PDA

View Full Version : Anyone waiting to TTC early 2016?

Haking
April 19th, 2015, 08:25 PM
We are planning on TTC our 3rd and final baby April 2016. We are going to try and sway for a girl as we have 2 beautiful boys already and would love a girl to complete our family.

Is anyone else waiting a little longer to TTC? Its a long wait to I'm hoping to make some friends during the wait to help pass the time :cool:

foxymrsg
April 20th, 2015, 03:53 AM
Hi I am! Sometime early next year possibly late this year but I don't see that happening so more than likely next year! We can wait it out together! :)

Haking
April 20th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Yay, foxymrsg!!! We can help each other pass the time quicker. Our original plan was to try this year around may or June but things changed and we decided it would be better for us to wait.

I see you also have 2 boys and are hoping for a girl. Did you sway for either of your boys? We didn't. I didn't know anything about until recently and figured we would try our hardest one last time for a girl.

babypinkno3
April 20th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Me too. Probably more like summer of 2016 but I will start my sway diet early in the year.

babypinkno3
April 20th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I also have 2 boys. I didn't know much about swaying but I did hear about timing and aimed for "boy" timing with my first. Now I'm hoping to sway for a girl.

Haking
April 20th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Hi babypinkno3! How old are your boys? We plan to start sway diet in early January after the holidays. Then start trying April or May.

I've been just trying to research as much as possible in the meantime. I can't believe how boy friendly my diet has been though. No wonder I have 2! Haha.

babypinkno3
April 20th, 2015, 04:51 PM
My boys are 2.5 and 8 months. And yours? I love meat and potatoes so I wasn't surprised how much I follow the boy diet. I've been wanting to follow a healthier lifestyle to if nothing else at least I will be eating more veggies!

Haking
April 20th, 2015, 06:49 PM
My oldest is 3, turned in December. And our "baby" is 20 months. He will be 2 in August. We liked our close age gap and wanted our last one just a close but life got too hectic and lots of changes with work that we decided it was better to wait.

With my oldest we got pregnant a few weeks after getting married and our second was a bit of a surprise even though we were trying. But I'm a high stress person by nature so I believe that attributed to us having boys. High testosterone. Or at least that's what I'm blaming it on. Working on being calmer and less stressed.

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2015, 03:52 PM
bump

babypinkno3
April 22nd, 2015, 01:11 AM
Same here. I'm hoping to gather other materials like rock salt lamps, water fountain, lavender, etc that are supposed to sway for girl but if nothing else at least it will help me relax. I'm also breastfeeding and just started taking the mini pill which I heard sway pink but I'm going to double check. I've wanted to stop BF but I keep thinking it will help my chances of a girl! Lol (horrible I know! Haha)

Haking
April 22nd, 2015, 09:25 PM
That's funny you say that breastfeeding sways girl. I've thought that too. Not sure it's true though but majority of my friends that got pregnant with a girl was breastfeeding their last child.

I'll have to look it more. Though I weaned my last in November so I guess it doesn't matter much for me. Haha.

amyanne
April 24th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Me! I'm new here but hoping to start trying for a girl in early 2016. Love my gorgeous boys, born in 2011 and 2013 with no swaying.

Haking
April 25th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Hi amyanne, your boys are the same age as mine! Will #3 be your last? It's ours so I'm gonna put all I got into my sway. When do you plan to start your diet/sway?

amyanne
April 25th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Hi Haking! Yes, most likely our last. I'd love to start trying in January but I worry that I could never stick to a diet over the holidays! So most likely I'll start the diet in January and start trying in February or March! How about you?

Haking
April 25th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I plan to start the diet in January right after the new year and stick to it for a couple months and probably start trying in mid April or May. We are going to Maui in March so I don't wanna try too soon after coming back since I'm not too sure how closely I can stick to the diet while on vacation. So most likely we will try my first cycle after the April one.

It's kinda a long time to stick with it but like to think that if I want it bad enough I can stick with it for a while. My DH is being super supportive and trying to understand it all too. Though I doubt he will alter his diet too terribly much.

Inforthree
May 24th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Hi ladies - I'll be trying for my third and last early next year. Same time frame as you Haking. And our boys are basically the same ages too. I didn't sway with them, I didn't know anything about it. It wasn't until DS2 that I realized how much I wanted a DD. Good luck to us all!

Bambi
May 25th, 2015, 05:29 AM
I had my DS3 earlier this year and will try for a girl one last time. I've swayed for a girl with all my boys, but used Shettles method with DS1 and DS2 which obviously didn't work. I found this site after DS2 was born but decided to have a little break from making babies :) Then I had a personalized plan made for me and tried my best with the sway but ended up with DS3. Bad luck I guess. He is adorable though and couldn't imagine life without him now that he is here. But my girl dreams haven't gone anywhere, quite the opposite! We'll try for #4 sometime next year I think. It seems some new "methods" have come up and some of them have been dropped out since my last sway so there is still hope... One option is the HT but I'm not sure if DH finds it all too extreme. I'm on mini pill at the moment and breastfeed my little one. Let's see if I can keep on going on those and include them in my sway. Last time I was a couch potato but next time I'm planning to do the exercise sway. Good luck to everyone!! Hopefully we'll all get our DG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liny
August 28th, 2015, 06:01 AM
hi hi i will be trying for a girl early next year, got a 6 month old baby boy already :) just stopped breastfeeding so i hope i kind of get a cycle back soon. my husband is supportive and willing to do his part but i think he thinks I'm slightly nuts being on the pc researching

liny
August 28th, 2015, 06:05 AM
one of my friends has had 4 kids in 5 years ... first one was a girl and the others all boys , she got pregnant within 2-3 month of giving birth every time and she was breastfeeding every baby till about 1 year ..
so it kind of didn't work for her and she is pretty skinny too

Twobluebuttons
September 10th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone!! We're also probably gonna try our girl sway early next year :)
I have a 3.5 yr old DS and a 1 yr old son.
I'm not sure on when exactly we'll start TTC yet. Probably around Jan-Feb, so I would have to start the diet around Oct... I'm also just not sure I can stick to it during holidays!! I love food [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

My first DS we tried shettles (more or less lol) and with DS2 I tried the ingender girl diet, but ended up not being able to not salt things, so te diet didn't go great. But I did follow the vitamins and 0+12 and pH thing.

