PDA

View Full Version : Experiences after miscarriage?

Junie
May 12th, 2015, 06:51 AM
I've been pregnant 3 times with the most recent pregnancy ending in a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. All three pregnancies occurred cycle 1 of TTC. Now I've just started AF and am on CD1 of cycle 4 month 5.

My cycles have been a range of 30-50! days since the miscarriage and my charts no longer look "pretty". I understand that I was very lucky getting pregnant so quickly before but I wonder if something isn't wrong now.

For those of you who chart and have had a miscarriage how long until you felt things were back to normal?

Butterfly Spirit
May 12th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I'm so glad I saw your thread! After my first miscarriage in May of 2012 I hit youtube. I found out about raspberry leave tea and vitex that a lady took after hers, and then I consulted atomic and another GDer and talked to them. The GDer I talked to had success with the raspberry leave tea, (even got a baby girl from it!) and so I decided to go for it! I was already taking vitex to sway. I found a health store in town that carried Nature's Way Raspberry Leave Capsules and that next morning after the hospital told me that I miscarried, I took two of those and the vitex, and all my other supplements and just prayed. I highly recommend, that you purchase a cheap ovulation predictor kit off of ebay so you can see what's going on with that.
My cycle was crazy for a few weeks, my opk kept getting dark and then lightening. I actually just miscarried Saturday and started my RL capsules and vitex, and now I'm on day 4 already! I plan to stop in between day 8-10 with vitex and around that same time wean off the raspberry leave capsules. I'm going to find some links to post for you here so you can follow my conception that occured directly after my miscarriage, and I did not have a D&C. I'm not having one with this one either. I'm full of faith that the RL can help heal my uterus and yours too! :HH: I bled like crazy for one week starting May 2.. but after day 4 of raspberry leave capsules (from my miscarriage on Sat), I am seriously down to brown spotting and my opk is already getting there! I almost cannot believe it!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/10573-my-vitex-journey-68.html

Ovulation kit you want: 100 Ovulation Tests Strips Fast SHIP from USA | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Ovulation-Tests-Strips-Fast-Ship-from-USA-/111156307451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e16ea5fb)
25 HCG Pregnancy FDA Approved Bluecross Babi Test Strips Fast SHIP from USA | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-hCG-Pregnancy-FDA-Approved-Bluecross-Babi-Test-Strips-Fast-Ship-from-USA-/121420530940?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c453a44fc)

I've purchased that combo from that seller several times. VERY pleased with it!

Vitex will help regulate your cycle and get things running again! I will absolutely recommend it to anyone!
However, it might cause you headaches, for me my first time I got the worst migraine of my life and once I took magnesium I was good to go!
So you need to take a cheap pregnancy test before you start.. just incase.. and then you take vitex from cycle day 1- an almost positive ovulation predictor stick! :) Then you don't start up vitex until your period begins again. I took like 3 ovulation sticks a day and was able to watch them and see where I was at with O.
you are so welcome to follow along my journey and see how I do things. I have faith you'll get prego again, maybe your system just needs a push! I originally started vitex because I was nursing my son and could not conceive lol!!
I wish you so much luck and pink baby dust! :HH:

Junie
May 12th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Thanks for your post, I'm so sorry about your miscarriages :( I did take RRL for the cycle immediately following the miscarriage but I haven't been doing vitex as I feel like it messes up my cycles (I've taken it in the past) but it might be something for me to consider. I'm going to read your story later- I'm glad you had success with vitex and hope you do again!

Butterfly Spirit
May 12th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Thanks for your post, I'm so sorry about your miscarriages :( I did take RRL for the cycle immediately following the miscarriage but I haven't been doing vitex as I feel like it messes up my cycles (I've taken it in the past) but it might be something for me to consider. I'm going to read your story later- I'm glad you had success with vitex and hope you do again!

Thank you! I'm so sorry for yours too! :broken:
I actually picked up Vitex in Nov or Dec I can't remember but it wasn't working, nothing was! So I gave it a break and came back to it and with prayer conceived! I know I will again. Just keep the faith and your hope sky high no matter what you choose to do! :HH:

Rosie85
May 12th, 2015, 10:09 AM
After my first miscarriage which was at 5 weeks I got pregnant right away 2 weeks later. Then I miscarried again...a missed miscarriage that time. I had a d&c done and while my cycles were still regular it took me 6 months to get pregnant even though all 5 pregnancies before that were 1st time attempt successes. The d&c must have messed with my lining horribly. I had 2 chemicals during those 6 months. ..the two months before the baby that stuck. I think a loss at 12 weeks is much harder on the body than one at 5 weeks..especially if you had medical intervention. Your body is trying to heal. I too thought i was never going to get pregnant again...we decided to give up but ended up dtd 4 times around my ovulation...thinking i wouldn't get or stay pregnant anyhow so what did it matter. ..and lo and behold I got pregnant and it was a sticky bean.

Junie
May 12th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I'm so sorry for your losses Rosie! I'm so glad you're having a healthy pregnancy now! I've decided to give it 1 more cycle and then do BDing every 2 days or as much as we want around O because I just want to give my boys a sibling. Your story does give me hope though!

Rosie85
May 12th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Thanks Junie. I wish you the best and I am sure it will all work out! I am rooting for you!

maidentomother
May 15th, 2015, 07:36 PM
My first 5 pregnancies were all healthy singletons conceived despite BC/trying to avoid, and after all the abortions, even the surgical ones at 8w, I resumed normal cycles immediately, not even delayed O. But I was in my early to mid twenties for them.

My one and only miscarriage, conceived 2nd cycle NTNP, though early at 5w and seemingly uncomplicated, really messed me up. I don't know if it was bc I was older, bc it was a twin pregnancy, bc one was an ectopic on my ovary, or bc I had a mega cyst that troubled me for 6 months until I went on the BCP for 4 months to shrink it. I guess the cyst is most likely. I'm not sure I was Oing and my cycles were definitely erratic until I went on the pill. Maybe a round of Provera would help reset you? It seems to me that MMCs are more likely to take months to recover from cycle-wise bc the body didn't get the message right away, so to speak. Or maybe you had/have a cyst like I did. Honestly I think you're a perfect candidate for Clomid, that would be even better that P and also likely reset you.

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2015, 05:23 PM
bumping for more responses