PDA

View Full Version : Too low BBT?

happyheart
August 11th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hello :)

Is there such a thing as too low BBT? I noticed mine has dipped down to 96.0. This is my second month charting my temperature and for the most part last month it stayed near 97 pre-ovulation. Is one degree a big difference? I was just wondering if it could be due to the diet? :)

Thank you! :)

rainbowflower
August 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
it could be... are you taking the temps at the same time each day?
it's normal for average temps to vary between cycles, and the only "low" temps that really matter are the post-OV ones as that can show a progesterone deficiency, and then that is low relative to the pre-ov temps not necessarily low in value.

happyheart
August 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM
it's normal for average temps to vary between cycles, and the only "low" temps that really matter are the post-OV ones as that can show a progesterone deficiency, and then that is low relative to the pre-ov temps not necessarily low in value.

Oh!!! I didn't realize that! Last cycle I stopped taking my temp after I ovulated. Thank you so much!! :)

rainbowflower
August 11th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I stop taking my temp after I ovulate too ;) much less stressful that way!

DoulaMama
August 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
My chart is in my siggy and you can see that I have a huge range in temps. I temped all through the cycle and like rainbow mentioned, as long as you see an increase in temp past O, thats all that matters. If I wasn't pregnant this past cycle I would be doing vaginal temping as well.

happyheart
August 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Oh wow! Thank you!!! That is very helpful!!! I hope that you are doing well DM!! :) :)

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Brilliant as ever! Thx Rainbow.

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Oh!!! I didn't realize that! Last cycle I stopped taking my temp after I ovulated. Thank you so much!! :)

Also, just so you know, temping is actually a free and highly reliable method of pregnancy testing. If your temp stays high for 18 days after O, then you are preggo!!!

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM
My chart is in my siggy and you can see that I have a huge range in temps. I temped all through the cycle and like rainbow mentioned, as long as you see an increase in temp past O, thats all that matters. If I wasn't pregnant this past cycle I would be doing vaginal temping as well.

Doula, that is a beautifully wonky cycle! FX and TX for ya!

happyheart
August 12th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Also, just so you know, temping is actually a free and highly reliable method of pregnancy testing. If your temp stays high for 18 days after O, then you are preggo!!!

Wow! Thank you atomic!! I will continue to temp! :)