I'm excited to try this new diet with exercise. My husband and I are both dying to have a girl, but it seems like we are awesome boy makers hahaha I it doesn't work, at least we know we tried everything we could!

XXforhubby
September 10th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Hi ladies! I'm currently pregnant with our sweet DS3. We swayed girl but my fertility tanked due to a supplement I was taking (not for swaying purposes but increased dose due to a study saying it improved egg quality). I ended up having to switch to Atomic's fertility diet (has a bit of meat to eat), vitamin D, CoQ10, and zinc. No wonder we got an opposite!!

Anyway, my DH longs for a DD. I'm only giving him 1 year to TTC and then we are done. So I have to wrap mind around the possibility of having two kids super close in age [emoji16]! We will start by not trying and not preventing until this little guy is 3-4mo, and then we will have better timed BDing. For the first 2-3 mo I'll be using repHresh, Aci-jel, and Sylk as a lube to try and inhibit conception. Then we will stop the RepHresh.

My sway will be simple: LE diet or LE PCOS diet, exercise, BDing every 4 days, and fiber before fatty meals, a little bit of Sylk or Aci-Jel as a lube if needed, and that's it!!

I'll be looking forward to chatting with all of you!!

ahorn586
September 17th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Hi ladies!!! I plan on swaying mid 2016...maybe around the summer months so I will start the LE diet around March or April. I just want to wish everyone good luck and hope they get a healthy happy baby of their DG.

twointow83
October 6th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Count me in. We are waiting an unknown time to TTC again. We haven't had the greatest year. Had to have surgery and a methotrexate injection on Saturday due to ectopic pregnancy. I don't know how long my doc is going to say to wait but from what I understand you have to wait 3 months after methotrexate before TTC'ing again, and I'm not sure how I feel about getting preg this year again anyway. So, we are prob looking at January or February before we can/will TTC again.

Butterflies buttercups
October 6th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I'll be hopefully having first attempt in
Feb too !
Sorry to hear about ur eptoopic hope you are ok . U have enough time to start a light sway For Feb which is good xx

twointow83
October 6th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I'll be hopefully having first attempt in
Feb too !
Sorry to hear about ur eptoopic hope you are ok . U have enough time to start a light sway For Feb which is good xx

Yeah, not looking forward to getting back to swaying, lol. Won't be doing much sway wise though. A healthy preg is far more important to me and hubby. Probably just a light LE.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼
🏃I'm mobile! 🚗 TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/TwoInTow83)

XXforhubby
October 6th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Well I'll be seeing a few new and familiar faces then! As soon as this sweet baby boy is born, we will be NTNP at 8 weeks, and then moving onto better timed BDing once he is around 3-4 mo old. I only want to give my DH until Dec. 2016 to TTC. I'm a little nervous at the prospect of having two closer than 2.5yrs apart, but I love babies and raising children! I'm going to use repHresh for the first three months PP and a little Aci-jel as a lube to make it harder to conceive along with LE diet and exercise.

Two- I am hoping and praying that all you have been through yields your much awaited DD to transmute the hardship into your sweet rainbow baby [emoji8][emoji304][emoji703][emoji175]!!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Honeybug
October 9th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Hi ladies! I am currently taking a much needed break from TTC. Dh and I have been trying for baby 2 (and hopefully 3!) since Jan and I have been on the le diet since nov of last year. I've decided to take a little break after last months bfn. I kinda fell apart :( it was my first cycle on clomid and even though I know it's not a magic bullet, I really felt that I was finally pregant. So both DH and I agree that a rest will do us emotional and mental good :) we plan on maybe trying again around Christmas and if not definitely in the new year! I'm hoping and praying 2016 brings us all get our sticky beans!

Funkyfry
October 13th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Hi,

Going to hop on this!! Going to ttc in 2016, not sure exactly when going to try do exactly the sway I did last time which resulted in my DD! I was on diet for 12 weeks so plan being on it 12 weeks again

Honeybug
October 14th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Welcome FunkyFry! Have you started the le diet yet?

I had a Drs appointment today to discuss my last cycle (which was my first on clomid). I was particularly interested to know if I did, in fact, ovulate as I never actually got a +opk. He said he definitely thinks I did because they like to see a progesterone level of 10 in a normal, ovulating woman, 15 in a medicated cycle (like mine was) and my result right after ovulation was 160!!!! I couldn't believe it, my jaw dropped and I just about fell over :) he did say he was a little surprised that I wasn't pregnant but did note that right before AF my progestrone dropped to 140. He went on to say that he thinks clomid is working great in my case and thinks I'll be pregant before I finish the 3-month clomid prescription he gave me!

