PDA

View Full Version : August Chit Chat for all of us expecting Spring Blessings!

DoulaMama
August 12th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Seeing as there aren't too many of us...I thought we could do a combined chit chat every month, along with our due dates clubs:)

I love hearing about the ladies due ahead of me:) Makes me excited for my turn!

Anyway,

I'm DM.....due with #4 in mid April. Kinda swayed...not really though as this was a total oops! Oh well.
How is everyone feeling??

xo

begonia
August 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Oh fun idea DM! Love it! Our March thread moves slowly; I think putting us all on one thread is a great idea to increase the prego chit-chat. Plus I would put good money on me having this baby in February anyhow, not March.

When is your 1st appointment?

Will be back more to chat but have to go feed my kids breakfast. Needy little things aren't they?!? :bigsmile:

DoulaMama
August 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM
HI B:) I am totally loving that we are due so close to each other(I know 6w is a long time in preggo land but in the whole scheme of things...not really). Oh and if you go for a Feb baby.....Either the 25th..my bday;) or a leap year baby! How cool would that be!!!

About my first appt.....I'm not sure, really. Unless there is a medical issue I won't be seeing a Dr. at all. I will go in once and get 2 lab req.'s for a blood test to check for Iron, Vit. D and a few other things. I'll most likely have that done at 14wks and 37wks. I may even ask the Dr. for an u/s req, to keep on hand, just in case I feel the need to have one later in my pregnancy. I had one with DS2 and none with DS3 so chances are I won't need one this time around. Other than the one visit to get that paperwork...I hope I never have to see a Dr. (or MW) until the baby visit about 5 days after the birth:)
I'm going au naturale with this baby..... :)

begonia
August 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Wow, DM you go girl! I remembered reading you didn't have the u/s with DS3 and was wondering if you'd do the same this time around. The most "natural" thing I'll do is try to go epidural-free this time. I really, really think I can do it and would love to have my last baby like a superwoman :superhero:

I would love a Feb birthday but I don't want a leap year baby! I don't know why LOL but it doesn't appeal to me ... and with the way things work that is probably when the little bug will decide to come :wink:

I'm just scared I'm going to have a monster baby this time ... DD2 was 9lbs 2 oz and pushing her out was a LOT of work, LOL. I don't know how some women have these 10lb+ babies and I sure hope I'm not one of them :worry: How big have your boys been? Did they get progressively bigger? I'm just keeping FX this one will be under 9!

DoulaMama
August 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Wow, DM you go girl! I remembered reading you didn't have the u/s with DS3 and was wondering if you'd do the same this time around. The most "natural" thing I'll do is try to go epidural-free this time. I really, really think I can do it and would love to have my last baby like a superwoman :superhero:

I would love a Feb birthday but I don't want a leap year baby! I don't know why LOL but it doesn't appeal to me ... and with the way things work that is probably when the little bug will decide to come :wink:

I'm just scared I'm going to have a monster baby this time ... DD2 was 9lbs 2 oz and pushing her out was a LOT of work, LOL. I don't know how some women have these 10lb+ babies and I sure hope I'm not one of them :worry: How big have your boys been? Did they get progressively bigger? I'm just keeping FX this one will be under 9!

:rofl: about the superwoman comment....I did feel amazing after all my births:) I don't ever tell a woman how she should have a baby....but after having had 3 drug-free births, I feel that for myself there is nothing that matches the feelings of empowerment and self confidence, than that of my births. You just have to remind yourself that you were designed to do it:) I believe in you. As do thousands of your ancestors;) :HH:

and about big babies...unless there is a medical issue....I believe that almost all women make babies as big as their bodies can push out. My boys were 7lbs7oz, 8lbs7oz and 8lbs6oz. Nature, for the most part, is too darn smart to make babies that are too large to get out. Intervention for a "large" baby is usually never needed. Position of mom while in labour and pushing(NOT on your back!!) and no intervention(no induction and no epi) are the most important things when it comes to birthing a large baby, IMO.

begonia
August 12th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Position of mom while in labour and pushing(NOT on your back!!) and no intervention(no induction and no epi) are the most important things when it comes to birthing a large baby, IMO.

