PDA

View Full Version : Mom team green after 12 boys.

Adia
May 8th, 2015, 07:55 AM
My vote is another boy. If she is doing what she's done all along the result is probably going to be the same. Hope I am wrong!
Boy or girl? Family with 12 sons finds out soon about No. 13 - Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-family-12-sons-finds-soon-no-182345007.html)

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 8th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Ya im with you - unless she's here on GD somehwere! Haha do we have any with 12 boys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essnce629
May 8th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Another vote for boy unless she's on here and changed her lifestyle drastically!

Dana-Alicia
May 8th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I really am amazed by how she is dealing with being a mother of this many kids. Motherhood rewarding? Lol I have my moments where I would strongly disagree and I only have two! So big respect for this mama and I hope she get's her girl. But am also thinking boy now and I bet that little fellow will fit right in <3

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Well, most people if they kept trying, would eventually get an opposite - just look at these people with 14 kids but only one girl.

The Arndt Family (http://famteam.com/meet-the-family/)

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Ya im with you - unless she's here on GD somehwere! Haha do we have any with 12 boys?

I think most of the time people make peace with their GD when it gets to this level. I know a woman who got a girl without swaying after 8 boys who has been on here in the past (her name/avatar has something to do with Snow White) and also a woman who got 2 boys after 8 girls without swaying.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 9th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Ya sooner or later something's gotta give...

Adia
May 14th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Its boy #13!!
https://gma.yahoo.com/jay-kateri-schwandt-couple-12-sons-welcomes-13th-005351225--abc-news-parenting.html

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 14th, 2015, 11:01 AM
I know its insane!

XXforhubby
May 14th, 2015, 01:32 PM
I can't get past 13 kids [emoji51]!! I can't imagine giving birth and raising 13 kids!!! I admire large families but 13?!

Adia
May 14th, 2015, 01:54 PM
I agree, I love raising kids, having babies, etc but their comes a point where I just can't keep up with the needs of that many people.

Rosie85
May 14th, 2015, 03:13 PM
It's too many kids in my opinion. No money for anything and travel is soo difficult. I am worried how it will be with 4!! I can't imagine 13. Def not for me. I started off wanting 6...i am becoming more okay with getting only 4. We do plan to adopt in the future as well. I also would feel sooo jipped if.out of 13 kids not a single one was a girl! Yikes.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 14th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Or maybe atomic is right and if you have that many you must just be at peace with it.
I'm stopping at 5 which is 3 in our household full time. I would like to think we'd go for 6, being 4 in our house (bc threes a crown right?) but likely were done.

mommymachine
May 14th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I don't feel it is a fair thing to say that someone has too many children. I have had people say that to me and it hurts a lot. Obviously that is what her and her husband want to do with their life. I bet everyone of those children is fiercely loved.

Rosie85
May 14th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I didnt say it was too many for her...just for me. Way too many for me. I think big families are awesome...the 10 plus kids kind but i could never ever do it.

mommymachine
May 14th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Sorry I misunderstood!!! I'm sure I'm a tad sensitive on the issue :)

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 14th, 2015, 09:37 PM
How many do you have mommymachine?

mommymachine
May 14th, 2015, 10:11 PM
"Just" 5!!! Trying for 6 soon.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 14th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Awesome :) I have a second family, where one is all grown and the other goes back and forth so I feel like even though I'm working on number 5 of mine - it feels only like #3 lol still have a few more seats to fill in the Durango lol!!

Rosie85
May 15th, 2015, 01:25 AM
Its okay mommymachine...i should have worded it better!! Don't be sensitive. ..be proud! ! I always wanted 6 myself. 6 i could handle if i tried....13...nope! Haha. I have complete respect for those extra large families though and i love watching them on tv...bates...duggars...willis clan. Their dynamic is amazing to me. I could just personally never do it!

Adia
May 17th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I would have had 10 kids if life & DH would have let me but big roadblocks like infertility, divorce, job loss, etc kept getting in my way.

I grew up in a large family and relate well to the older Duggar girls as I was the second mama to my siblings....I am glad I was able to help raise them but I had no idea how to just take care of me when I went off to college.

Their are pros and cons to all of it. If I could raise 10 kids according to my standard of raising kids, I would, but it's just not possible. :sad:

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 18th, 2015, 12:10 AM
My husband just said "if we have another, does that mean we're stopping there? Bc if you want to that's fine, but if you did want more that's fine too" JACKPOT! Lol I love this man.

Adia
May 18th, 2015, 09:41 AM
My husband just said "if we have another, does that mean we're stopping there? Bc if you want to that's fine, but if you did want more that's fine too" JACKPOT! Lol I love this man.

LUCKY DUCK Hitmebabyonemoretime!...I have tried teasing DH about one more baby and he has started saying to me "you'll have to have your next kid with someone else because I am DONE!"

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 18th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Hahahahahha!!! Well, who knows, maybe he'll change his tune [emoji23][emoji23]

Mumof3girls
May 23rd, 2015, 09:14 AM
LUCKY DUCK Hitmebabyonemoretime!...I have tried teasing DH about one more baby and he has started saying to me "you'll have to have your next kid with someone else because I am DONE!"