The high progestrone explains the very vivid pregancy symptoms I was having (and makes me feel less crazy!) I feel like now that I kinda have an idea of how my body handles clomid I'll be able to relax and not stress :)

How is everyone else coming along in their swaying? Do you still have to figure out a sway plan? Start exercise and/or diet? Or are you waiting until the new year?

jennypenny
October 14th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Hi,

Going to hop on this!! Going to ttc in 2016, not sure exactly when going to try do exactly the sway I did last time which resulted in my DD! I was on diet for 12 weeks so plan being on it 12 weeks again

Hiya, I'm also planning on 2016 attempt! Prob February onwards eek!

So funny funkyfry, I just read your sway the other day when I was reading successful sways. You are like a celebrity!! Lol x

Butterflies buttercups
October 14th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Yes great sway funkyfry I read it too!

I'm going to add in cardio to my sway Feb 2016 attempt its something I didn't do with my boys so hoping this will help me xxx

jennypenny
October 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Yes great sway funkyfry I read it too!

I'm going to add in cardio to my sway Feb 2016 attempt its something I didn't do with my boys so hoping this will help me xxx

That's my plan too!

Have bought an exercise bike and plan to use this will watching box sets on tv to take mind off it!

Got a lot on at the moment so couldn't commit to every day yet, but in a couple of weeks I will have a lot more time in the evenings to get on with it when the boys go to bed x

Funkyfry
October 14th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Hiya, I'm also planning on 2016 attempt! Prob February onwards eek!

So funny funkyfry, I just read your sway the other day when I was reading successful sways. You are like a celebrity!! Lol x

Lol thanks so much! It really was a perfect sway and resulted in my dd!! The personalised plan was so worth it and atomic was brilliant! Going to follow that plan again!! Fingers crossed it works a second time! Right now if i concieved I would probably have a ds as totally swaying blue!

Going to start diet next week. Will get my supplements at the weekend.

1moregirl
October 15th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Funky Fry - at last!!!! You are in the same position as me. I have 2 beautiful boys and a precious pink girl in the middle. I tried an IG girl sway months ago and got a BFP in June, but miscarried in August. I am now here on GD and planning a diff girl sway for Jan 2016 as I really want to give our DD a sister as I grew up with sisters and just want that for her, and her brother's too of course. I would love to have a look at your sway. Do I find your sway in the sway section somewhere? Thanks and good luck for getting your DD#2. :)

Butterflies buttercups
October 16th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Hi 1moregirl I've looked at funkyfry sway u just click on the username and then posts and find the sway there !
Great sway hoping mine goes the same way xxx

jennypenny
October 16th, 2015, 06:02 AM
I like to read successful sways like I used to love reading a new magazine!!!

Actually have bookmarked several on my tablet to read over! Pahaha, what on earth has become of me??!

It's nice to read successful sways, especially when you hear of people who's sways have failed. They keep me hopeful! X

Butterflies buttercups
October 16th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Yes me too.
It's hard as they're so many sways and they all include different things !
Some people don't exercise some people take calcium / mag some don't some take vitex !
Just hoping what I'm doings Working! X

jennypenny
October 16th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Yes me too.
It's hard as they're so many sways and they all include different things !
Some people don't exercise some people take calcium / mag some don't some take vitex !
Just hoping what I'm doings Working! X

Yeah I know what you mean! Some sways , even recent ones still have things like magnesium, vitex and calcium in them and I wonder why. I'm sure, everyone has reasons though.

I'm sticking with diet, one attempt and exercise and only taking fibre and folic acid. My husband will take licorice root and olive leaf extract at the start of the year."Happy New year!!........ok, take these pills!" Haha !!

Hopefully this will be enough eek!

Butterflies buttercups
October 17th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Yes my husband is trying to remember to take his cranberry and come 6 weeks before il take peppermint tea and he will take olive leaf (if he remembers!) ant wait to ttc thou hope it works within 2 months that would be a miracle ! Xx

Butterflies buttercups
October 18th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Hi I've been using opk's this month to try and monitor my ovulation for when it comes to dtd and I've had negative outcomes everyday twice a day they're clear blue ones aswell I paid extra to have the smiley face ones so it's easier but apparently I've not ovulated this month..
Shall I spend out on more kits? Just buy cheap ones? Or just not bother?
I'd prefer to still have a 1/2 day cut off if possible it's just what id like to do xx

Honeybug
October 18th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Butterflies Buttercups - I know lots of the girls here do like the opks you can buy in bulk as you do save $ and quite a few of them do get a fade-in which could give you that cut-off. For me, personally, I prefer the expensive clear-blue digital OPK as it takes the stress and guesswork out of it and I find I don't get as obsessive about it :)

Butterflies buttercups
October 18th, 2015, 12:14 PM
I did buy be clear blue but not Working for me! I think I'm a late Ovulator and run out of opk's by the time I actually ovulated !
So I'll try testing a bit later next month - I have a 30day cycle so that would put me a little later anyway - thank u your help :)
Xxx

1moregirl
October 18th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Butterflies - make sure when you buy the Clear Blue digital ovulation test that you don't buy the one that says "with dual hormone indicator" on it as I know from the In Gender website lots of the ladies there were having trouble with that one and were advised to buy the plain box that didn't have that writing on it. I used that one when I conceived the last time and I was having 2 days of smiley faces. I also used a chemist one called ovuplan as I purchased a bulk lot from eBay and found they were just useless for me and even when the clear blue was positive these other cheapo ones were not. Last time I was Oing on like CD 16 so it will be interesting to see how the D&C has effected my cycles, since my first period was really light with no pain and only last 5 days. I am going to start taking my BBT and opk this next cycle coming up and recording it on Fertility Friend. I'm thinking that this next time I am going to do a lighter sway as I really did get a bit full on with it last time and I often wonder if I overdid it with the supplements as Atomic has said somewhere here on GD that quite a few pink swayers from IG end up miscarrying (me being one of them). I was taking calcium, magnesium and cranberry and Elevit prenatal and just wonder now if it altered my hormones too much somehow. You never know. But considering this is going to be my very last attempt (I turn 44 this week) the pressure is going to be on already without adding to it with extra sway stuff. They say here to dtd every 4 days but on IG they believed that swayed boy so it does get super confusing at times.

