PDA

View Full Version : BBT temps

djmommy
April 16th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Anyone know if temps really matter in the TWW? Do they really tell you anything? I get conflicting info that temps really only tell you when you probably ovulated. Do low temps mean low progesterone?

djmommy
April 17th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Bump! Anyone?

XXforhubby
April 17th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Not necessarily. My temps when I got my BFP were high until implantation, then even higher from then on.

I don't think you can put much stock into it. I had much higher temps in 2ww before that resulted in BFN's. If you want to see consistency, maybe temp vaginally. If you switch, do it at the start of a cycle. I used probe covers while AF was around to make it less messy. Some wait until AF settles down to temp but is still around to get a baseline.

FX you get your BFP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2015, 03:05 PM
YOu are looking at the overall pattern (low before O, higher after O) and not the actual temp itself.

Personally, I have seen people get BFP in months they were overall low quite regularly.

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2015, 03:16 PM
...and just like XX mentions, also have seen many high temp months that ended up BFN! There does not seem to be a very strong correlation at all (AND it may even go the other way since higher estrogen = lower temps and may mean a better uterine lining.

djmommy
April 17th, 2015, 03:37 PM
No matter what my temps are thy always seem to end in BFN....:(...that is why I want to be done temping!! But they are lower than normal this cycle and I did see a temp shift so I will assume that I did O.