My DH used to say that to me after dd2 & I manged to talk him into a failed sway & finally talked him into 2 HT Cycles after we agreed on one cycle.

twointow83
June 19th, 2015, 07:14 PM
This is a somewhat old thread but I find it funny... not so much "haha" funny, more ironic. I can kinda sympathize with the comments this family must get and we only have 2 living children! Growing up I had a great aunt I never met and a neighbor down the road, one with a dozen boys and one with a baker's dozen. Both kept trying for a girl and that is how they ended up with so many. When we told my grandma (dad's side) that we were going to be trying... she wasn't supportive TBH. She kept saying that if we didn't get our girl we were just going to keep trying like they did. After we lost our angel girl she asked if we were going to try again and I told her that, pending test results, yes we planned to try again. She was like "And if it's a boy are you going to try again?" I love her to death but I gotta admit the comments are irritating the fire outta me.

Anyway, if as a PP said life allowed (and finances), I would love to have 5 living children. Hubby and I talked kids long before we were even engaged and we both agreed that 5 would be a good number, but we also agreed that financially 3 was probably smarter. Actually hubby wants "a baseball team" lol, but no. No thanks lol. The two I have drive me nuts at times lol. I couldn't imagine THAT many kids.. I'd lose my mind lol. The plan is to stop after one more but honestly a part of me isn't sure I am ready to close and lock that door, regardless of whether we get boy or a girl. BUT when I dreamed of having 3 I said I wanted 2 boys and a girl. I actually wanted boy, girl, boy(to avoid the middle child syndrome thing. The boys would be the oldest and the baby of the family and the girl would be one of a kind :D )... but whatever, lol. I have the two boys... just need the girl now.

kitkat18
June 20th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Hi twointwo, that was my dream family too! B, G, B. The comments are awful arn't they and so hurtful. Even though I got DG I still get stupid comments like I bet you are so happy you got a girl and now you can stop having kids as you got your girl which makes me feel like my boys are not as cherished. Arrrggghh!!! X

fiveboys
June 20th, 2015, 03:03 AM
I have 5 boys and everyone always gasps when I say 5. n then when they hear theyr all boys I get the comments..oo you poor thing..how do u cope with being the only female...ooo n I love this one ( its a pity cause ur such a girly girl I bet u would have loved a girl but you obviously gonna stop now after 5) but like alot of women on here my older two have moved out so its only 3 and now theyr all in school..I do find holidays stressfull but i see families with two kids being more stressed out. me n my hubby both work and the boys get everything they need so i dont see the problem.apart from all the washing :( our 6th baby will be our last though.. well maybe lol xxx

twointow83
June 20th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Hi twointwo, that was my dream family too! B, G, B. The comments are awful arn't they and so hurtful. Even though I got DG I still get stupid comments like I bet you are so happy you got a girl and now you can stop having kids as you got your girl which makes me feel like my boys are not as cherished. Arrrggghh!!! X

That is awful! I am sorry to hear that! How many do you have? In my case, yes I've been preg 4 times and going #5, BUT I only have 2 livng children so I just don't get the fuss... esp from my grandma! She had 4! *shrug* All I can figure is it's because of my the 2 women I mentioned before and several ppl in my family tends to have big families in general. Either way I don't get it. In my book 3 kids isn't a big family, and the way I see it- I don't care if you want to be the next duggar family. If that is what you want and you can afford it then go for it! Ya know? I just don't understand how or why people seem to think they have a say in the number of kids you have. They aren't the one raising them or footing the bill so it's really no ones business. Sorry, kinda got off on a rant there lol.

twointow83
June 20th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I have 5 boys and everyone always gasps when I say 5. n then when they hear theyr all boys I get the comments..oo you poor thing..how do u cope with being the only female...ooo n I love this one ( its a pity cause ur such a girly girl I bet u would have loved a girl but you obviously gonna stop now after 5) but like alot of women on here my older two have moved out so its only 3 and now theyr all in school..I do find holidays stressfull but i see families with two kids being more stressed out. me n my hubby both work and the boys get everything they need so i dont see the problem.apart from all the washing :( our 6th baby will be our last though.. well maybe lol xxx

Lol, loving the "well maybe" hahahaha. You must be a very calm person to not say anything back. No one has had the sac to come out and actually say that I "must be done" yet. So far I still get "so are you planning to have any more?" some are sincere, those are usually the ones in my inner circle which have been asking in regards to my recent loss and they are mostly cheering me on, but most have this look on there face when they say it that I can't quite explain... almost like they know what they want to hear and want to see if I "answer right", lol. The rest just assume because my youngest is 5 that we are done (I'm guessing. They don't ask so I figure that is what they think). Did I plan for my youngest to be 5 and starting over? Not really, I think it actually worked out well, but no it wasn't planned. I just always said I didn't want two in diapers at the same time (barring twins) and my boys are high functioning autistic and both didn't potty train until around 4 and a half. Anyway, people and their opinions can be so annoying sometimes.

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2015, 01:11 PM
:agree: I have 5 but my first two are older and don't live at home any more, so when I go out and about with the three littles everyone is all sweet and compliments me on my 3 gorgeous children and I'm like "actually I have five" and they give me this look like "you are worse than Hitler!" :/

Bettybleu
June 21st, 2015, 01:31 PM
:agree: I have 5 but my first two are older and don't live at home any more, so when I go out and about with the three littles everyone is all sweet and compliments me on my 3 gorgeous children and I'm like "actually I have five" and they give me this look like "you are worse than Hitler!" :/

I always get this too, I have five boys but often I'll be out without the eldest and maybe I'll just have the baby with me whilst the others are at school.... I love watching people's faces when I say 'no he's not my only one.... I have four older boys!!' I really don't understand the issue with having more than 2/3 kids, people look at you like you are mad!! As pp said it's our choice no one else pays the bills!!

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2015, 02:04 PM
:agree: totally and a TON of people in DH and my family didn't even have kids so even with our five, our family is disappearing!!! People have no idea what is happening from the outside looking in.