Butterflies buttercups
October 19th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Yes it is hard coming from a diff website with conflicting advice but I'm astounded by the knowledge and friendliness of he girls on this website .
Thank u for the help on the opk's I'll have a look this week so I can get it right ! Xxx

Funkyfry
October 19th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Funky Fry - at last!!!! You are in the same position as me. I have 2 beautiful boys and a precious pink girl in the middle. I tried an IG girl sway months ago and got a BFP in June, but miscarried in August. I am now here on GD and planning a diff girl sway for Jan 2016 as I really want to give our DD a sister as I grew up with sisters and just want that for her, and her brother's too of course. I would love to have a look at your sway. Do I find your sway in the sway section somewhere? Thanks and good luck for getting your DD#2. :)

So sorry to hear of your miscarriage.

Did you find my sway? Like you, I would love a sister for DD.

Butterflies buttercups
October 19th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Is anyone having aspartame in their sway?
I actually haven't had any yet and wondered if I should start buying something with it in like Diet Coke? To help me pink sway
Obv crystal lite isn't in the shops over here so can't think of Anyhing else to buy?
Just wondered what you other ladies are doing?
Xxx

XXforhubby
October 19th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Well I can tell you it is not a magic bullet! I drank tons of it regularly when TTCing DS2, and he is all boy! I was leading a somewhat boy lifestyle- no snacking, trying to lose weight, doing more cardio, only lifting once in a while, one attempt because I was depressed about my miscarriage the previous cycle, no vitamins.

I knew nothing about swaying back then but out of all of my boys, DS2 was a pretty decent shot at a DD. Obviously this little guy, DS3, that I'm pregnant with is a result of a failed girl sway.

I wouldn't add it just to add it. If you drink it already, fine. If you don't then I wouldn't start.

FX and GL to you!!!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Mulberry Smurf
October 19th, 2015, 03:44 PM
I had soooo much diet coke with both boys lol xx

jennypenny
October 19th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Is anyone having aspartame in their sway?
I actually haven't had any yet and wondered if I should start buying something with it in like Diet Coke? To help me pink sway
Obv crystal lite isn't in the shops over here so can't think of Anyhing else to buy?
Just wondered what you other ladies are doing?
Xxx

I am drinking diluting juice/squash with no added sugar as that contains aspartame, also all diet drinks seem to contain it, which I drink usually anyway:)

jennypenny
October 19th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Butterflies - make sure when you buy the Clear Blue digital ovulation test that you don't buy the one that says "with dual hormone indicator" on it as I know from the In Gender website lots of the ladies there were having trouble with that one and were advised to buy the plain box that didn't have that writing on it. I used that one when I conceived the last time and I was having 2 days of smiley faces. I also used a chemist one called ovuplan as I purchased a bulk lot from eBay and found they were just useless for me and even when the clear blue was positive these other cheapo ones were not. Last time I was Oing on like CD 16 so it will be interesting to see how the D&C has effected my cycles, since my first period was really light with no pain and only last 5 days. I am going to start taking my BBT and opk this next cycle coming up and recording it on Fertility Friend. I'm thinking that this next time I am going to do a lighter sway as I really did get a bit full on with it last time and I often wonder if I overdid it with the supplements as Atomic has said somewhere here on GD that quite a few pink swayers from IG end up miscarrying (me being one of them). I was taking calcium, magnesium and cranberry and Elevit prenatal and just wonder now if it altered my hormones too much somehow. You never know. But considering this is going to be my very last attempt (I turn 44 this week) the pressure is going to be on already without adding to it with extra sway stuff. They say here to dtd every 4 days but on IG they believed that swayed boy so it does get super confusing at times.

I found it mega confusing at first changing my mind set from everything I had read on IG as I had convinced myself that it all made such sense!

But, after reading through Atomics essays, I truly feel better about the simpler approach giving the best chances :)

Butterflies buttercups
October 19th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Thanks ladies !
Ok well I've never drank Coke or fruit juice so maybe I won't start now .
I'm having a coffee at 11 with sweetner and that's it for sweet stuff all day trying to fulfill my craving with raspberries!
Xxx

liny
October 20th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Butterflies buttercups maybe you should buy some cheap ovulation tests strips and if you think they starting to show that you ovulating maybe confirm with the expensive clear blue

