PDA

View Full Version : Who else is waiting for the royal baby?

trifecta
May 1st, 2015, 11:09 PM
If she has a girl I'm going to cry bitter tears! :nails:

And on a second note anyone who would bet a big wad of cash on not only the sex, but the name and birthday of the royal baby is nuts. That's too many variables! I couldn't have predicted the birthdays of my own children!

Kittybear
May 2nd, 2015, 02:53 AM
Me too Hun ;) I bet kate has a girl, because she's just bound to, right?! Lol we shall see.... Xx

Dana-Alicia
May 2nd, 2015, 03:40 AM
Yup I'm also anxiously waiting! I bet it's a girl, too many clues were given. The perfect pigeon pair for the girl with the prince and the castle lol! I hope she gets what she is hoping for xx

purple
May 2nd, 2015, 06:32 AM
It's a girl...

"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a daughter at 8.34am. The baby weighs 8lbs 3oz."

I was hoping it would be a boy purely because I'm slightly jealous of everyone else who gets a girl after having one boy.

coocoobananas
May 2nd, 2015, 06:34 AM
It's a girl of course! Lol
I've had a girl after 3 boys and I'm still p'o'd lol!
She's a duchess and gets a pigeon pair?? Ug. Only thing is I do sympathize for her rough pregnancies and for that I kinda wished her one of each as I wouldn't wish that kinda sickness on anyone! If i had to wish a pigeon pair on anyone, it would be on ladies who get so sick:(
Sorry 3:30am ramblings between baby feedings;p

BrightSky
May 2nd, 2015, 06:38 AM
i think a lot of hits were dropped that it was a girl so no real surprises there. I wonder if she swayed?!

Bambi
May 2nd, 2015, 06:53 AM
Yeah... I admit I cried after hearing she had a girl. Just pure jealous. I'm happy for them and everything but I'm just so jealous everytime I hear girl news - that's crazy I know. But just reminds me of something that I don't have.

But no, it wasn't a suprise really. Too many hints pointing to a girl and imagine the pressure put on from the media etc. of the girl hopes. That would've killed me if it had been me and I'd known I'd be having a boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pink rose 76
May 2nd, 2015, 06:56 AM
I know what you mean. I feel like everyone seems to get their little girls but me. I knew she would have a girl. But am happy for her. I bet she'll be really cute like George.

jennypenny
May 2nd, 2015, 07:28 AM
I knew it would be a girl!!!! (Grr!)

Oh my goodness, I feel like such a bitch!!

Have also got a feeling they are going to use my girl name!( Alice) oh well, hopefully someday I will still get to use it :)

queen-of-harts
May 2nd, 2015, 07:41 AM
I knew it would be a girl.Ugh I'm holding out hope the baby at least looks like a Hobbit ;)

lemonade
May 2nd, 2015, 08:13 AM
Of course it's a girl! It couldn't not be.

I actually cried when I read fake headlines about it being a girl a year ago (postpartum hormones) and made a post about how ridiculous I felt about that.

What stings the most is how much MORE excited everyone is over a little princess. I mean, people were openly disappointed about her first being a prince! Imagine if she had a second boy? The media would openly express disappointment, as if it was a huge letdown. Don't tell me gender disappointment isn't externally influenced. (Sorry, feeling bitter.)

XXforhubby
May 2nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
I think she swayed. Remember how skinny she got before getting the BFP? I also bet she could influence gender based on diet- she has cooks and doctors to have all the resources for a fab sway! I say it's awesome! She has a terrible time in early pregnancy and she won't have to go at it again!

Slightly bitter though. At least there are plenty of rich people who don't have the perfect pigeon pair we can console with! Gwen Stefani, Shakira, Elle Macpherson, Naomi Watts, Cate Blanchett, Sheryl Crowe, Amy Poehler, Melissa Joan Hart (Bless her heart- she has three boys!!), Usher, Russell Crowe, and of course Prince William's mum Princess Diana.

A long list makes me feel better[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia_Peach
May 2nd, 2015, 08:48 AM
I see what you mean xxforhubby!
Can you imagine if she was on this website....we would have no idea!

Kittybear
May 2nd, 2015, 09:30 AM
I created this post for this reason :) xx
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/chit-chat-lounge/43539-celebrity-mums-moms-boys.html

trifecta
May 2nd, 2015, 09:42 AM
What stings the most is how much MORE excited everyone is over a little princess. I mean, people were openly disappointed about her first being a prince! Imagine if she had a second boy? The media would openly express disappointment, as if it was a huge letdown. Don't tell me gender disappointment isn't externally influenced. (Sorry, feeling bitter.)

This is exactly why I hoped for a boy for them (plus I thought George would be less likely to be lonely with a brother).

Oh, well.

