PDA

View Full Version : The Nub Club

EmileeJane
April 24th, 2015, 12:52 AM
So I had my 12 week NT scan today and have been researching the nub theory and was thinking I'd do my best to spot it and guess during the US. A few days before, I was talking baby talk with a friend who happens to go to the same OB practice and we were talking about a specific ultrasound tech and she told me the tech I was seeing had mentioned to her that you can tell gender at 12 wk scan! I immediately knew the tech must know the nub theory.*
I was trying hard not to ask because my DH wants us to find out at 20 wks, but right at the end I asked her since I hadn't seen the nub during the scan. When asked the us tech looked at me and in a soft voice asked, 'You know about the nub theory? '. I felt like i was part of a secret club! She said to remember that it's just a THEORY. Then found and pointed out the nub instantly and asked if I wanted her guess. I caved and said yes. She told me girl. I asked if it matters what position the baby is in and she said that baby needs to be as flat on back as possible. She then again pointed to the screen and told me baby was as flat as it gets and then at the nub and showed me how straight out it was.
I would definitely have guessed girl for anyone else looking at it. It just seemed unbelievable that I may actually get a girl. I mean, it still feels very boy and I have a boy name picked out. I am sorry I asked because I was really coming to terms with having all boys and never having a daughter. Now I'm nervous I'll get my hopes up again only to be in the 30% of incorrect nub guesses.*
I'm not sure what the point to my story is. I was given hope for a girl even though I was coming to terms with never having one. I now have a secret I'm hiding from my DH, so that feels bad. And I still have to wait for 20 week scan to find out for sure anyway. Really I'm back at square one only worse off!
I'm scared to let myself hope she is right and scared to be let down. Ignorance is bliss in this situation!
Has anyone had a confident, nub savvy tech guess on the nub theory? Were they right?

kitkat18
April 24th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Oh honey! It's so hard isn't it!!! If a tech told you girl confidently I would tend to believe them. Can you post the PIC so we can guess? I know how you feel I had 100% girly nub guesses but I was still nervous as hell going into that 20 week scan. XX

Hitmebabyonemoretime
April 24th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Eeep!!! That's so exciting.! I would feel the same as you if that went down in my world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmileeJane
April 25th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Kitkat- so you did eind up with a girl at 20 weeks? !

And I wish I had a nub pic to post. She had already printed some out and I asked at the very end so I don't have one to post!

kitkat18
April 26th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Kitkat- so you did eind up with a girl at 20 weeks? !

And I wish I had a nub pic to post. She had already printed some out and I asked at the very end so I don't have one to post!
Yes!! She is in my arms now :) xx