1moregirl
October 21st, 2015, 07:18 PM
Hi ladies. I tried to log in here yesterday but couldn't access the website so some updates must've been going on perhaps. I did consume aspartame in my last sway - and no not all diet sodas contain aspartame, I know because I checked the labels of many of them. You have to look for sweetener number 951 and that is aspartame. It is def in caffeine free diet coke because that was the one I was drinking but I am not a big soda drinker. You can also find it in some sugar free chewing gums. I was thinking of trying to take some calcium again because I am not much of a dairy eater. I don't have a dairy allergy or intolerance but if I eat a lot of it I just feel all gluggy in my throat from sinus. I just worry soooo much still that something I was taking last time contributed to my miscarriage. Perhaps the cranberry and calcium together makes our environment too acidic and effects egg quality or something? I don't know, but I will be staying clear of cranberry and magnesium this time round. I'm taking prenatal multivitamin at the moment plus Vit D and Vit c, as my immune system has been low since my miscarriage. Then when I'm getting ready for r attempt (say 2 months beforehand) I will take the prenatal maybe 3x per week plus some calcium and a big amount of folic acid every day (at least 2000mcg spread out throughout a day). I will do the diet lightly and negative ion things a bit maybe and BD every 2-4 days with one attempt at first pos smiley face opk. Sometimes I feel really determined about doing a girl sway and getting pregnant again, but other times I feel scared to death about experiencing a miscarriage again. I could get a referral from my Gp to a gynaecologist for some testing I guess, but by the time I get an appointment it could be time to do the sway attempt. It's my birthday today and I am not enthusiastic at all about turning 44. The prospect of ageing and getting old terrifies me, let alone the fact that my baby making days are almost at an end. I was just desperate for one last little girl and I still get quite sad about our loss. I would be Close to 19 weeks this week and having our 20 week scan, but of course that's not to be. And I am surrounded by pregnant friends and I envy them their baby belly and feeling that new little life moving about inside them. Ok, I'm soooo sorry for venting and rambling on. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about all this and my DH doesn't feel the same desire for another baby.

Funkyfry
October 22nd, 2015, 03:40 PM
In my last sway on DD I drank two pints of Diet Coke every day

jennypenny
October 22nd, 2015, 04:18 PM
Hi ladies. I tried to log in here yesterday but couldn't access the website so some updates must've been going on perhaps. I did consume aspartame in my last sway - and no not all diet sodas contain aspartame, I know because I checked the labels of many of them. You have to look for sweetener number 951 and that is aspartame. It is def in caffeine free diet coke because that was the one I was drinking but I am not a big soda drinker. You can also find it in some sugar free chewing gums. I was thinking of trying to take some calcium again because I am not much of a dairy eater. I don't have a dairy allergy or intolerance but if I eat a lot of it I just feel all gluggy in my throat from sinus. I just worry soooo much still that something I was taking last time contributed to my miscarriage. Perhaps the cranberry and calcium together makes our environment too acidic and effects egg quality or something? I don't know, but I will be staying clear of cranberry and magnesium this time round. I'm taking prenatal multivitamin at the moment plus Vit D and Vit c, as my immune system has been low since my miscarriage. Then when I'm getting ready for r attempt (say 2 months beforehand) I will take the prenatal maybe 3x per week plus some calcium and a big amount of folic acid every day (at least 2000mcg spread out throughout a day). I will do the diet lightly and negative ion things a bit maybe and BD every 2-4 days with one attempt at first pos smiley face opk. Sometimes I feel really determined about doing a girl sway and getting pregnant again, but other times I feel scared to death about experiencing a miscarriage again. I could get a referral from my Gp to a gynaecologist for some testing I guess, but by the time I get an appointment it could be time to do the sway attempt. It's my birthday today and I am not enthusiastic at all about turning 44. The prospect of ageing and getting old terrifies me, let alone the fact that my baby making days are almost at an end. I was just desperate for one last little girl and I still get quite sad about our loss. I would be Close to 19 weeks this week and having our 20 week scan, but of course that's not to be. And I am surrounded by pregnant friends and I envy them their baby belly and feeling that new little life moving about inside them. Ok, I'm soooo sorry for venting and rambling on. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about all this and my DH doesn't feel the same desire for another baby.

So sorry to read about your loss, it is a very traumatic event to get over.

Wish you all the best in your current sway!! :ttcgirl:

Inforthree
October 23rd, 2015, 02:28 PM
I am SO eager to start my sway, but for life/timing reasons I'm going to wait to TTC until April. That means starting the sway sometime in Jan. But I'm very ready to just get on with it. I've been watching calories and skipping breakfast since April/May and I'm back to about what I weighed when I conceived my first. I'll also be doing just the diet, 1 attempt, and no exercise. Good luck to all of you ladies who are starting sooner. I'll be following along.

Also, XX, my DS2's name is Otis. ; )

Inforthree
October 23rd, 2015, 02:31 PM
Very sorry for your loss, 1moregirl. So hard. I hope this is a successful sway for you.

jennypenny
November 2nd, 2015, 04:28 AM
So, just found out my other sister in law is pregnant. She has 2 boys too and had always said she didn't want any more.

3 guesses for what my immediate thoughts were!! Wish I could be a nicer person but will feel so jealous if she has a girl without swaying or anything.

Also, she will find out at 20 weeks which I see will be just when we start Ttc in February. Gonna feel so much pressure if it is a girl!

XXforhubby
November 2nd, 2015, 06:54 AM
So, just found out my other sister in law is pregnant. She has 2 boys too and had always said she didn't want any more.

3 guesses for what my immediate thoughts were!! Wish I could be a nicer person but will feel so jealous if she has a girl without swaying or anything.

Also, she will find out at 20 weeks which I see will be just when we start Ttc in February. Gonna feel so much pressure if it is a girl!

Hang in there! I know they say most oopsies are girls, but most people I know who had oopsies IRL have had boys.

No matter what just try and focus on your sway. Try not to let others get you- easier said than done I know!

FX for you! I'll be in the throws of the LE diet in Feb. too. Don't think we will attempt then though, unless this sweet boy is born this month instead of around his DD of Dec. 3rd.

jennypenny
November 2nd, 2015, 09:20 AM
Hang in there! I know they say most oopsies are girls, but most people I know who had oopsies IRL have had boys.

No matter what just try and focus on your sway. Try not to let others get you- easier said than done I know!

FX for you! I'll be in the throws of the LE diet in Feb. too. Don't think we will attempt then though, unless this sweet boy is born this month instead of around his DD of Dec. 3rd.

