PDA

View Full Version : Having severe GD today...

LuvMyXYbutWantXX
August 10th, 2011, 04:38 PM
So in the past 2 days I have found out that TWO more of my friends are having girls. Well, one found out via 18 wk u/s and the other had her baby today and didn't know the gender and it was a girl. I know this sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I can assure you I am not--- EVERYONE I know either has a girl or is expecting a girl except for my sister (we both had our DS's within 2 days of each other). ALL my good friends have girls except me and I think I'm the only one who REALLY wanted to have a girl.

Most days I am 100% happy with my little life and my beautiful son. But anytime I hear the news that someone else is having a girl I have like 1-2 hours of severe gender depression where I cry and hate my life. I am so happy it was time for my son's nap b/c I didn't want him to see me crying (even tho he's only 14 months and has no idea what is going on). Makes me so angry at myself for feeling like I "need" a daughter when I have the most amazing, sweetest little mama's boy ever.

Anyway, just had to vent and get it off my chest.
:tissue:

nuthinbutpink
August 10th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Feels like someone kicks you in the side when you find out someone had your DG. It's tough.

zanacal
August 10th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Big {hugs}

begonia
August 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM
:hugs::hugs::hugs: Hugs to you and you know you can always vent here when you need to let it out.

fourblessings
August 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Its ok to feel this way and you know it will pass. I can see in your siggie you are about to do IVF so hang in there its going to happen. You are very young and I bet youl have success X

Bambina
August 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I hope that your upcoming cycle is successful and washes away all your GD!

LuvMyXYbutWantXX
August 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Yes, I start cycling in Sept. I do hope I get lucky and IVF washes away all this pain & anguish. I know it is not a sure bet though. It is just so hard watching everyone I know get what I want.

Locksley27
August 11th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I know exactly how you feel. OH and I are the only ones in his family that dont have a girl. And no matter how much I love my DS's I still long to have a girl. It was really upsetting when 2 weeks after I had my 3rd son my sil had a girl. Im hoping tomorrow the ultrasound tells me I am having a girl but we will see. I hope you get your little girl soon.

LolaInLove
August 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Luv, your feelings are VERY normal....just hold on to the hope that your upcoming cycle will give you the daugher your heart is aching for. I think most of us here on this site know what you mean, that's why we are here- as much as we love our children, we want a son/daughter so badly. I hope you feel better today though...HUGS. Count your luck when you are feeling down....you are lucky to be able to go HT, to have a darling little son, and that you will be one day in the next year holding your baby girl!!!

LuvMyXYbutWantXX
August 11th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better today. Definitely have been hugging my beautiful DS 100x's more than usual. I feel blessed to have him. And definitely blessed to have the opportunity to try HT. Praying it works for me.

atomic sagebrush
August 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Ugh, I'm so sorry! I sometimes feel like a "baby girl magnet" for everyone I know except for myself and a handful of people I REALLY want it for.

Inglewood
August 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I have days like you too, after 2 lovely boys I get annoyed that I'm still not totally contented with my life. I have a friend due her girl after 2 boys this week, will be a toughie, esp when she truly would of been happy with boy no3! She never had a GD, or strong desire for a girl, just another baby. Take care xx