PDA

View Full Version : Surprise BFP on mothersday without swaying

Dana-Alicia
May 10th, 2015, 04:52 AM
What a surprise on mothersday! Not sure if I want to laugh or cry, maybe both. This baby was not planned and is honestly quite impossible, I do not know how he (sure it's a boy) managed to do this lol. But I guess he really wanted to be with us, so we will welcome him with open arms. Just feel really guilty to DH, because I convinced him it was 100% safe to have sex without a condom. Once. Just because I wanted to feel him without a condom for once. On what I thought was the last day of my cycle. I mean, seriously?? This one's going to be a little feisty one! :HH:

And my boys brought me breakfast in bed this morning, the most horrible pancake I ever tasted lol :giggle::awe: and my eldest son asked me: are we the nicest boys in the world? And I said: YESSS you two are the BEST boys in the universe! Despite all our challenges, I am feeling grateful today. And scared shitless.

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Ohhhhh my goodness Happy Mommy's Day! Congrats!!! How fun and wonderful! How old are your boys? :)

:running:

How exciting! Happy & Healthy 9 Months! :pregnant:

Dana-Alicia
May 10th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Thanks hun, so kind of you to be happy for me in this difficult time :kissy: My boys are 6,5 and almost 3 and my youngest has been asking for a baby for awhile now lol, so I guess he will get his wish. His birthday is tomorrow! But I'm not ready to tell anyone yet. I first need to know if baby is healthy and maybe find out the gender first, if I'm not showing yet. But I probably will show soon, I feel my uterus pulling and growing, working hard in there! :HH:

Little Lunasa
May 10th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Congrats! A lot of ooopsie babes turn out to be girls ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Thanks hun, so kind of you to be happy for me in this difficult time :kissy: My boys are 6,5 and almost 3 and my youngest has been asking for a baby for awhile now lol, so I guess he will get his wish. His birthday is tomorrow! But I'm not ready to tell anyone yet. I first need to know if baby is healthy and maybe find out the gender first, if I'm not showing yet. But I probably will show soon, I feel my uterus pulling and growing, working hard in there! :HH:

Of course sweetie! I'm sad but I'm not bitter! It's nobody's fault, and besides that, being bitter won't help me conceive again! lol I have faith it will be back and soon!!! :HH:

That's so fun! My oldest boy will be 7 in July and my youngest boy is 5. :) I can't wait for updates! Get a ticker! :awe:

Dana-Alicia
May 10th, 2015, 06:19 AM
I'm sure you will sweety!! FX for you!

I'll get a ticket after I get another positive test. Cause I still can't believe it! Going to the pharmacy today to get folate, cause I haven't been on that and my first baby had neurale tube defects, so am a bit worried about baby's health. And need my fraxi shots asap. Why do I test positive on a sunday uurgh! I need my OB GYN now lol.

XXforhubby
May 10th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Congrats! A lot of ooopsie babes turn out to be girls ;)

When I read your post, the first thought that came to mind was this oopsie baby is a girl!
Regardless though, what an amazing roller coaster! This baby worked really hard to get here! I'm so happy for you! I wish a healthy 9 months for you and baby!

Dana-Alicia
May 10th, 2015, 08:01 AM
That would be lovely XX, am just scared to hope and dream about a girl. And I did a lot of boyfriendly things, the 'worst' being probiotics, vit. D, extra iron and extra multivitamins for both me and DH. But we had also started smoking a few weeks ago (we had a lot of stress about finances due to us buying a house) and then quit last week as it's a disgusting habbit and we didn't want to ruin our health even more (and we got the house so no reason to polute our lungs anymore!). I did jump & dump. But then had not 1, not 2 but 3 (THREEEE) orgasms after hahaha sorry TMI so embarrassing! I'm couch potatoe though and am a vegetarian. Oh and I have heyfever so I take cetirizine for that, am on antidepressants and arcoxia, which claims to make getting pregnant harder. So that worked well ;) So I'm guessing it's 60/40 for boy/girl. My first oopsiebaby was a girl, but did everything so pinkfriendly then. Oh well time will tell... Is it august yet?? lol

coralsky
May 10th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Wow Dana, so happy for you!! I am praying for a pink one for you!! I think you forgot the biggest sway factor which was not on purpose- 1 attempt with J&D!!! Def. a good chance of pink I think, fx fx fx and huge congrats my dear xxxx
PS. your boys sound soooo sweet xx

XXforhubby
May 10th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I think it's great you're expecting a boy! I am too. Get a cute boy name that you're excited about and that will help too. I'll hope and pray for a surprise girl baby for you then [emoji6]!