DS1[emoji125]��, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Thanks for that:)

Just trying not to worry about what might happen and be positive. I suppose if I am able to have a baby next year, it will be nice for it to have a cousin close in age.

Cannot believe your due date is approaching so soon-exciting :) , I realise just how long until have been on this website now!!! It's addictive!

I no doubt won't get pregnant first month trying so will be great having a lovely group of ladies ttc at the same time eek!!! Xx

XXforhubby
November 2nd, 2015, 09:59 AM
I'm excited and nervous too. Nervous at the thought I may have two children close in age [emoji16]! That's assuming I get pregnant while nursing and when we start TTCing. I'll be much more relaxed about swaying this time around and sticking to what REALLY sways. I'm looking forward to no opks and no temping! I recommend staying away from them if you can get obsessed or have a competitive nature. It only fuels these tendencies- I'm speaking from firsthand experience [emoji6]!

I can't wait to meet this little guy! He is the most gentlest baby I have ever carried (Both DS1 and DS2 were gentle too and still are at 5 and 2.4 yrs old)! I'm looking forward to snuggling and nursing him [emoji4]!!

jennypenny
November 2nd, 2015, 11:14 AM
I'm excited and nervous too. Nervous at the thought I may have two children close in age [emoji16]! That's assuming I get pregnant while nursing and when we start TTCing. I'll be much more relaxed about swaying this time around and sticking to what REALLY sways. I'm looking forward to no opks and no temping! I recommend staying away from them if you can get obsessed or have a competitive nature. It only fuels these tendencies- I'm speaking from firsthand experience [emoji6]!

I can't wait to meet this little guy! He is the most gentlest baby I have ever carried (Both DS1 and DS2 were gentle too and still are at 5 and 2.4 yrs old)! I'm looking forward to snuggling and nursing him [emoji4]!!

DS1[emoji125]��, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Your boys all sound wonderful!! My 2 boys are crazy! Even in my womb they were extremely energetic haha!!

I don use opks as I very rarely could catch a positive! Was planning on trying every 4 days, is this what you are planning to do?

Are you planning on including exercise in your sway? Xxx

XXforhubby
November 2nd, 2015, 01:55 PM
Here is what my sway will look like:

1. Traditional LE diet, and I may switch to
the PCOS version of the weight
doesn't come off like it should.

2. 1 hour of cardio starting when he is
3mo old. I'll be nursing, so I want my
supply to be well established. I'll be
walking while wearing him to take
DS2 to a park to play along a trail I
love to walk on.

3. BDing every 4-5 days from the end of
AF until CD21, in case of late O.

4. 2400mcg of Folic Acid/Folate. Fiber
once he is 4mo with one meal at a
time per month until he is 6mo. I want
to make sure he gets the nutrients he
needs from me.

5. Alcohol with dinner starting 1-3 times
per week starting when he is 4mo.

6. A small amount of either Sylk or
Aci-jel as a lube if needed.

7. Maybe Benadryl 4 hours before our
first attempt if I have copious
amounts of EWCM. I doubt that will
be the case, but you never know!

8. Nursing!

* I'll start off using repHresh and Aci-jel to prevent conception until this guy is 4mo. I really don't want to have another child before then! However, I did tell my DH I would give him a full year to TTC though...

jennypenny
November 2nd, 2015, 04:27 PM
Here is what my sway will look like:

1. Traditional LE diet, and I may switch to
the PCOS version of the weight
doesn't come off like it should.

2. 1 hour of cardio starting when he is
3mo old. I'll be nursing, so I want my
supply to be well established. I'll be
walking while wearing him to take
DS2 to a park to play along a trail I
love to walk on.

3. BDing every 4-5 days from the end of
AF until CD21, in case of late O.

4. 2400mcg of Folic Acid/Folate. Fiber
once he is 4mo with one meal at a
time per month until he is 6mo. I want
to make sure he gets the nutrients he
needs from me.

5. Alcohol with dinner starting 1-3 times
per week starting when he is 4mo.

6. A small amount of either Sylk or
Aci-jel as a lube if needed.

7. Maybe Benadryl 4 hours before our
first attempt if I have copious
amounts of EWCM. I doubt that will
be the case, but you never know!

8. Nursing!

* I'll start off using repHresh and Aci-jel to prevent conception until this guy is 4mo. I really don't want to have another child before then! However, I did tell my DH I would give him a full year to TTC though...

That all sounds great! You sound like you have a plan!!

It feels good to see it all written down like that I think :) typical boy mum that I am, I love lists and being ridiculously organised haha x

XXforhubby
November 2nd, 2015, 04:37 PM
Haha! That's how I was previously when I swayed for this baby! Now it is second nature, I don't even think about it unless someone asks me [emoji6]!

Inforthree
November 3rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
I think my plan will be just like yours XX, except for the nursing. I'm going to do DTD every 4 days once I get my IUD out.

Jennypenny, my SIL had a girl earlier this year, she has 1 DS. I just try to think that hopefully, it means I'll have a DD with a close cousin, since we won't have more than 3. Wishful thinking! I've heard people say they are happy to have a niece if they can't have a daughter, I don't know if I'm quite that nice....

jennypenny
November 3rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
I think my plan will be just like yours XX, except for the nursing. I'm going to do DTD every 4 days once I get my IUD out.

Jennypenny, my SIL had a girl earlier this year, she has 1 DS. I just try to think that hopefully, it means I'll have a DD with a close cousin, since we won't have more than 3. Wishful thinking! I've heard people say they are happy to have a niece if they can't have a daughter, I don't know if I'm quite that nice....

Hiya,

I agree, xx plan looks great! I am going to copy her haha!