BrightSky
May 3rd, 2015, 07:14 AM
I think I read somewhere that she was eating steamed fish and vegs every night (maybe this site even?!) I totally think she would have had a lot of help on the diet front. I didn't think anyone was disappointed their first was a boy were they? Maybe a missed something? Seems very perfect, a boy then a girl, I was secretly hoping they had a boy just for some more boy families in the spotlight!

hopper
May 3rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
Of course it's a girl. How could it not be. I was like a witch all day yesterday! I remember when she was pg on George and was so sick, I really commiserated with her as I had Hyperemesis on my two boys. I remember finding out my second DS was a boy and being like "OMG I have to do this again to try have a daughter!" I wasn't the only one either, my own family and my in laws have all been so verbal about how my wish for more children (mainly a daughter!) is selfish as my Hyperemesis takes control of everyone's lives :(

Very upsetting that Kate got her PP, and my almost bitterness makes me feel awful! I hate feeling this way. DH was sat on the sofa with the boys last night and said how he can't wait for the days when he can sit down and watch football with them. I asked what would I do when the 3 of them do that and he goes "Sure go on the laptop or read a book" I got so upset that he has "his boys" and I am pegged to be forever left out in the cold. The birth of the Princess yesterday set me off so it didn't take much to upset me. I hate being so sensitive!!

atomic sagebrush
May 3rd, 2015, 08:55 AM
I do not think she swayed. I don't think that's how their minds work in that universe. :)

Like I mentioned in another thread, I'm happy for them but I do feel a bit bitter whenever I see a young successful couple get a pigeon pair easily. I even go so far as to wonder sometimes if there is something "magic" that makes it happen that way. Like if you're blissfully happy and satisfied then your body somehow makes PP and then the rest of us are either all boys or all girls (but that is my inner green-eyed monster talking.)

Hopper, with my two older boys my husband has always complained "you three are like a club and I am left out". So it can go a different way too.

Adia
May 3rd, 2015, 09:23 AM
Someone said Kate smokes....so a girl makes sense, still feels unfair for those of us who diet for years, gain/lose tons of weight, and struggle with GD for ages.

Always irks me when someone gets a boy and smokes...but I have known plenty of people who smoke and get boys.

Dana-Alicia
May 3rd, 2015, 09:43 AM
Of course it's a girl. How could it not be. I was like a witch all day yesterday! I remember when she was pg on George and was so sick, I really commiserated with her as I had Hyperemesis on my two boys. I remember finding out my second DS was a boy and being like "OMG I have to do this again to try have a daughter!" I wasn't the only one either, my own family and my in laws have all been so verbal about how my wish for more children (mainly a daughter!) is selfish as my Hyperemesis takes control of everyone's lives :(

Very upsetting that Kate got her PP, and my almost bitterness makes me feel awful! I hate feeling this way. DH was sat on the sofa with the boys last night and said how he can't wait for the days when he can sit down and watch football with them. I asked what would I do when the 3 of them do that and he goes "Sure go on the laptop or read a book" I got so upset that he has "his boys" and I am pegged to be forever left out in the cold. The birth of the Princess yesterday set me off so it didn't take much to upset me. I hate being so sensitive!!

Are you my long lost twin sister? Do we have the same family? This is so spot on for me as well! I get hyperemesis with every pregnancy, I would vomit constantly. And SPD to cripple me. The first thing in my mind with both boy pregnancies: oh no I must go through this again for a girl! And my husband is now watching transformers downstairs with the boys and I'm cleaning upstairs (ok and occasionally looking on the laptop to check the forum ;) ) We have to work so hard to 'even things out' and others just get it. I'm happy for Kate, I bet she was hoping for a girl. But somehow people with a PP are so smug!

peonymama
May 3rd, 2015, 02:44 PM
I hadn't been following the new up until now, but what were the earlier hints that it was a girl?

hopper
May 3rd, 2015, 05:05 PM
Are you my long lost twin sister? Do we have the same family? This is so spot on for me as well! I get hyperemesis with every pregnancy, I would vomit constantly. And SPD to cripple me. The first thing in my mind with both boy pregnancies: oh no I must go through this again for a girl! And my husband is now watching transformers downstairs with the boys and I'm cleaning upstairs (ok and occasionally looking on the laptop to check the forum ;) ) We have to work so hard to 'even things out' and others just get it. I'm happy for Kate, I bet she was hoping for a girl. But somehow people with a PP are so smug!

Lol I feel less alone now ;) I AM delighted for her, really I am. It must be so difficult living her life now under a microscope and I can appreciate how hard that must be....still, my green eyed monster can't seem to let go lol. DH says I have him driven mad all weekend, I really am in flying form!!