Dana-Alicia
May 10th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Oh you made me tear up! I do hope so, but already feel guilty if bub is a boy :sad::pray: You girls are the best! :heart:

True Blue
May 10th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Delighted for you Dana fantastic news :) sometimes while we are busy praying for someone, someone is busy praying to come to us ;) this little one is meant to be and chose you :HH:

Congratulations :)

Dana-Alicia
May 10th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Thanks so much sweety! Hope you'll join me soon :bluecheer:

foxymrsg
May 10th, 2015, 09:20 AM
This is such wonderful news I am so happy for you! Happy Mother's Day what a beautiful surprise. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months and am hoping you get a lovely pink surprise! Congrats x

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2015, 10:45 AM
AAAAA OMG Dana! So excited for you and sending you tons of pink dust!

covered in blue
May 10th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully I can join you very soon.

Dana-Alicia
May 10th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks and I hope so too covered in blue! FX for you!

Such a weird day, visiting my parents for mothers day and having all my sisters there. And I had the slightest urge to tell them, but then figured they would all get worried and cry (for my and baby's health) and all and just ugh, not ready for their emotions yet. Don't have a lot of backache yet, even though I stopped my NSAID's. Do have a lot of itching and couching from having to stop my cetrizine pills. And am dizzy, very dizzy. Sore nipples, slight nausea, lightheaded and cranky. So yip, def pregnant! DH says he thinks it's a girl, but not sure if he's only saying that to make me feel better. Really hope he's right though! Two of my closest friends are pregnant. One with a confirmed girl after 3 boys and one with unknown gender after a girl. Would be so lovely if we all had girls this time, eeek! Really hope I'm not the only one with another boy. So if I do have a boy, hope my other friend also has a boy lol.

Mulberry Smurf
May 10th, 2015, 05:18 PM
congratulations!!!! Wonderful news :) our surprise BFP that had a 75%+ chance of not existing is very feisty indeed haha xx

Kittybear
May 10th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Congratulations Hun :) it certainly sounds like this little one wanted to exist (and your DH must have super sperm! Lol ;) ) I wish you a very happy & healthy 9 months xx

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 10th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I LOVE this!!! I agree about the ooopsy pinks!!!

mommymachine
May 10th, 2015, 11:23 PM
I know how hard it can be to take in a surprise pregnancy! My youngest was a surprise...and a pink one!!! I am so excited to witness this journey of yours! Pink dust!!!

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 02:47 AM
I don't get it, I took another pregnancy test and it's only showing one stripe. Could the one I took yesterday be a false positive? Or maybe a miscarriage? Since I'm 2 weeks late and the second stripe only showed up yesterday? I still feel very pregnant. I phoned my gp to discuss meds and folate and will also have my blood drawn. Ugh in limbo again!!

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Oh and btw, last night I was telling DH about how I thought this pregnancy was meant to be. He looked at me funny, as he is a very rational person and said: 'no, it's more like Murphy's law. What can go wrong, will go wrong. or better yet: what can happen, will happen'. So the nickname for this little one is Murphy :HH: Let's hope all is well with Murph!

Junie
May 11th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Was it a test with first morning urine? It's possible you had a faulty test yesterday but I also don't think you are two weeks late. You had to ovulate after you had sex on CD20 which would mean you are at the most at 13 DPO but could be only at 10DPO since you really don't know when you ovulated. I hope everything works out!

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Yes, I am probably only 10DPO now. Will hopefully get the blood testresults today, but prob only tomorrow aaah!

Junie
May 11th, 2015, 03:44 AM
The waiting is so hard!!!

Butterfly Spirit
May 11th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Oh goodness no! I hope that your beta looks good! :/ It's all a stressful waiting game. :(

Butterfly Spirit
May 11th, 2015, 04:15 AM
I'm sure you will sweety!! FX for you!

I'll get a ticket after I get another positive test. Cause I still can't believe it! Going to the pharmacy today to get folate, cause I haven't been on that and my first baby had neurale tube defects, so am a bit worried about baby's health. And need my fraxi shots asap. Why do I test positive on a sunday uurgh! I need my OB GYN now lol.

