PDA

View Full Version : The Nub Club

EmileeJane
April 24th, 2015, 12:40 AM
So I had my 12 week NT scan today and have been researching the nub theory and was thinking I'd do my best to spot it and guess during the US. A few days before, I was talking baby talk with a friend who happens to go to the same OB practice and we were talking about a specific ultrasound tech and she told me the tech I was seeing had mentioned to her that you can tell gender at 12 wk scan! I immediately knew the tech must know the nub theory.
I was trying hard not to ask because my DH wants us to find out at 20 wks, but right at the end I asked her since I hadn't seen the nub during the scan. When asked the us tech looked at me and in a soft voice asked, 'You know about the nub theory? '. I felt like i was part of a secret club! She said to remember that it's just a THEORY. Then found and pointed out the nub instantly and asked if I wanted her guess. I caved and said yes. She told me girl. I asked if it matters what position the baby is in and she said it does that baby needs to be as flat on back as possible. She then again pointed to the screen and told me baby was as flat as it gets and then at the nub and showed me how straight out it was. I would definitely have guessed girl for anyone else looking at it. It just seemed unbelievable that I may actually get a girl. I mean, it still feels very boy and I have a boy name picked out. I am sorry I asked because I was really coming to terms with having all boys and never having a daughter. Now I'm nervous I'll get my hopes up again only to be in the 30% of incorrect nub guesses.
I'm not sure what the point to my story is. I was given hope for a girl even though I was coming to terms with never having one. I now have a secret I'm hiding from my DH, so that feels bad. And I still have to wait for 20 week scan to find out for sure anyway.
I'm scared to let myself hope she is right and scared to be let down. Ignorance is bliss in this situation.
Anyone else have a confident tech guess on nub theory? Were they right?

XXforhubby
April 24th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Post the pic if you have it!!!! I would be cautiously optimistic and if it hurts to entertain the idea of a girl, then don't! Just know it can go either way, you know?

This baby is meant to be a part of your family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmileeJane
April 24th, 2015, 09:44 AM
I don't have any nub pictures! I heard her print only 3 pix early on. Only one is a full body side pic and you can't see a nub. I asked right at the end when I got the whole lesson and guess! I am holding my breath for the next 8 weeks.

Our DDs are just about a month apart Xx! That is exciting. I'll check into the the DD groups to talk to you all!