PDA

View Full Version : Update for ladies who have give me advice!

Beautifulrainbow
May 11th, 2015, 06:17 AM
So I'm on cd50 still no sign of af, pg test negative opk negative.....I was sitting in the doctors waiting room this morning, an absolute bag of nerves thinking I'm just going to get turned away because I already have 3 beautiful boys being told that I should be great full for what I got, which I am but as many women who come on here and say the same thing you still long deep down in your heart for that little girl. I still have feel the nerves plus the adrenaline and a twinge of excitement now!
But the doctor was nice she was understanding, even though I had to sit through a lecture of what you have to do to get pg in the first place, which I already knew! I explained my irregular cycles and that they are getting progressively longer and longer!
She replied that we know that you can get pregnant but if your cycles are getting longer and longer the chances of it are getting slimmer, she said that she thinks it could very well be pcos which I replied yes I think so too as I have done a bit of research into it (thanks to atomic putting me on the right track) and I added I do feel that maybe one of my hormones maybe out of wack, ( losing my hair ache all the time, hair growing where it shouldn't on a woman, etc) and I asked if so what can be done, she replied nothing actually can be done but we could send you to a fertility clinic because it's only them that can prescribe the medication (clomid)needed to regulated your cycles!
Anyway she asked me how long have I been actively trying I'm was confused at this because I feel if your not taking bc to prevent pregnancy and dtd every other day you are trying, I think I came off bc around 6 months after I picked up my last lot of bc, August 2012, I wasn't taking it everyday anyway and we thought might as well give it up and if pregnancy happens it happens.I still have not gotten pregnant, I explained this to her but she still said but how long have you actually been trying so to keep her happy I said 6 months because, I guess that's when I started researching how to get pg, swaying etc! That's when she said we say you normally say you have to be trying for a year before we send you there though, but we can check your hormones levels before hand, she handed me a blood test form to look about irregular cycles possible pcos? Checking my thyroid function, diabetes, to check prolactin, progestogen, serum shbg, and testosterone! Doctor is worried about the progestogen because if I'm the wrong part of my cycle it's going to show as low anyway.
I will have to phone in 2 days time to get results and she said don't be alarmed if they say it's pcos because that is what We are expecting!
now again! a bag of nerves

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2015, 08:42 AM
The progesterone is the least of your worries right now, go ahead and get the bloodwork. They can't tell that much by the bloodwork but it sounds as if you'll need to get it done anyway to go forward and get the medication.

Don't be nervous, there's nothing to be nervous about!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 11th, 2015, 08:53 AM
No this is good news!!! Getting that referral is the first step. I lied about how long I was trying bc I knew they would be a stickler for the one year wait thing (as if we have a year!)
I'm in cd 50 also btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautifulrainbow
May 11th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I really would have loved to get pg in July but now I have mentioned 6 months I think I dropped my self in and now have to wait until November to get referral, then I'm prob would want to wait until the summer because I would like an April baby (sorry just thinking out loud lol) i was a little vague about the dates do you think I should go back and stretch the truth a bit?
Hitmebabyonemoretime cd 50 too have you cycles always been long too?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 12th, 2015, 12:01 PM
No - before my last pregnancy they were 28
Days with a 10 day luteal. I just recently welcomed the return of AF after Ds4 and took Vitex maybe too long while I was waiting for a +opk. As soon as I realized I wasn't o-Ing I dropped the V, but I was never able to confirm O again. My doc told me to start the C without af, and then I waited thinking SURELY it will be coming soon.
I caved and took it, hoping it regulates things and gives me a quicker chance to get pg.

Beautifulrainbow
May 12th, 2015, 02:37 PM
How long have you been taking c now, do you get any side affects from it?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 12th, 2015, 02:47 PM
2 nights - tbh I thought the first night I could "feel" things and made me nervous that I screwed up the timing of this but the 2nd day nothing. Supposedly most of the side effects are around 0 time, but this is my first round and really don't know what to expect at all!

Beautifulrainbow
May 15th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Another update got my test results back and everything is at normal levels and no further action required! So I don't have pcos, diabeites, high testosterone and all other hormones are fine!
Guess in a way it's a good thing but then if everything is normal or with in normal limits how are my cycles so long, and as for getting pg they will prob just tell me we are trying at wrong time of month but never knowing when my af is going to come as it's diff every month then I never know when I ovulate. Cd 54 no sign of af :rolleyes:Just going to have to keep up with the diet suppliments and just keep testing with opks!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 15th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I hope AF comes soon!

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2015, 04:45 PM
You will almost certainly O with the Clomid in the mix, keep us posted! :cheer: