PDA

View Full Version : Can a couple of weeks on diet change cycle length?

Boyboygirl
May 15th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I loosely started the LE diet a couple weeks ago by not having breakfast and trying to make lower nutrient choices. My cycle has always been regular - 28 days and ovulating cd 15 (give or take a day).
This cycle I ovulated cd 12 (confirmed with temp spike) and now started my period at cd 22.
Has anyone else had the diet affect them this way? Is it ok? I'm a bit nervous to go more full on with the LE diet of I'm affected this much so far.
I will be my attempt for a girl in aug :).

maidentomother
May 15th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Yes, very common especially the first couple cycles as your body adjusts. We believe it's part of how swaying pink works so it's a good sign, provided things don't get too crazy.

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2015, 04:32 PM
I personally don't think these type of changes happen in 2 weeks' time just from skipping breakfast and doing a slight LE Diet.

ARe you doing anything else like herbs or anything?

Can you tell me exactly what your diet consists of in terms of cals, protein, fat? And have you lost a ton of weight (in excess of 3 lbs a week)

Boyboygirl
May 15th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Not tracking any calories or nutrient amounts but here is a typical day:
-having a tea or latte mid morning with milk,
-an English muffin with butter and cucumber and/or pb and honey plus strawberries,
-soda crackers, low fat yogurt or granola bar for snack,
-homemade Turkey burger on a flat multigrain bun with lettuce, red pepper and some shoe string fries. Water to drink all day. Sometimes a glass of sweet white wine at night.

Boyboygirl
May 15th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Oh and haven't really lost weight - maybe a tiny bit but my weigh fluctuates about a pound throughout a cycle. And not taking any herbs or supplements at all.

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Well, it can be a good idea to track at least a few days at the start to get a good feel for how much you're eating. But, that having been said your diet looks pretty good (I see you're eating both fat and some protein too) and if you haven't lost weight I seriously doubt this is diet just yet.

Boyboygirl
May 16th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Maybe just a coincidence - I guess I'll see what this next cycle is like!
Since I don't have much weight to spare, I know I need to be careful to get enough calories since I don't usually eat non fat products and will be trying to eat those more instead of the full/ low fat options I'm used to. It's also a big change switching from whole grain (breads & oatmeal) to white/ refined versions.

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2015, 11:11 AM
If you prefer the whole grains at least some of the time, that is the number one thing that I admit I am not sure about. Some things in swaying, there is evidence pointing both ways and that is chief among them. The oats are prob. best avoided because of the avenocasides but the whole grain bread, if you like it better, that's your call to make. We have gotten good results on our alternate PCOS diets and they use wholegrains.

Boyboygirl
May 17th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Ok thank you! I do want to cut out things that are strongly suggested to avoid - I do want a decent sway after all :). I'm glad I started the LE way of eating enough in advance that I have had time to make changes as I go along. Skipping breakfast is a huge change for me and I've been doing well. I've started having a vanilla latte in the morning to compensate for breakfast - do you think it's pretty important to have it sugar free and skim milk? It tastes so much better with the regular vanilla syrup and 2% lol.

atomic sagebrush
May 18th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Well, whole grains are NOT strongly suggested to avoid. They are "atomic doesn't even know if we SHOULD be avoiding them as they may even sway pink in some or even all cases". This is a work in progress and as things progress we find out more and more, and the fact is that on the PCOS diets (with somewhat lower carb intake, whole grains or white rice instead of wheat) people seem to be getting better results than on standard LE. That may be coincidental as in, people who can do the standard LE Diet may be more "set" for boys to start with or it may not be. I am having more and more people do the alternate diets and if the numbers continue to improve we may end up including more and more whole grains.

Please understand that a latte in the morning, esp. one made with lots of milk and real sugar, IS BREAKFAST. Now, I am ok with people having coffee with some milk or cream and either no sweetener or artificial sweetener, and in fact I cheated and used some real sugar in my morning coffee. But a latte has a LOT of milk (even if you use skim milk, there is still plenty of nutrition in skim milk) and if you put sugar into that as well, you may as well just eat breakfast. It's hundreds of calories of protein + carbs and that may sway blue.