Oh my goodness, if my sister in law has a girl and I was lucky enough to also have a girl, that would be fantastic! The thought of two little girl babies in my family would be wonderful :)

Just trying not to even picture such a lovely outcome, as I would just set myself up for a fall :(

I know that if I can do this 100% to my best abilities, I will feel at peace with whatever the outcome. Xxx

twointow83
November 10th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I'm still here. Don't know how active I'll be right now since my mind isn't really in pre-TTC mode. After our most recent loss DH and I agreed that we just want to focus on healing and enjoying the holidays. Celebrating what we have and mourning what we've lost is enough right now without piling TTC considerations on. We haven't decided if we'll sway this time yet as we aren't really thinking or talking about it much. Every once in awhile I'll ponder a question and seek out the answer, or we'll discuss for a few minutes about when we think we might start TTC again. DH says definitely not before January and I concur... I'm even thinking waiting until Feb might be better. The methotrexate shot they gave me makes me nervous. There is no way to know if all the stores of it have completely left my body and it's safe. We'll figure it all out when our heads get in the right place. I know until I get "the itch" that I won't be ready. Until I'm itching to TTC my anxieties will be far too high because I won't get "the itch" until *I* feel it's safe to TTC. My OB said that we can TTC after 1 normal cycle... but knowing what I know it just feels wrong... or dangerous.. or something... I can't quite explain, but I'm not in the right mental space to TTC anytime soon anyway.

Anyway, hope you all are well!

XXforhubby
November 10th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Two- good to hear from you! Give yourself plenty of time. You'll know when the right time is for you and your DH to TTC again. I would definitely amass as much information as you can, when you are ready.

FWIW, my pharmacist who is also a close friend of mine, had almost the same thing happen to her. She decided to wait 4 months (Calendar months not 4 cycles) to begin to TTC again after she had the methotrexate shot. She was told by her RE that waiting three months is best. She ended up getting pregnant with a OHW and her baby girl is as healthy as ever!

Hang in there honey! My heart goes out to you [emoji8]!

twointow83
November 10th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Two- good to hear from you! Give yourself plenty of time. You'll know when the right time is for you and your DH to TTC again. I would definitely amass as much information as you can, when you are ready.

FWIW, my pharmacist who is also a close friend of mine, had almost the same thing happen to her. She decided to wait 4 months (Calendar months not 4 cycles) to begin to TTC again after she had the methotrexate shot. She was told by her RE that waiting three months is best. She ended up getting pregnant with a OHW and her baby girl is as healthy as ever!

Hang in there honey! My heart goes out to you [emoji8]!

Thanks. OHW?

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼
🏃I'm mobile! 🚗 TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/TwoInTow83)

XXforhubby
November 10th, 2015, 02:25 PM
OHW- one hit wonder [emoji6]

twointow83
November 10th, 2015, 03:27 PM
OHW- one hit wonder [emoji6]

Oh, duh! I knew that lol. Like I said, my brain is not in TTC zone right now, lol.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼

Honeybug
November 10th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Two: I'm so sorry for your loss <3 Take your time to heal and enjoy the holidays and when you and dh are ready we're all here for you

Emmafair
November 15th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I also have 2 boys and trying to sway girl next year. Love to do it this year but I need to actually start my sway plan NOW. 2016 it is.

XXforhubby
November 15th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Welcome Emmafair! Let us know how we can help. I've been around for 1.5 years now and can help answer things for you. Atomic is a huge help and a wealth of knowledge.

FX and GL to you!!

liny
November 15th, 2015, 05:31 PM
How long before the sway should DH start taking liquorice root ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XXforhubby
November 15th, 2015, 10:35 PM
I believe Atomic recommends 6 weeks before your first attempt. Have him do 2 weeks on and then stop during the 2ww. So he would take it the first half of your cycle from AF to ovulation, then stop from ovulation until your CD1 or next AF starts.

Also, make sure he doesn't have any heart conditions or high blood pressure. If he does, then Olive Leaf Extract (OLE) will be better and can be taken during your whole cycle without him having to take a break.

liny
November 16th, 2015, 04:57 AM
thank you :)

liny
November 16th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Xxforhubby sorry i got another question for you . My cycles are very irregular and I don't think it's gonna magically regulate itself till February. So I thought about it the other day if I want to get my DH to abstain for 7 days how on earth am I gonna know when I'm in my fertile window 7 days a head even with ovulation tests .

XXforhubby
November 16th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Abstaining hasn't really gotten great results. It's something you guys are more than welcome to try your first month or two TTCing, if you guys are young (30 or less).

If you don't want to use opks, BDing every 4 days until CD21 is a great way to go, especially if you don't know when you ovulate. If you are using opks, then you would have your DH release on his own every 2-4 days OR you can BD with protection every 2-4 days until your FIRST positive opk. I say this, because it is not uncommon for someone to get two days of positive opks. Most people have a tendency to ovulate within 12-36 hours after the first positive opk. If your DH is 30 yrs old or less, you can abstain until your first positive opk, but it really lowers the odds of conception quite a bit. It just depends on how quickly you guys want to get your BFP.

I hope this helps!

twointow83
December 30th, 2015, 08:58 PM
We are finally nearing 2016! Good luck to all who will be TTCing soon!!

XXforhubby
December 30th, 2015, 09:05 PM
We maaay be TTCing in April. We keep going back and forth if we want a 4th or not. We will see.

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

twointow83
December 30th, 2015, 10:11 PM
We maaay be TTCing in April. We keep going back and forth if we want a 4th or not. We will see.

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]
Good luck, whichever way you decide :)

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼

Inforthree
December 31st, 2015, 12:46 PM
Happy new year everyone! I hope we all hear girl in 2016!