Good to know!!! I was on my back and had an epi, but I made it to 8cm w/o it so was really close. We had no idea she was so big and pushing her out was HARD. So how would you recommend positioning to push out a big one?

On the drugs, I am sure I can do it without the epidural and I'm a very, very competitive person so I'm just going to remind myself of all the women who have done it drug free, and that I am just as strong (probably stronger :wink::rofl:) as they are. I also think I am going to order the hypnobabies CD's and see how those work for me, but even if they don't I'm going to spend the next 7 months visualizing my awesome labor because I firmly believe that will go a long way to making it happen. The great thing is I've had such good experiences even with an induction and an epidural that I have ZERO fears when it comes to L&D; I actually really loved both of mine :bigsmile:

XXdreaming
August 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM
............I'm just scared I'm going to have a monster baby this time ... DD2 was 9lbs 2 oz and pushing her out was a LOT of work, LOL. I don't know how some women have these 10lb+ babies and I sure hope I'm not one of them :worry: How big have your boys been? Did they get progressively bigger? I'm just keeping FX this one will be under 9!

I am not pregnant just being nosey in here lol but wanted to comment that they dont always get bigger, ds2 was my biggest and then it went downhill from there lol
ds1-8lbs 5oz,
ds2-8lbs 10oz(my biggest),
ds3-8lbs 1oz,
ds4-7lb 4oz,
I am hoping that my next even if its another boy will be in 7lb range since he was the only one I didnt rip on

DoulaMama
August 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Good to know!!! I was on my back and had an epi, but I made it to 8cm w/o it so was really close. We had no idea she was so big and pushing her out was HARD. So how would you recommend positioning to push out a big one?

On the drugs, I am sure I can do it without the epidural and I'm a very, very competitive person so I'm just going to remind myself of all the women who have done it drug free, and that I am just as strong (probably stronger :wink::rofl:) as they are. I also think I am going to order the hypnobabies CD's and see how those work for me, but even if they don't I'm going to spend the next 7 months visualizing my awesome labor because I firmly believe that will go a long way to making it happen. The great thing is I've had such good experiences even with an induction and an epidural that I have ZERO fears when it comes to L&D; I actually really loved both of mine :bigsmile:

I believe fear is close to the number one reason why birth does not go smoothly for most women(that and the fact that birth is a very intimate and private event that has been made into a spectacle in the last 100 years).....so if you have that mastered, so to speak, you are golden! And as for the positions...anything where gravity is on your side- squat, all fours, standing squat....all are good positions. If you can use water during the labour it'll help you even more. :d

ELP
August 13th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Birth 4 was my easiest, couldn't believe I'd had her! but she was a very neat 7lb. To be honest things have gotten harder again from then on and I honestly think its down to wear and tear (not literally tear buy ykwim). Do people who natural birth medicate for the afterpains?

DoulaMama
August 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Birth 4 was my easiest, couldn't believe I'd had her! but she was a very neat 7lb. To be honest things have gotten harder again from then on and I honestly think its down to wear and tear (not literally tear buy ykwim). Do people who natural birth medicate for the afterpains?

I do! Herbs, hot packs, tylenol....it's almost worse than the birth!!!

ELP
August 14th, 2011, 04:52 AM
I do! Herbs, hot packs, tylenol....it's almost worse than the birth!!!

Oh DM, I am glad you said that xxx Whenever I read about you ladies planning on going natural i always feel as if I'm a wimp for not even considering it, but I swear that for me, as all ladies will agree, that after pains do get worse but I'm noticing that at my level of babies the labor pains are getting worse aswell. They just feel like tearing! DM, have you been with ladies who have had my amount of babies?? Can they natural birth? Or have they ever mentioned that things seem to start getting tougher again? On my last birth there was simply no way I could have come up for air of that G&A machine!!!

