PDA

View Full Version : Dr. P what's your view on Estrogen Priming Protocol

mydream
August 10th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Dr. P.
I am 38- trying for a girl and after 2 failed IVF cycles- due to embryos that came back for 24 testing as chromosomally abnormal, I am planning for my 3rd and final cycle and the dr. is going to do estrogen priming. The first two cycles included bcp, lupron, Gonal-F and Menopur. I have 2 healthy boys conceived naturally and quickly. My highest fsh was 10.2.

What is your view on estrogen priming and have you seen dramatic differences in women's egg quality with this type of protocol?

Can you give me an example of what an EPP would look like with you?

Many thanks!

mydream
August 16th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Please help Dr. P..this is my last try at IVF~

Wanting a daughter
September 14th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Bumping, also want to hear his response.

Dr. Potter
September 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Dr. P.
I am 38- trying for a girl and after 2 failed IVF cycles- due to embryos that came back for 24 testing as chromosomally abnormal, I am planning for my 3rd and final cycle and the dr. is going to do estrogen priming. The first two cycles included bcp, lupron, Gonal-F and Menopur. I have 2 healthy boys conceived naturally and quickly. My highest fsh was 10.2.

What is your view on estrogen priming and have you seen dramatic differences in women's egg quality with this type of protocol?

Can you give me an example of what an EPP would look like with you?

Many thanks!
It may help with number and quality of eggs in some patients. It is not likely to have much impact on the genetics of the embryos though. There are many variations of the estrogen priming protocol. Estradiol pills, patches or both are usually started in the mid-luteal phase. Antagonist is sometimes added after the first day of estradiol. Patient then stops antagonist and estradiol and begins stims on 3rd med free day. Cycle will either be a ML flare or antagonist protocol. This is one variation. I hope that it helps.

mydream
September 18th, 2011, 07:13 PM
This helps so much! I appreciate your responses!

Dr. Potter
September 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Let us know how it goes

mydream
September 28th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Dr. P... just to let you know how it went.. the dr. only retrieved 4 eggs today. Low number but trying to stay hopeful that I have a good quality girl in there.

Dr. Potter
September 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Dr. P... just to let you know how it went.. the dr. only retrieved 4 eggs today. Low number but trying to stay hopeful that I have a good quality girl in there.Stay postive, it only takes ONE!!!

mydream
October 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Dr. P...I am happy to tell you that I just got my results...and we have ONE!!! 24 chromosome normal girl !!! I am on my way to a FET!

Dr. Potter
October 20th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Dr. P...I am happy to tell you that I just got my results...and we have ONE!!! 24 chromosome normal girl !!! I am on my way to a FET!

Awesome, good luck, keep us posted

mydream
October 21st, 2011, 12:32 PM
Thank you!She was a hatching blast with a good grade...would you say 80% chance it will work?