Butterflies buttercups
January 1st, 2016, 08:19 AM
Yes diet starts Monday I can't bloody wait ! [emoji51] xxx

jennypenny
January 1st, 2016, 12:09 PM

Yeah!!!! Me too!! Have been so bad throughout Christmas, actually looking forward to eating less and exercising!

Inforthree
January 1st, 2016, 02:46 PM
Yeah!!!! Me too!! Have been so bad throughout Christmas, actually looking forward to eating less and exercising!
Me too! Diet starts Monday. Ready to get this underway!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jennypenny
January 6th, 2016, 02:12 PM
What amount of folic acid is everybody taking?

I've had a look through various threads but the amounts people are taking seem to vary a bit!

Is anybody taking folate? X

Butterflies buttercups
January 6th, 2016, 02:35 PM
I take 1200 xx

Dreamsister
January 6th, 2016, 03:56 PM
We will bee TTCing in April and I have as well been very mixed in my feelings about if it is a good idea or not to have a 4th, but now we will try and see what happens.

jennypenny
January 8th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I take 1200 xx

That's great thanks!

That def seems to be the amount most are taking. I was confused after reading on babycentre that you should take 400 and not exceed the recommended dose, but after reading a bit more I see that 1200 is safe to take.

Have you decided which month you are going to start ttc? We have decided to start in March eeek! X

atomic sagebrush
January 8th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Many reliable sources recommend 800-1000 for all moms preconception and during the first trimester. I have pink swayers taking 1200-1600 because we are on a restricted diet, some people are taking supps that may block absorption, and we are also not taking the B12 which makes folic/folate work more effectively. Whatever your body doesn't use, just gets urinated out.

Butterflies buttercups
January 8th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Yes I'm taking 1200 at the moment il be trying in May as want to be as good as I can for as long xx

cmiller1
January 10th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Hi I have two boys swaying for our last baby! Hoping for a girl! This will be our third month of trying just hoping to get preggo this month! I've been doing the LE since October -strict first month but lost too much weight! I'm small to begin w so have contined with no meat and skipping breakfast but not so much counting protein fat anymore but I am still eating healthier! Worried if I should continue w all the supplements or drop some since I'm not getting preggo!

cmiller1
January 10th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Hi atomic my plan and membership expired! Was planning on being preggo by now but no such luck! :( hoping you can help! Do you think maybe the refresh needs to be done sooner! I'm trying to do it 24 hours before! my O day has really been varying so hard to pin down when to do my refresh! im still taking my vitex chaste berry and saw palmento! Not going to use a lube this next time! Do you agree or should I change something this time? Was wondering we have been doing one attempt! Should I change and do more?

Beautifulrainbow
January 10th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Hi all my name is Caz, fate has force my hand to be ttc girl early 2016, I already have 3 boys! I hopefully start clomid on the weekend. Been trying coming nearly 10months now, really could do with some ttc buddies

Butterflies buttercups
January 10th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Hi caz well I'm on the Le diet at the moment TTC in may .
I have two boys and can only have one more child so am praying I have a girl next so I'm trying to be as good as I can be at the moment hoping I can be this good for the next 3/4 months!!
Good luck xxx

Beautifulrainbow
January 10th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Good luck, fx hope you getbyour girl too.xxx
I'm doing the pcos diet now, my hubby is going to be checked out on Tuesday and if everything is ok bring on the weekend

Butterflies buttercups
January 10th, 2016, 10:58 AM
R u having your first attempt soon then?! X

Beautifulrainbow
January 10th, 2016, 06:48 PM
no it's not my 1st attempt, we have been trying since April but I have only had 4 af in total all last year, found out I have pcos, hopefully it will be our 1st and only attempt in about 15days time

Inforthree
January 26th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Ladies, this is day five of being home after a snow storm. It has been BAD for my diet. Need to get back to normal routine. I'm feeling guilty!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3'sacharm
February 8th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Right. Hello all!!! I am hoping to persuade hubby to ttc (pink sway as two boys already) from April time hence I'm looking into getting properly into le pcos diet with cardio 5-6x per week. I'm taking fibre with most meals, getting plenty of cardio in, just need to cut back on the weights. I don't especially need to shift any weight but could lose a few pounds if it helps. I think I'm struggling most with the sugar going le pcos diet... �� I've been skipping breakfast for months now in preparation. Any other "easy" sway tips I could add in??x

Skymoon
February 8th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Hi! I'm TTC for boy this time, I just finished OVing so I'm in my two week wait. I already have a girl, didn't know about swaying at the time but looking back here is what I ate and did. I usually had breakfast: fruit with yogurth. Lunch: veggies and chicken. Dinner: chicken or tuna with veggies. I try to avoid any kind of carbs b/c I was on a diet, hardly ate snacks but if I did it was an apple, ate cheese, I'm not a milk person so I never drink milk, it's been years. Supplements: none, just 400mg FA. Drink lots of water and sometimes will put apple vinager in it. We would DTD every other day from AF to past OV and on OV would DTD 3 days in a row. My husband has a lot of sex drive, so he is not the kind that would want to abstain 4-5 days ( there goes my boy sway :nails:) he rides horses every single day, so he has a lot of heat on his jewels-sways girl- and (there goes my boy sway again :worry:) so, no wonder I had a girl. I changed my diet a lot this time and been doing supplements etc, and around my OV we went on a trip to the snow so I hope that helped his jewels :bluesperm:

Good luck!!

Skymoon
February 8th, 2016, 07:55 PM
One more thing! I wasn't doing any weights, just at home cardio, or some cardio circuits at home to keep weight off, I was very slim.