Thank you! I'm excited to get a little bean back in there and growing strong this time. What is a fraxi shot?? It's Monday today! I can't wait for an update from you! :)

True Blue
May 11th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Good Luck Dana x

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 06:17 AM
I'm on my way to the hospital, doctor worries I may have had a stroke. The pregnancytest at the doctor was very faint but positive, but very worried now about neurological problems :worry: Really hope it's just a migraine without the actual headache. Having bloodtests done today and tomorrow they will do ecg and scans.

Jany1025
May 11th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Oh my goodness Dana why do they think you had a stroke?? are you having one sided weakness, slurred speech??

I hope everything is fine.

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 06:31 AM
I've been having blind spots in my vision. They're gone now mostly, but because of my thrombosis and lung embolisms in the past they want to make sure it's not caused by a stroke. I have been having mild neurological problems because of my B12 anemea, so I lose my balance quickly, have minor tremors and have very mild aphasia.

Jany1025
May 11th, 2015, 06:35 AM
That is scary. Are you on any anti coagulant therapy now?

Congrats on your BFP. Please keep us updated!

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 06:57 AM
No not yet, I will discuss that with the OB GYN tomorrow. Or maybe I still have some fraxi left over from my last pregnancy and ask my gp if I should start taking them now. But maybe they first want to do all the testing to make sure?

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 06:58 AM
I really do think it's just a migraine though, becaue I've been using heavy painkillers (arcoxia) which prevents me from feeling most pain anyway. So it could easily be migraine spots. Stopped all of my meds now after discussing all of them with my gp.

coralsky
May 11th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Oh no Dana I am so sorry to read this! I hope all is ok!! Sending huge (((hugs))) to you, please update us when you can xxxxxx

Pink dreams
May 11th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Truly hope all works out! Sending you prayers...

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 11th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I'm also thinking of you and sending prayers

XXforhubby
May 11th, 2015, 08:49 AM
I hope everything is ok! I'm praying for you!

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks lovies, will be at the hospital all day tomorrow and am not sure about time difference, but will update as soon as I can.

Rosie85
May 11th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Hope everything is okay! I get blind spots in my vision too and other neuro symptoms...they are a form of migraine for me and hoping that is all they are for you too! Congrats on the pregnancy!

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I am glad they are taking it seriously though. :agree: I felt like the first doc did not treat it with proper level of importance.

With my 3rd, I had migraines with aura for over a week every day in early pregnancy so I know it is possible but it is just so much better to get checked for everyone's peace of mind.

luckyfourleafclover
May 11th, 2015, 10:43 AM
any update? - what a dramatic time you are having - hope you are ok?

hugs

Rosie85
May 11th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Atomic i have had auroa migraines probably 20 times already this pregnancy...it is nuts. I hate them. They do have correlation with a raised risk of stroke in women who get them. Scary stuff.

Dana-Alicia
May 11th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Yes I'm fine now, just still seeing the aura's. Like a white line around everything and when I look away I continue seeing white lines. Just loads of white lines all together, it's irritating. I wonder about Murph and all the testing done tomorrow, sure they will be careful.

Thanks for pointing it out to me AS! I never would've gone see the doctor for this, but I'm a mother and I need to be here for my kids for a long time. Even if nothing's up, it still gives me a safer feeling to know I'm closely monitored because of my medical history. Thanks for that! :bighug:

Butterfly Spirit
May 11th, 2015, 07:29 PM
I'm on my way to the hospital, doctor worries I may have had a stroke. The pregnancytest at the doctor was very faint but positive, but very worried now about neurological problems :worry: Really hope it's just a migraine without the actual headache. Having bloodtests done today and tomorrow they will do ecg and scans.

Oh my gosh that does sound scary! I hope everything goes well and you get all the answers you need, and that your little bean stays snug in there! :HH:

maidentomother
May 11th, 2015, 07:52 PM
First, congratulations and massive hugs! No matter what, you are blessed to have another child on the way. Second, as PPs have mentioned, oops babies are more often girls. Third, it sounds like you actually had several pink sway factors, and I absolutely wouldn't worry about those orgasms! Especially if you haven't had unprotected sex in a while, as all that time NOT being exposed to semen and all the blue friendly components in it will sway pink for sure.

I'm praying with everything I have that this is another daughter and you have a smooth, uneventful pregnancy & birth. You certainly deserve it. Much love to you hun.

