PDA

View Full Version : cm question.

mandyp85
May 1st, 2015, 09:31 AM
Hi ladies, I apologise in advance for the tmi but I haven't had any cm that is considered "fertile" during the last few days, I believe o is today, it's been cloudy and slightly tacky all week, until today when it's lotion like (I have had my attempt this week, on Wednesday) and I'm just concerned that it will seriously hinder my chance of pregnancy this month or is that generally how the cm goes after being on the diet? Thank you.

mandyp85
May 2nd, 2015, 06:40 AM
:-)

XXforhubby
May 2nd, 2015, 08:50 AM
You can always use a tiny bit of a sperm friendly lube, Conceive Plus or Yes Baby, only enough to make BDing more comfortable. I had to during months where CM was pretty well gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandyp85
May 2nd, 2015, 09:30 AM
Around my cervix there seemed to be ample amounts, not loads but not verging on being dry either, my concern is the consistency of it, would that sort of cm make getting pregnant pretty difficult? I know the point of the le diet is to slowly reduce fertility so I accept I may find it harder to get pregnant but is that lotion like cm the type that we want for conceiving girls?

mandyp85
May 3rd, 2015, 09:27 AM
:-)

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 3rd, 2015, 07:42 PM
Bump

PrimalMamma
May 4th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Strangely I always ovulate & am fertile the week after my EWCM changes to creamy. It took me 5 years to get pregnant with my first baby because I was going on CM consistency. My second & 3rd, when I started ignoring CM consistency, I was pregnant very quickly. I would go on other methods of fertility/ovulation prediction (OPK, temperature etc) rather than worrying too much about CM.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 4th, 2015, 09:03 AM
So Mandy, I think I get what you're asking. I actually have the same issue. I'm assuming it's diet (and breastfeeding in my case).
I am not sure the answer, bc I thought creamy/cloudy was harder for sperm to pass through in general, but idk - probably IS better for TTC pink

mandyp85
May 4th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Strangely I always ovulate & am fertile the week after my EWCM changes to creamy. It took me 5 years to get pregnant with my first baby because I was going on CM consistency. My second & 3rd, when I started ignoring CM consistency, I was pregnant very quickly. I would go on other methods of fertility/ovulation prediction (OPK, temperature etc) rather than worrying too much about CM.

Thank you :-) I haven't noticed any ewcm at all this month and I just bd'd 2 days before I expected to ovulate, I have a 28 day cycle which doesn't seem to change. I caught the egg last month with the same timing which unfortunately ended in a chemical. I have no experience of using opks so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to start now. As long as I know it's not impossible to get pregnant with that consistency of cm I'm happy with that :-) Thank you for taking the time to reply.

mandyp85
May 4th, 2015, 09:17 AM
So Mandy, I think I get what you're asking. I actually have the same issue. I'm assuming it's diet (and breastfeeding in my case).
I am not sure the answer, bc I thought creamy/cloudy was harder for sperm to pass through in general, but idk - probably IS better for TTC pink

Well I'm hoping that it just means the diet is working and I'm assuming that's the case but just wanted some reassurance really. I guess anything that makes it harder to get pregnant sways pink so I'm guessing it's a good sign, well fingers crossed anyway. Thank you for taking the time to reply :-)

maidentomother
May 4th, 2015, 02:53 PM
It's the diet. You can totally conceive without seeing any fertile CM (and you very well may have some up at your cervix) and creamy/lotiony sways pink. Bc swaying can mess with your cycle and make things unpredictable, I strongly suggest using OPKa or BDing every 4 days all cycle long.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 4th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Mandy, remind me when your going to make your attempt?

Maiden - thanks for the reply - I was becoming curious about cm too - I've only been on the diet properly for 6 weeks and already everything is cray-cray.

mandyp85
May 4th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Hitme, I'm in the process of ttc now so will attempt every month until I get a BFP, what about you?