I write a blog (well, attempt to anyway, I haven't in about a month with one thing or another!) And I swear some day I will write about the horror that is GD in an effort to shine a light on it! It's such a taboo subject whenever it is mentioned in a group of women. I am joined to a mother's FB group, we all had our kids within 6 months of each other and its always the boy mothers who guilt trip anyone showing any kind of desire for a daughter. Probably their own guilt bubbling to the surface but I hate all this mother shaming that goes on. That's what I love about this site, there none of that nonsense. Everyone is accepting and understanding! When I heard about Kate having her DD yesterday I immediately thought "Bet there will be a thread on GD and I can relax knowing I am normal and not alone!" Lol. So thanks for that ladies x

hopper
May 3rd, 2015, 05:08 PM
I hadn't been following the new up until now, but what were the earlier hints that it was a girl?

There was a story a while back that she was browsing in the pink girly section of some store or other. I dunno if there were other hints though, that's all that springs to mind.

Dana-Alicia
May 4th, 2015, 03:22 AM

She wore more pink than usual I think. And they were handing out crescents in a white box white a pink ribbon around it. Pretty obvious that last one, they might as well tell everyone beforehand.

Dana-Alicia
May 4th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Lol I feel less alone now ;) I AM delighted for her, really I am. It must be so difficult living her life now under a microscope and I can appreciate how hard that must be....still, my green eyed monster can't seem to let go lol. DH says I have him driven mad all weekend, I really am in flying form!!

I write a blog (well, attempt to anyway, I haven't in about a month with one thing or another!) And I swear some day I will write about the horror that is GD in an effort to shine a light on it! It's such a taboo subject whenever it is mentioned in a group of women. I am joined to a mother's FB group, we all had our kids within 6 months of each other and its always the boy mothers who guilt trip anyone showing any kind of desire for a daughter. Probably their own guilt bubbling to the surface but I hate all this mother shaming that goes on. That's what I love about this site, there none of that nonsense. Everyone is accepting and understanding! When I heard about Kate having her DD yesterday I immediately thought "Bet there will be a thread on GD and I can relax knowing I am normal and not alone!" Lol. So thanks for that ladies x

Yes to all of that! To be honest though, I do get a lot of women opening up to me somehow. I never made it a secret I would love a girl next time (always in a joking way though and I'm quick to say I would love another boy of course). And a lot of women tell me they feel the same. Most of my friends have all boys and they all say they would love a girl as well. Makes me feel less alone. But I do think I'm extreme in my desires for a DD, I blame it on losing my DD but maybe I would have felt this way even if I never had her. I'm prone to depressions and tend to overthink everything. I am also happy for Kate, but it has put extra pressure on all of us. Look how perfect she is? Look how imperfect we are? But I won't let it get me down anymore, I'm one proud mama and nobody says anything negative (anymore) because I show pride and selfesteem about myself but mostly my family. Took me years to get there, but I'm almost at peace now. Just need that one (or two, haha my DH says I'm pushing it) girls and my life will seriously be perfect. I really do hope we will all achieve that some day soon!!!

True Blue
May 4th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Wishing you more pink dust than you know what to do with Dana :)

Dana-Alicia
May 4th, 2015, 03:37 AM
Wishing you more pink dust than you know what to do with Dana :)

Thanks! And all my blue dust coming your way! :D

lemonade
May 4th, 2015, 01:29 PM
They've given her a name, and it's very pretty too. For some reason, that has really poked the green eyed monster inside me.

I've had names for my future daughter in my head for over a decade.

I get the sense that people actually care a lot less about this baby's birth than they did about George, if they even cared at all. I'm definitely blowing it up in my mind as a bigger deal than it is to most people, because getting a girl after a boy is such a trigger for me, and also I've just had a m/c.

I definitely feel a connection to moms who have little boys and I sort of felt this with Kate as a high profile example (although I honestly don't care about the royal family at all in general) but it's just another "boy mom" in an ever growing list who is suddenly no longer a "boy mom" and gets to join the exclusive "other side".

nuthinbutpink
May 4th, 2015, 01:46 PM
She's living a fairy tale that's for sure. Love the names too. The fact that she walked out of the hospital 9 hours after giving birth looking that way makes it even more of a real life fairy tale! I'm sure as lovely as her life is it's filled with lots of BS too.

Dana-Alicia
May 4th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah totally. Love the names, love how she looked, love how she was glowing and the little girls hat and blanket, so precious. And yet it stabs me in the heart to know I may not get to experience that feeling, that happy glow, that big smile because she has a perfect pp now. She's no superwoman and it must be very hard to always keep up that part, especially when you feel like crap after just having a human being squeezed through your vajayjay. That's what I tell myself though because it's just too much happiness and rainbow shitting unicorns all over the place. Where's our unicorn?! Let him come have a shit in our yard!