I had a whole week of daily migraines (with aura, including flashing lights, blurry vision, blind spots at various points) on the OrthoEvra birth control patch, culminating in a mini stroke. Very scary but no actual damage. I hope your outcome is similarly benign. Re: Arcoxia, are you on it for Rheumatism? I've tried all the COX-II inhibitors for my Rheumatoid Arthritis and other than Vioxx (sadly no longer available, it was a miracle drug), I find Celebrex by far the most effective with the fewest side effects. All the rest including Arcoxia were much less effective and intolerable for me. Have you only tried Arcoxia? German drs seem to pushit I've found.

hopper
May 12th, 2015, 10:45 AM
OMG I haven't been online in a couple days and this was the first thing I see. Dana huge congrats on your little bundle - this little one was meant to be!! And as the others have said a great many oops babies are pink, I am hoping and praying that little Murphy is ok in there. And you too. How are you today? Sending all my positive vibes your way xxx

Dana-Alicia
May 12th, 2015, 02:30 PM
My little Murphy is no longer with me :tissue: Before they did all the testing today, they did a bloodtest to see how much hcg I had in my blood.
I did another urine test this morning and it was negative again and I didn't feel dizzy anymore, so I already knew the embryo probably didn't implant properly. The hcg in my blood was very very low, almost non-existant, the doc said it would not be viable. Maybe those 2 bfp's were faulty tests?? It feels like such a rollercoaster, from being in limbo for weeks to a faint bfp to nothing. Again. I must wait now and see when AF shows, still no signs of that. The other testing were all fine I think, no signs of a stroke. They just want me to come back again tomorrow for an MRI. I was for 11 hours today at the hospital, 11 hours! For scan of my neck arteries, ecg, ct-scan. And then waiting for results for ages, answering tons of the same questions done by numerous doctors. Only to get told to come back again :sigh: So tired. And sad. Even though it was an oopsie, I started dreaming of our live with little Murph :HH:

XXforhubby
May 12th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Oh Dana, I'm so incredibly sorry [emoji22]! My heart aches for you and your family. I'm sending you lots of strength and healing. I'll be praying for you.

Pink dreams
May 12th, 2015, 02:44 PM
So sorry to read this. :( hugs to you...

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 12th, 2015, 02:59 PM
So sorry :(

Dana-Alicia
May 12th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Thanks girls, I'm sure I'll feel better soon. DH and I discussed the whole baby thing and we really want to work on our health in a pink way. So as soon as I'm physically really, we will go make our little girl. If that doesn't motivate me, what will?! :D

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 12th, 2015, 05:11 PM
So positive :) I wish you all the best!

Junie
May 12th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you get answers and it sounds like you have a great plan for the future.

True Blue
May 12th, 2015, 06:32 PM
So very sorry Dana :sadflwr: sending you lots of love and strength and tons of super pink ballerina dust For your future sway xx

Rosie85
May 12th, 2015, 09:01 PM
So sorry Dana. Hope to hear you are pregnant again real soon! Glad to hear the other testing is going well too.

Dana-Alicia
May 13th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Had the MRI today and the neurologist phoned me a few hours to tell me everything looked normal. They're still not sure what caused it, but they just wanted to make sure nothing creepy was going on. I asked my GP (who also phoned to ask how I was doing) about the hcg levels and what the reason could be I still haven't had AF. She wants to do another test nxt week, as she still thinks a pregnancy is a possibility. I don't though, I feel normal again, no dizzyness or fatigue.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Atomic i have had auroa migraines probably 20 times already this pregnancy...it is nuts. I hate them. They do have correlation with a raised risk of stroke in women who get them. Scary stuff.

Yeah I know I also hate them SO SO much. :/

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Oh gosh so sorry to read this...thinking of you Dana.

Jany1025
May 13th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Had the MRI today and the neurologist phoned me a few hours to tell me everything looked normal. They're still not sure what caused it, but they just wanted to make sure nothing creepy was going on. I asked my GP (who also phoned to ask how I was doing) about the hcg levels and what the reason could be I still haven't had AF. She wants to do another test nxt week, as she still thinks a pregnancy is a possibility. I don't though, I feel normal again, no dizzyness or fatigue.

Glad everything is "normal". So are you in Limbo now with pregnancy?