DoulaMama
August 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Absolutely ELP- after #4 most women say it gets harder with each one. I've also heard that it goes back the other way after a certain number. Hopefully #9 for you! Have you ever fully immersed yourself in water for the birth? It's like night day for me plus for most women, if you hop in around 5cm, it speeds up the last portion of the birth:) After using a tub for the last 2 kids(one sunnyside up/face presentation) you couldnt pay me enough to not use the water. Just a thought:) xo

ELP
August 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I've not used water but would seriously like to:agree: Only problem is even though I've never had any problems I am considered high risk, so they want a drip thing in my arm which they don't like you to have in the water??, plus I labor alone and I think you need a partner with you?? I may have to seriously have a look into it this time though, hmmm!! That would be a great relief if the labors did start to go the other way again! I am looking forward to it though, just to see what happens:agree:

zanacal
August 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Absolutely ELP- after #4 most women say it gets harder with each one. I've also heard that it goes back the other way after a certain number. Hopefully #9 for you! Have you ever fully immersed yourself in water for the birth? It's like night day for me plus for most women, if you hop in around 5cm, it speeds up the last portion of the birth:) After using a tub for the last 2 kids(one sunnyside up/face presentation) you couldnt pay me enough to not use the water. Just a thought:) xo

This is exactly why I cried when the MW at the hospital said the pool was occupied at the hospital while I was in labour with DS3. When I had DS2 at home I had a tub in my living room and I floated on my tummy while leaning over the side on the gas and air. It was so relaxing (perhaps not the right word lol!) and good for the fact he was back to back - I even started falling asleep between contractions at one point (until I heard the midwife say 'she's falling asleep'!). FWIW, I don't actually believe the pool was occupied at the hospital. I think they were understaffed and didn't want me to use it because then a midwife would have to stay with us all the time - this is the case once you have an epi or are in the pool but otherwise they leave you more to your own devices.

DoulaMama
August 14th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I've not used water but would seriously like to:agree: Only problem is even though I've never had any problems I am considered high risk, so they want a drip thing in my arm which they don't like you to have in the water??, plus I labor alone and I think you need a partner with you?? I may have to seriously have a look into it this time though, hmmm!! That would be a great relief if the labors did start to go the other way again! I am looking forward to it though, just to see what happens:agree:
2 solutions- say NO to the drip:)Just because a text book considers you high risk, doesn't mean that you are;) If you don't want it there is nothing they can do to make you have one. It's like everything else in regards to birth- you have the final say. Also, maybe find a free doula-tell you want her in the room but not to do anything if you prefer hands off birthing.

zanacal
August 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Oh yes, in the UK you can get a trainee Doula who hasn't attended her required number of births for a reduced rate (I don't think free but I might be wrong).

ELP
August 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Oh yes, in the UK you can get a trainee Doula who hasn't attended her required number of births for a reduced rate (I don't think free but I might be wrong).
I would get alot of criticism of DH if I mentioned getting someone in to aid with the birth, so a doula would be out sadly. But the delivery room I was in last time did have a good sized bath in it, maybe I could just get in there? See how it goes? Then if its not helping I can always sneak back over to my trusty G&A lol! Can you have G&A in the birth tub?

zanacal
August 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM
That's why I decided against it ELP, DH was quite put out at the suggestion unfortunately.

You can use the G&A in the birth tub and also in the bath if there's one in your room! That's what I did with DS3 because the birthing pool was 'unavailable'. My waters actually popped in the bath in my birthing room! It was quite a deep one and it definitely helped, I had DH use the shower head to spray water on my tummy when I had a contraction. The birthing pool is definitely better though - you can't float on your tummy in a bath lol!

