmas morning.

I hear you on the "kissing my money goodbye" We just bought a $40 Halo lego set for my 8 year old because "that is what he wants" Luckily it was technically free because I used my Zellers points. Now I have to go to Costco to return the $20 Space Police Lego I bought because I was informed the other day by my 8 year old that Space Police is "not cool" ...sigh:(

CocoChanel
December 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Did you see those sleds that look like snow-mobiles at Costco? I got 2 of those for my older boys. Ouch. I will have to look for the Space Police lego because I need more stuff and getting desperate.:p

Eden
December 20th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Did you see those sleds that look like snow-mobiles at Costco? No I didn't. Maybe my Costco did not have them. We did buy them some sleds and snow helmets. One looks like a saucer and the other one is similar to the saucer but oval. It is a step up from the crazy carpet. LOL:p

CocoChanel
December 20th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Well, I can't quote. :mad: If I try to quote you, I get the whole paragraph. But I wanted to LOL at the crazy carpet. Those things are treacherous!! And you are smart to buy snow helmets...we just use bike helmets, if anything at all...are snow helmets something I should have on board?:)

Gus
December 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I just started my shopping today. Got quite a bit done this afternoon, now I'm taking a break until my oldest gets off work before hitting good old Walmart to finish up.

Gus
December 20th, 2010, 07:16 PM
What's the rainbow under my avatar mean?

Sedona
December 20th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm still in the stores too, even though I'm "done"!! by the time it gets down to the last week, I'm pretty much ready for it to be over! it doesn't help that I can't get in the "spirit" because it's going to be in the 70s on Christmas

Janed
December 20th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Gus, it means you are a Dream Member!

RedCanoe
December 20th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I'm done, so I'm trying to stay away from the stores this last week. It's not easy, though, lol. :p

Chloe
December 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Done. Other than some imported beer and scratch off lottery tix. Real classy stuff and only the best for my family. ;)

Kandi
December 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I'm sorta done... still waiting on a few things to arrive in the mail & still need to shop for (and prep) food--but other than that, finally got the tree up & decorated tonight :x

december
December 20th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I have Christmas done for L. It was super easy. He's little and doesn't need much at all. Besides, he's the first grandbaby on both sides... the grandmas are going INSANE right now.

I have nothing at all for my husband. I'm a procrastinator I guess.

Missyslair
December 20th, 2010, 11:02 PM
We are done.. went Toy Story crazy. So excited! Now all I need is a new camera.

Kandi
December 20th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Now all I need is a new camera. omg me too!!! My 4y/o destroyed mine (AGAIN) last week :'(

Missyslair
December 20th, 2010, 11:18 PM
omg me too!!! My 4y/o destroyed mine (AGAIN) last week :'(

Too funny. DH convinced me that if we bought an iPhone 4, the camera would be all we need... ROLLS eyes. It's crap and always blurry. So we need a REAL one!

Eden
December 21st, 2010, 03:09 AM
Too funny. DH convinced me that if we bought an iPhone 4, the camera would be all we need... ROLLS eyes. It's crap and always blurry. So we need a REAL one!Ha!! I think he just wanted the iPhone 4

snakesnsnails
December 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM
I am done. I finished completely yesterday and am SO happy to not have to set foot in another store for a while! It's a small Christmas this year.....both boys got Nintendo DS's and they are expensive, so they are not getting all that much additional.

I have everyone's gifts wapped except for one plastic bin of my kids stuff that is from Santa and I have to use special wrapping paper on! I hope to get that wrapped tonight and be totally done.

I am also having Dh's family over for x-mas eve dinner, so have that to think about as well.

Oh, and I'm having a big Champagne tasting party here for my b-day on the 1st on January as well! Things are pretty hectic, but I think it will all be worth it for the fun!

Azuremyst
December 21st, 2010, 09:41 AM
I have to finish up on the 23rd, paychecks are only every 2 weeks for me.

Tweens&aBaby
December 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM
I am done except a few gift cards I will pick up on Friday which is payday and the day we get home from Great Wolf Lodge. So we may be too poor to buy them lol.
Don't mention Great Wolf on my FB - we are surprising the kids. :)

How do you ladies find the smilies BTW?

Sara'sFHC
December 21st, 2010, 10:36 AM
No. not really...

Catch!
December 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
I was done shopping and wrapping last month, but I need to make some cookies this week.

grasshopper
December 22nd, 2010, 02:01 AM
I'm done wrapping...even the ones from Santa!!! YAY...Go Me!!! Still have to make some shortbread, Turkish Delight Truffles and some White Christmas (MIL thought it was a good idea to put me on sweets duty...good choice).
We have a 6 hour drive on the 24th to spend Xmas with the in-laws so still have to pack and clean the house...ugh. My least favourite things to do.

Eden
December 22nd, 2010, 02:09 AM
How do you ladies find the smilies BTW?

I wish there were a few more

xnicolax
December 22nd, 2010, 05:22 AM
Im finnished, at last! It has been so stressful this year, I have lost sleep over it, and why do kids always change their list a week before christmas?

snakesnsnails
December 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Im finnished, at last! It has been so stressful this year, I have lost sleep over it, and why do kids always change their list a week before christmas?
lol. Glad mine arn't the only ones that do that. I told my 6 yo that Santa has probably already finished making everyone's gifts and that it's too late to add anything to your list. I know I'm done shopping! My kids will probably get a couple of giftcards, so they can get those things they are wanting with them.