PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I am stuck on deciding clincs......

Bettybleu
May 6th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Hi everyone,
I've literally spent two days of my time (when I should be washing/cleaning/shopping!!) sitting on here reading all about peoples stories and successes or fails. I am desperate to do this, I'm in the UK, have five boys and am 39 - time is against me.

Firstly I was looking at Genesis, Cyprus. Dr Savvas has been very quick to respond to emails and answer questions, I like him. However, I am worried about the low success rates I'm seeing on here. I need the highest success rate clinic I can find at my age.

With five boys, planning and travelling are key. I don't think I can take them all with me if I go to the US. This is probably my preferred location though as I think success rates seem to be higher.

So then I'm looking between HRC (no.1 choice due to the fact that I've been on and off this site for many years and always Dr P has been a favourite so he must be good!) or New York clinics such as Dr Bravermann or Steinberg or SIRM.

My questions are to you all - why does HRC tend to seem a lot cheaper than NY clinics (am I right?)
How long would I have to be away?
Whats your thoughts on best clinic results wise - really I'm praying for a OHW here!!!

Any help you can give me would be great as I think my head is about to explode!.

Thanks x

nuthinbutpink
May 6th, 2015, 08:56 AM
CZ could be an option for you. It would be much less expensive and you could possibly cycle twice versus once in the US. Yes, HRC is less expensive than NY. Everything in NY is more expensive!

Bettybleu
May 6th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks but CZ is not an option I'm looking at. I am uncomfortable with not being able to openly discuss GS there.
Ok so say I'm deciding between Dr P and Dr Braverman....... so NY is more expensive but closer to home.... HRC I like as it seems everything is done inhouse... has anyone had experience of both clinics?? Do you see Dr P in person, will he do ER/ET himself - same goes for Dr Braverman?

Is it generally an 11 day stay for both clinics? I've heard of intl ladies doing a FET to enable them less time away from home - obviously this means 2 lots of flights but could be good as I'm worried about leaving the boys (taking them to California/New York all five of them may be too expensive during holiday season!)

Thanks for your help NBP - where did you cycle to get your lovely boy, are you in the states?
x

nuthinbutpink
May 6th, 2015, 03:06 PM
I cycled at RBA in Atlanta. Dr Potter does his ER and ET unless he's out of town. Dr Braverman does not do his. Another doctor does that. I would go for a fresh transfer because it is much cheaper when traveling. No extra FET cost and no extra travel.

Bettybleu
May 6th, 2015, 03:15 PM
I didn't think of extra FET cost etc.... makes sense to do a fresh transfer, if I can be away for that amount of time.

so at present I'm between HRC positives are Dr P sounds hands on and good success rates but it is a LONG way from me....
Dr Braverman - good location and good success but more expensive and perhaps less hands on?? It helps that both of them offer a discount for those on this site!

Any other points I should be considering? Do they do the same type of embryo testing at both clinics do you know?
Any other clinics you would recommend I look at?

Thanks once again, you are a great help.
x

mic
August 11th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Have you decided Bettybleu?? I`m currently between NYC (expensive and a long journey, we live in Norway) - and Genesis in South Cyprus (lower success rate and still a long journey)

MrsE
January 1st, 2016, 03:54 PM
Did you decide which clinic to go to Bettybleu? I'm in a very similar situation - I am in the UK and I have only one shot at this (as I've promised a worried DH) so the US seems the best option in terms of success rates. Torn between California and a nightmare flight with 2 young boys and NY but with less reviews or so it seems.

Bettybleu
January 2nd, 2016, 05:17 AM
Did you decide which clinic to go to Bettybleu? I'm in a very similar situation - I am in the UK and I have only one shot at this (as I've promised a worried DH) so the US seems the best option in terms of success rates. Torn between California and a nightmare flight with 2 young boys and NY but with less reviews or so it seems.

Hi MrsE
My thread is in the completed cycle international clinics if you want to take a look.
I decided upon Czech Republic in the end. It's not for everyone as there are certain restrictions there but it worked for me and I'm happy to say I'm 11 weeks pregnant after my first attempt. One downside is having to get the 'right' doctor who will confirm gender of embryos before transfer, there have been instances of people not being told so there is a risk here which is such a shame as other than that I found it the perfect choice for is. We never could have handled a trip to the US with our boys and I could not have left them for that long so this worked for us.
I wish you luck in your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsE
January 4th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Thanks Bettybleu and congratulations that's amazing news. You must be thrilled. The uncertainty of finding the right doctor does make me nervous - ideally I would want to get pregnant in August (I have a medical condition which makes late pregnancy in winter more dangerous) and I'm worried that the situation in the CR could get worse by then. How did you find the 'right' doctor? I'll have a look for your thread but I'm very new to this site so I've not yet got to grips with locating what I need!

squigglepink
April 7th, 2016, 09:37 AM

Hi MrsE

Im also in UK currently looking around and only just begun.. Ive looked at clinics all over the world, including South Africa and im starting to wonder if US is the best option - if i manage to convince my DH this is our way forward, then i know we will only have ONE single shot at this.. Much cheaper and quick flights to go Europe.. but i need to see better results.

MrsE
April 8th, 2016, 02:27 AM
That's exactly the reason I've chosen to go to the US squigglepink. I'm booked into HRC for ER next month - eek! I wanted to go to New York if possible but Dr Tortoriello couldn't fit me in for a 1st consult for 2 months. Plus I figured that, given Dr Potter is the expert at gender selection and we're only giving this 1 shot, California isn't that much further for a couple of trips! Good luck with your decision - it's not an easy one x

Flynn's Mummy
April 8th, 2016, 04:21 AM
I am also in the UK and trying to make a clinic choice. I feel as though because of the better results HRC would be as good choice with a 2 week family holiday to LA. My husband has also said one shot only. I'm struggling to find any info on the CZ clinic, can anyone share? x

Flynn's Mummy
April 8th, 2016, 04:22 AM
MrsE are you going for the full two weeks? I agree it seems sensible to go with the best if he gets the best results!!!

MrsE
April 8th, 2016, 04:37 AM
I'm going for 1 week for ER in May then, if there's a little girl to transfer, I'll go back for another few days later in the year x

Flynn's Mummy
April 10th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Ah ok, so I'm guessing that you can go alone on your return? That makes sense :-) x

Maureen
August 30th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Hi, I'm also trying to choose which clinic to go to. I had decided on Genesis ins Cyprus but have read the results arnt that good. I only have one shot at this both financially and the fact I'm using an egg donor (my lovely friend has offered) she can only do this once. I can't afford to go to the us but it seems to be the better choice. Does anyone know how much better the odds are in the us compared with Cyprus? Maybe worth trying harder to find the extra money. Good luck ladies

Babygirlquest
August 31st, 2016, 12:57 PM