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I would def. try to use something deep- covering your entire belly- otherwise the pain relieving effects aren't as good. The water is also fantastic at stretching tissues and many women will have no tears if they've spent significant time in the tub(even if you birth on land).

I know this may differ from most people's thoughts on birth but.....

Until my DH starts pushing our babies out of his body, he doesn't get to decide what's best for my birth. You can be guaranteed that if it were them going through it, we would not be making decisions for them. Not saying that you need a doula at all, just that hurting their feelings( in regards to having some help- to get the birth you want)shouldn't even come into play. It's your body and birth:) xo

ELP
August 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Strangely, I've just had my sil round, I've not told anyone about baby yet, but I'm pretty sure that if I did decide to 'phone a friend' lol then she would be quite useful to bring along. Plus my sil on my DH's side, mum of 3 boys, asked a few babies back if she could sit in on one as with 3 boys she doubted she would ever get the chance to see a birth with no daughters. I would be more comfortable with sil 1 but she drives like a banshee! i would have to meet here there lol.

begonia
August 15th, 2011, 01:22 PM
LOL about meeting SIL there due to her driving ELP!

I am so intrigued by the water thing; until your post where you mentioned it helping with the pains and some stretching I was going to ask what it did to help. Good to know! Learning so much here :happy: OH and the after birth pains ... ugh. They were bad after DD2. Worse than labor for sure. Dreading that part with this one.

So DM sorry to bring up a sore subject but I'm just curious about your conference you registered for .. will you be able to transfer your registration to 2013? Can you pay a change fee and still use the airfare for some other travel?

Any reason splitting my prenatal and taking it 1/2 at lunch and 1/2 at dinner is bad idea in anyone's opinion? The dang thing just makes me queasy but I tried taking 1/2 and 1/2 this weekend and it was super. I can't imagine it needs to be taken all at once?

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Splitting the prenatal is totally fine, IMO. Or you could take it right before you go to sleep. It might also be the prenatals you're taking. I find the whole food prenatals like New Chapter brand don't make me nauseous at all. The prenatals like Materna(drug store brands) aren't even worth taking....when tested we absorb less than 2%!!! crazy hey! It's not even worth taking. To be totally honest I didn't take a single prenatal vitamin with my last 2 kids. I ate really well, took Flouradix for my Bvits and Iron, and also took alfalfa tablets for my vitamin K(I don't give vitK shot at birth so I make sure that I have lots in my breastmilk) and it also really helps with clotting and hemorrhage as well.

begonia
August 15th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Taking it right before I went to sleep was what I thought would work best but I take forever to fall asleep, unfortunately, so usually would still be awake when the queasy hit, and then it was only harder to fall asleep! Booo! I bought these
http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories.aspx?Category=d83213e2-f71d-43ff-836d-c71835132d2f
because I took them with DD2 and they didn't make me sick, but then, NOTHING made me sick then, I just felt great with her. Also I try to get one with more iron since I've been borderline anemic both pregnancies.

Thanks for the advice DM :-) You're going to be such an excellent midwife!

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Oh and about the conference- they won't help me out at all! So I have to try and sell my tickets:( oh well. I should have listened to my dream....LOL

Hey- I'm thinking of organizing a Spring due date gift swap.....nothing over the top, just something for the new addition. It would be a surprise as to who we get the gift from. I would do all the work-making sure that I keep track of it all etc. I've organized two other swaps like this before:) it's lots of fun! Anyway, I'm going to create a new thread and see what others think. I'm going to pm AS and see what she thinks:)

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Awwww thanks B. I hope so!