Dana-Alicia
May 13th, 2015, 05:20 PM
No not in limbo really, I feel like it's over. I do have a teeny little bit of hope, maybe I had an even later ovulation and they can't test it in my blood yet. But to be honest, the oopsie was 2 weeks ago. Something should've shown in my blood now? There was something, hence the faint bfp, but it just didn't stick.

hopper
May 15th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Oh I am sorry Dana, hope you are ok! Thinking of you x

Butterfly Spirit
May 15th, 2015, 05:56 AM
I'm so sorry sweet lady! :broken: Don't lose the faith though, I know you'll conceive again! :HH:

Dana-Alicia
May 15th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Thanks lovies, I'm sure we will. FX for a healthy sticky pink (or blue) bean for all of us!

luckyfourleafclover
May 15th, 2015, 03:23 PM
SO sorry - you really have been on a crazy horrid roller coaster - I hope you are being well looked after. Have a relaxing weekend. hugs

maidentomother
May 15th, 2015, 03:50 PM
I really hope you're still pregnant and it's viable. I'm not giving up hope for you until AF comes. So glad the MRI results were positive. It seems likely the migraines were just hormonal not a sign of something wrong.

Dana-Alicia
May 15th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks girls. I took another test this morning and it was a BFN again. Day 37 of cycle, going to see my gp again next week to find out what's going on. Am so very tired of everything and the move is coming up. We'll be getting the keys in 2 weeks. Bad timing ey! But then again, at least I don't have time to overthink everything and feel sorry for myself ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I'm glad you're getting seen again, in the meantime I would go everywhere armed with menstrual supplies because I think AF will show any minute now and it may be a very heavy one.

I am really glad you're ok and sorry for the loss.

Dana-Alicia
May 15th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Yeah I'm ready for AF and have a feeling it's going to be a LOT. So am avoiding any white pants of skirts right now, eek!

Dana-Alicia
May 20th, 2015, 02:12 AM
AF is here! It's a LOT! And the funny thing is, it's exactly been 42 days. Like I skipped one cycle? As my regular cycles are 21 days. I'm so very relieved everything is still working down there! :cheerteam: We will be TTC in september, so Atomic, I'm getting a plan from you asap. Just waiting for the keys to our new house first, as the move is a huge expense. But am very excited about it!!

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
I'm so glad that it's taking its course and yes that is funny how it was exactly the length of two cycles. Thinking of you!

Dana-Alicia
May 20th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Thanks hun! Had a really sore uterus today, intense cramping and just overall feeling of moodyness. But happy to know everything is working well and my body is taking care of this very early chemical pregnancy itself. I've had two more chemicals and my body always took care of it by itself, so that's good :)

maidentomother
May 21st, 2015, 05:34 PM
Hugs to yo, I'm so sorry it didn't work out but I really admire your attitude andfaith in your body.

Its very strange, I am on CD3 after a 43 day long cycle (my longest cycle and latest O EVER since I got AF at 13). I think in part bc my body tries to O around the full moon. I wonder if you are like that too...

Dana-Alicia
May 21st, 2015, 05:37 PM
Hmm that's possible! I also think my body is trying to get in sync with my friends, we all seem to be getting similar cycles. When I was still living with my parents, my mom, 3 sisters and I would always get our periods at the same time. Very interesting stuff! So I'll keep track of the moon and my cycles from now on, would be interesting to see what's going on. Hope this is your month!!! :ttcgirl:

maidentomother
May 21st, 2015, 05:48 PM
Well it won't be my month as I'm on break but I hope it is yours, especially considering the pink sway effect of a CP.

I ALWAYS sync to other women if I live or spend much time with them. They never sync to me. I even synced to my cat when she went into heat. I must be super sensitive to pheromones or have weak ones myself. Do you have a very good sense of smell but almost no personal scent?

Dana-Alicia
May 22nd, 2015, 03:23 AM
Oh when are you going to ttc again? I'm going to start in september, I need a good sway first!

I don't know if I have little scent? I don't think I have an exceptional smell sense myself. My sister always says I smell like my mother, but I can only pick out my husband and kids with smell. Probably my parents and sisters too, but never really sniffed them ;) However when I'm pregnant I smell everything! I threw up so often because I could smell the sewer as I was walking down the street constantly ugh. I have horrible heyfever, so usually have a bit of a cold, so don't smell much now.

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2015, 10:28 AM
It isn't something that you can detect by smell, at least not on a conscious level.

Dana-Alicia
May 22nd, 2015, 11:44 AM
It isn't something that you can detect by smell, at least not on a conscious level.

Luckily not! ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2015, 01:36 PM
Haha for some reason that just tickled my funny bone! :)