Boyboygirl
May 19th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Thank you for that - coffee seems to be the drink of choice with girl swayers and girl getters lol.. But I can't stand it unless it's full of milk and sugar haha. So I guess that is out. Would black tea with a bit of skim milk be a good replacement?
Also, what are some ideas for low cal carbs aside from the obvious white bread? Everything I try to think of would be high in fat.

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Tea may be a little blue-friendly.

Pasta, rice, fruit and vegetables (like potato) all can be used for carbs in LE Diet.

Bubbles2015
May 21st, 2015, 06:45 AM
I'm just new here and I use to read some of the swaying forums as we were trying to concieve another girl we already have a girl then boy then boy and confirmed at 20 weeks scan it's a girl we can't believe our luck.

Coming on this site and reading different sway factors worked for us to concieve our final little girl. But either way we would be happy.

Reading the above post on my cycle when changing my diet completely from having my boys a girl diet is a lot harder to stick to but after a few weeks you get use to it. My cycles were very short also from a 29 day cycle to 23 one month then 24 the next etc.

One of my main changes was not having breakfast when I got up at 7 am I would have cereal then at 10 am having yogurts helped also peppermint tea twice a day or maybe once before I went to bed.

I concieved at Xmas and had diet coke with turkey dinners that week we concieved so different to the boy diet. Took sudofed before and after conception.

Hope you get your sway you are looking for a few changes can go you way.

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2015, 07:04 AM
Huge congrats Bubbles and thank you so much for updating us!

If you have a spare minute we'd love it if you posted a sway here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/

Boyboygirl
May 21st, 2015, 10:44 AM
Thanks for that Bubbles! Very encouraging as you sound similar to me. :)
Congratulations on your family!

Boyboygirl
May 21st, 2015, 01:49 PM
Oh I meant to ask (Bubbles) how long were you on the diet and how many cycles did it take for you to conceive? Thanks :).

Bubbles2015
May 23rd, 2015, 07:45 PM
Hi atomic I am only seeing your message here tonight. Thankyou I will post my sway prob tomorrow night just in from a late dinner. X

Bubbles2015
May 23rd, 2015, 07:57 PM
Hi boyboygirl thankyou for reply just catching up on forum tonight. I would say we were trying for 6 months on and of as a family friend passed away and husband so busy with work. So the last 2cycles before I concieved I was prob the main time all and all maybe 6 weeks changes to eating pattern. Then when I wasn't getting pregnant the two cycles before I put it down to stress and wanting to get pregnant to much to soon.

So I drank peppermint tea to relax me more which was great my boys were concieved on full moon phase and my girl just after new moon and I new exactly when I ovulated as I always got a pain in my side. Frequent for my boys a few days in a row before ovulation and we abstained for 6/7 days with this pregnancy.

Will fill out atomics link tomorrow night on my slight sway it wasn't anything major just less calories this time. X

Boyboygirl
May 24th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the response Bubbles! Congratulations again - you must be so excited. Im very excited for when we start our attempts in August. :)

Bubbles2015
May 26th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Ah all the very best to you hope all goes well for you. A wee tip for my boys was drinking green tea and eat really healthy and exercised 3 times a week. This time the only exercise I got was running after my two boy which is 4 and 2 and this time I used peppermint tea.��

Boyboygirl
May 27th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Yes I usually am quite a healthy eater so this time I'm trying to eat like I'm on a diet (never dieted before) - lower calories, no breakfast, artificial sweeteners. I'm also having coffee or peppermint tea in the mornings which is different for me.
its all exciting now, but August seems sort of far away lol. Time goes by way to fast though (I have a 3.5 and 1 yr old) so it'll come soon enough. :)

Bubbles2015
June 14th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Hi boyboygirl all the very best of luck with your sway what will be will be. You have a busy house also. There such a joy to have a around and they make a house a home no matter what gender we concieve.

I drank cranberry juice every day the week of ovulation prob a glass a day and also day off ovulation. I never use to drink it before just thought it might lower my ph as I wasn't certain what it was.. I also took cranberry supplements the week of ovulation also. And drank water with calcium evian xx

Hope all goes well for you and fingers crossed ����

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I am not the hugest fan of cranberry but if you do use it, just be sure you are off cranberry after ovulation (juice is fine to continue if you're using it as a sway tactic, I am talking about the cran supplements)