Thank you for that maiden, just wanted some clarification on that as I was just a little concerned, it's good to be able to see a physical result of the diet, at least I know I'm doing it right :-) I will invest in some opks then as due to work etc we don't always get the opportunity to bd regularly. Thanks for taking the time to reply :-)

True Blue
May 4th, 2015, 04:05 PM
I never had fertile CM (that I could see) when I conceived my girls :)

mandyp85
May 4th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I never had fertile CM when I conceived my girls :)

Yay lol it's so nice and reassuring to hear that, thank you :bigsmile:

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 4th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Omg GL!
I'm Ttc next cycle - just idk when that will be. My fertility is definitely lower - although I did start getting some ew it was a trace amount, and then I had globs of that creamy action. I also never got a pos opk, aaaand im on cd 43. Sooo as soon as Af comes and goes were dtd every 4 days and then testing I guess a lot - which reminds me I better order a ton of hpts

mandyp85
May 4th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Thank you :-) I'm very excited and nervous at the same time, I quite like this diet but I will be glad to be able to eat normally again :-) good luck to you also and I hope af comes soon, it must be a nightmare not having regular cycles but bding every 4 days sounds like a good plan, we don't have the energy for that lol. I really hope I've caught the egg this month as I have been ill and had a chemical last month so think those things would help me with ttc pink. how old is your youngest? If you don't mind me asking.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 4th, 2015, 06:22 PM
I think the chemical does help (as unfortunate as it is).
My youngest is 13 months.
I don't have the energy either to be quite honest but I gotta give it my all.
Are you doing cardio too?

PrimalMamma
May 4th, 2015, 08:52 PM
If you get on eBay you can buy a tonne of OPKs for really cheap. I got 50 OPKs for about $8!!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 4th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I should try eBay - I usually but on Amazon.ca.

mandyp85
May 5th, 2015, 02:40 AM
I think the chemical does help (as unfortunate as it is).
My youngest is 13 months.
I don't have the energy either to be quite honest but I gotta give it my all.
Are you doing cardio too?

Yes it's not the nicest way to think of a chemical is it really :-( but I guess it's better than to wallow in it. I was doing exercise but I couldn't commit to it for one reason or another so have dropped it, I didn't exercise when I got my dd so I'm not too concerned about not doing it.

Thank you PrimalMamma I will do that :-)

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Yes, your CM can change after being on the diet. You can often still get pg without any visible CM, there is some up inside that you can't see.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Around my cervix there seemed to be ample amounts, not loads but not verging on being dry either, my concern is the consistency of it, would that sort of cm make getting pregnant pretty difficult? I know the point of the le diet is to slowly reduce fertility so I accept I may find it harder to get pregnant but is that lotion like cm the type that we want for conceiving girls?

Don't go spelunking looking for EWCM. You guys should not be obsessing over these little details. Your body knows how to get pg and it can def. do so without visible CM. I got my 4th boy without any CM that I noticed and my pH never went up and I was testing 2-3 times a day (this was when I was doing a more IG approach).

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2015, 08:17 PM

:bowdown: this times 1000! People have CM patterns all over the map (and this is why I know for a fact that the BS they claim on other sites about O+12 nonsense or Shettles timing for blue is just that, BS nonsense)

When I conceived my daughter I really had very little visible EWCM (external, I wasn't checking for it) till right before I Oed. Then this stuck around for a couple days after I Oed (and my O date was confirmed by ultrasound so I know when I conceived.) If I would have waited around till my CM turned lotiony I would not have a daughter today.

One attempt is getting great results, ladies. Do one attempt and PLEASE do not start monitoring the consistency of your CM and worrying that you won't get pg if you don't see eWCM or wondering if it sways pink or blue. We don't know and I can't answer your questions.

mandyp85
May 8th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Thank atomic :-) this is the only time I've ever worried about cm consistency, the other attempt months I didn't even think about it, was just bding before I expected ovulation to occur :-) I have today at 7dpo had some brown tinted cm and a little cramping so I'm hoping it's implantation and not af coming a week early.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 8th, 2015, 02:49 PM
GL Mandy!!!

mandyp85
May 8th, 2015, 03:27 PM
GL Mandy!!!

Thank you :-)