Those vitamins look great! About the iron-liquid form is very good for absorption. Being low in iron at the time of birth is a recipe for a bleed...and the sad thing is, is that many docs tend to treat instead of prevent so to them, low iron is no big deal because they can pump you full of pitocin to stop bleeding instead of making sure it doesn't happen in the first place(also-never ever let them pull your placenta out of you! This is the number one reason why women bleed after birth).
Sorry...birth rant for the day...LOL

Out of the Blue
August 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hi guys! Just popping in for a brief min. I hope all is well w/everyone. Sorry I've been MIA...been taking naps when the boys do so I've not had much free time (basically, I'm a slacker, lol...:oops:) Just got out of my 1st appt & u/s & wanted to ask for some prayers &/or good thoughts since although the baby looks fine so far, I've got a huge blood clot in there and my OB told me not to move and do as much bed rest as possible. I am scheduled for a more in depth u/s next Tues and will hopefully get some answers/good news then. I have no clue what caused this or what it could be and of course I'm kind of a wreck right now but I think all will be fine. I just need to think some good thoughts. Sending you all lot and lots of :HH: & XXX!!! Muuuuaaaaah!

zanacal
August 16th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Oh no OOTB! Big {hugs} to you, you take care of yourself and let us know how you are when you can, keep up with those naps x

begonia
August 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Oh no OOTB! Big {hugs} to you, you take care of yourself and let us know how you are when you can, keep up with those naps x

Ditto to all of that! Please keep us posted with the results from next week. Will be thinking of you!

begonia
August 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM
And DM, thanks for the information on iron. You're seriously great to have around; I learn so much from you!

Out of the Blue
August 17th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Thx for all your kind words and thoughts. I'm having to wean my 1.5 yr old right now ASAP due to this issue and it just plain sucks. I had to wean DS#1 at 18 mos also since I was preggo and had the swine flu. It was so tramatic for him since it was cold-turkey and I swore I'd never do it like that again. Now I'm faced w/the same thing and DS#2 is not ready AT ALL (and neither am I:sad:). He drank his "nah" (milk) this a.m. and then I gave him hempseed milk in a cup the other times. He loved it until it was time to go down for his nap. I caved and gave him more nah. After he woke up, he screamed for over 45 min so I caved again. I feel so guilty if I don't give him nah but even more guilty if I do since it could make this bleed even bigger. Jeeeze...being a Mom is really rough sometimes! Does anyone have any tips for speedy weaning? I'm hoping to go back and read the beginning of this thread (and maybe a few others) since the boys seem to be playing nicely right now...FX!

BTW, I was at Cost-co last week, begonia, and I totally was thinking of you! I didn't get the churros but the hotdogs smelled really good...so gross to think that but they did (and I haven't eaten beef since the early 90s, lol!). Pregnancy is so weird!

DoulaMama
August 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this OOTB! I don't know why nursing would affect a bleed? Has the OB told you why? The one thing about OB's is that most have NO clue about nursing and pregnancy. I personally would not wean without a second opinion...most likely a MW who has seen this with other nursing/pregnant moms. Most times a Blood clot gets reabsorbed without the mother even knowing it was there in the first place. Also, the amount your DS nurses shouldn't make you cramp at all. I guess I would need WAY more info before I weaned my child suddenly...that's me though. I hope it clears up quickly for you, Blue (((hugs)))

ETA-
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/257581/2nd-pregnancy-doc-says-i-need-to-wean-my-14-month-old-help
link to a discussion on another board in regards to nursing with a SCH.

XXdreaming
August 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
breastfeeding causes slight uterine contractions, thats why its good to breastfeed right after you have a baby it helps your womb to contract and shrink back faster, and if your womb is sensitive or cervix is sensitive they recommend you to be on the safe side to wean your child before you conceive, BUT even though it causes slight uterine contractions this isnt enough to cause bleeding or m/c in normal pregnancies but does draw some concern for one that is high risk, I got pregnant while nursing my 15mos and had to wean cold turkey too, I know what your going through :( I was spotting red and having severe abdominal cramps so to be on the safe side my ob said I needed to wean my son because even though its slight uterine contractions that normally doesnt affect a pregnancy my womb didnt need any "help" kwim? my ob is for breastfeeding during pregnancy he just said to be on the safe side I needed to wean my son and for *me* even though I wasnt ready I agreed with him, but ootb I know what youre going through :( I hope if weaning is something that must be done then i hope it goes smoothly for the both of you *hugs*

DoulaMama
August 18th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Blue- I went onto a facebook friends(one of the amazing midwives I would have seen at the conference I was going to....LOL) page(who is friends with thousands-no joke- of midwives from around the world including lactation specialists) and asked about your situation. I can post exact words if you would like- I can PM them to you:) All of them said that there is no problem with nursing. If a pregnancy is going to stick, it will stick no matter if you're nursing or not-The only thing they pointed out was the fact that if you actually feel yourself cramping while nursing, it may be time to stop. The fact that baby is older, and you've had no bleeding, to them means that nursing is A-ok. Many of them gave personal experiences of having gone through it themselves while nursing, and many said by 17-18 weeks it was totally gone. Some nursed and did have bleeding but nothing really came of it. They seem to think that many women have them and without u/s, many would have no clue that it was even there. They go on with their regular sex lives and nursing, and nothing happens. Anyway, PLEASE don't think I am telling you that you should keep nursing....I just know what it's like to have a booby boy that is very attached to it and it's heartbreaking to stop cold turkey on them. I just wanted to offer the opinions of women that have seen this many times and feel that it's ok to keep nursing your little guy. Big hugs to you Mama xoxo :HH: Do what feels right in your heart:)

Out of the Blue
August 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
ARG!!! My iPad ate my post...

Thanks XX and Doula for your kind words. :HH:

I've been nursing DS sometimes up to 8+ times per day and I often get cramps. I think I would definitely still be nursing him if the bleed wasn't so big. Unfortunately, it's about 3-4x the size of the baby's sac and covers most of the surface area in there. I think usually these bleeds don't affect the baby at all but this one is just a monster and doesn't sit well w/me. I'd post the pic but the milk-monster (aka Sir Hillary the mtn climber) broke the scanner. I can't look at the u/s pic b/c it takes me to dark places and I want to stay positive. Doula, I really appreciate you asking your friend about my situation! Could you ask your friend(s) if there's anything I can be doing to heal this thing? I'm drinking Rasp Leaf tea & will have DH get some pineapple & papaya juice at Whole Foods (great for healing). I'm trying to channel lots of positive thoughts and not move but my boys are a lot of work. Also, Doula, I had been drinking 8 oz of cran juice (100%) most days before I new I was preg & then cut it back to 4 oz. My OB says it's okay to drink and wouldn't have caused this but what do you think? Should I stop it all together or is it okay?

I really, really want to still BF but my gut tells me I need to pull out all stops b/c I'm so scared for this baby and will do anything possible to save her/him.

I'm soooooo sorry about all the drama. This should be a happy thread! Aside from DH, you all are my only lifeline right now. Thanks so very much!!!

DoulaMama
August 18th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I will definitely ask for you, Hun. XOXOX
Take Care of you~~~

DoulaMama
August 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM
ARG!!! My iPad ate my post...

Thanks XX and Doula for your kind words. :HH:

I've been nursing DS sometimes up to 8+ times per day and I often get cramps. I think I would definitely still be nursing him if the bleed wasn't so big. Unfortunately, it's about 3-4x the size of the baby's sac and covers most of the surface area in there. I think usually these bleeds don't affect the baby at all but this one is just a monster and doesn't sit well w/me. I'd post the pic but the milk-monster (aka Sir Hillary the mtn climber) broke the scanner. I can't look at the u/s pic b/c it takes me to dark places and I want to stay positive. Doula, I really appreciate you asking your friend about my situation! Could you ask your friend(s) if there's anything I can be doing to heal this thing? I'm drinking Rasp Leaf tea & will have DH get some pineapple & papaya juice at Whole Foods (great for healing).

I'm trying to channel lots of positive thoughts and not move but my boys are a lot of work. Also, Doula, I had been drinking 8 oz of cran juice (100%) most days before I new I was preg & then cut it back to 4 oz. My OB says it's okay to drink and wouldn't have caused this but what do you think? Should I stop it all together or is it okay?

I really, really want to still BF but my gut tells me I need to pull out all stops b/c I'm so scared for this baby and will do anything possible to save her/him.

I'm soooooo sorry about all the drama. This should be a happy thread! Aside from DH, you all are my only lifeline right now. Thanks so very much!!!

They seem to think that the RRLT would cause more cramps than the nursing. It's a uterine toner which should most likely be stopped until 20wks. The juices are fine...maybe no more cranberry as it's a blood thinner. They figure that movement caused it and that taking it easy will be what helps to heal it. Also, if there's no bleeding you have a very good chance that everything will be OK. Apparently, these are incredibly common and without the u/s you would have no idea that it was even there. Heck, I could have one right now but I would have no clue. This is why most mw's I know do not like the idea of routine use of u/s in pregnancy because they cannot diagnose very well, they are notoriously inaccurate, and they stress women out! I would say that most likely by 20 wks every bit of that clot will be gone and you would have never even known it was there, if you hadn't had the early u/s. xoxox Big hugs Mama:)

XXdreaming
August 19th, 2011, 08:03 PM
You know that's what I was thinking but didn't know enough about it to say but I thought raspberry leaf tea was what you start in 3rd trimester to help you not go past your due date, an old wives tale to cause labor because it increases the uterine contractions, am I wrong? Or getting this tea mixed with another one?

Glittergirl
August 20th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hi guys! Just popping in for a brief min. I hope all is well w/everyone. Sorry I've been MIA...been taking naps when the boys do so I've not had much free time (basically, I'm a slacker, lol...:oops:) Just got out of my 1st appt & u/s & wanted to ask for some prayers &/or good thoughts since although the baby looks fine so far, I've got a huge blood clot in there and my OB told me not to move and do as much bed rest as possible. I am scheduled for a more in depth u/s next Tues and will hopefully get some answers/good news then. I have no clue what caused this or what it could be and of course I'm kind of a wreck right now but I think all will be fine. I just need to think some good thoughts. Sending you all lot and lots of :HH: & XXX!!! Muuuuaaaaah!

Aww I just read this OOTB! So sorry you're going through this! My dear friend had the same thing...a huge blood clot they found on US. She got pregnant accidentally when DS3 was 4 months old. She too was super nervous but continued to breastfeed (I think they did tell her to stop bf but her baby was only a few months old so she just couldn't) long story short....she had a beautiful healthy girl after 3 boys! Sending you positive vibes!!!!

Out of the Blue
August 20th, 2011, 01:29 PM
DS#2 is still BF....I couldn't quit. We went 1.5 days but it just wasn't right for us. Doula, your BF info makes me feel a lot better. My OB doesn't even know I'm BF since last time she wanted me to quit, but she only told me once and didn't give me a hard time even though I continued. I just wasn't going to bring it up unless she did.

Other than my weird u/s, this has been the most uneventful pregnancy...Other than being tired and dizzy, I really don't have any symptoms. I get nausea sometimes but nothing like my other two pregnancies. It kind of freaks me out b/c I've never been pregnant w/out hyperemesis, zofran, rehydration IVs, etc. I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop and wake up one morning and puke my guts out. I'm thinking that if I'm not sick by now, I probably won't be but now I probably just jinxed myself, lol. I sure like how this baby rolls!

I hope all of you are doing well and having an enjoyable pregnancy. You earned it!!! Swaying is hard enough. Now we should just be able to sit back and rest and enjoy the ride.

They seem to think that the RRLT would cause more cramps than the nursing. It's a uterine toner which should most likely be stopped until 20wks. The juices are fine...maybe no more cranberry as it's a blood thinner. They figure that movement caused it and that taking it easy will be what helps to heal it. Also, if there's no bleeding you have a very good chance that everything will be OK. Apparently, these are incredibly common and without the u/s you would have no idea that it was even there. Heck, I could have one right now but I would have no clue. This is why most mw's I know do not like the idea of routine use of u/s in pregnancy because they cannot diagnose very well, they are notoriously inaccurate, and they stress women out! I would say that most likely by 20 wks every bit of that clot will be gone and you would have never even known it was there, if you hadn't had the early u/s. xoxox Big hugs Mama:)

That makes me feel soooo much better, Doula! RRLT is out! I think I'll just stick to 4oz of cran juice (I drink it so I don't get UTIs and I'm addicted to it). I really, really appreciate you taking the time to get me all that info...Sending you a bajillion hugs! :HH: I'm not worried much anymore b/c I'm doing all I can and what ever happens happens.

XX, you are very sweet...I'm sending you lots and lots of GIRL dust!

GG, awww...That's a wonderful story! Glad everything turned out great for your friend...and a girl too!!! Hope you're doing well and not sick still!

DoulaMama
August 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM
DS#2 is still BF....I couldn't quit. We went 1.5 days but it just wasn't right for us. Doula, your BF info makes me feel a lot better. My OB doesn't even know I'm BF since last time she wanted me to quit, but she only told me once and didn't give me a hard time even though I continued. I just wasn't going to bring it up unless she did.

Other than my weird u/s, this has been the most uneventful pregnancy...Other than being tired and dizzy, I really don't have any symptoms. I get nausea sometimes but nothing like my other two pregnancies. It kind of freaks me out b/c I've never been pregnant w/out hyperemesis, zofran, rehydration IVs, etc. I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop and wake up one morning and puke my guts out. I'm thinking that if I'm not sick by now, I probably won't be but now I probably just jinxed myself, lol. I sure like how this baby rolls!
THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S YOUR GIRL!!!! :D
I hope all of you are doing well and having an enjoyable pregnancy. You earned it!!! Swaying is hard enough. Now we should just be able to sit back and rest and enjoy the ride.

That makes me feel soooo much better, Doula! RRLT is out! I think I'll just stick to 4oz of cran juice (I drink it so I don't get UTIs and I'm addicted to it). I really, really appreciate you taking the time to get me all that info...Sending you a bajillion hugs! :HH: I'm not worried much anymore b/c I'm doing all I can and what ever happens happens.
You are very welcome Blue. I'm more than happy to help find any info you need:) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your pregnancy continues smoothly and that your little bean holds on tight. I'm sure it'll all be ok, Hun xoxo
XX, you are very sweet...I'm sending you lots and lots of GIRL dust!

GG, awww...That's a wonderful story! Glad everything turned out great for your friend...and a girl too!!! Hope you're doing well and not sick still!

:HH:

begonia
August 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Jen hope things are going ok ... I think you have a follow-up scan tomorrow so keep us posted. I'm sorry it's such a hard thing; I know quitting nursing before you and the LO are ready is just awful, so big ol' HUGS. And FWIW Churros are amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if they have healing powers :wink:

Hi Glitter!!! Good to see you!

DM I can't get over what a great resource you are. SO glad you're here to share with us!

AFM have my NT scan on Thursday, hoping to see a wiggly healthy LO in there. I don't care at all about nubs, I just want a healthy one please please please. It's funny but lately I really don't even care a bit about boy/girl. I'm just excited to have another baby :HH: Glad I swayed and gave it a shot but I'll be thrilled to love a third baby girl if that's what I get!

ELP
August 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM
begonia is your NT today!!!!!!!!!!!! MEGA exciting!!! Post pics straight away ok and good luck!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

begonia
August 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Awwww, thanks ELP!!! So sweet of you :kiss: I didn't get any nub shots but got a nice look at my super wiggly little baby! I mean the kid was just non-stop, LOL! Everything looks great so far and I feel wonderful having gotten to see the little one. Pregnancy really is so fun :bigsmile: