PDA

View Full Version : BBT Temp - Preg or Not?

CapricornAquarius
August 13th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Hi

I was just wondering does every woman have an increase in bbt temp immediately after ovulation if they have successfully conceived??

Anyone out there who didnt have the rise and still ended up being pregnant?

Cheers

DoulaMama
August 13th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Not sure I'm allowed to do this...but I found this on fertility friend and it explains it well....

"In most cases, you are able to see a biphasic pattern on your chart after ovulation has taken place. That is, you will have lower pre-ovulation temperatures and higher post-ovulation temperatures. Your temperature may rise slowly in increments, or quickly, or it may even rise and fall slightly over several days. The rise in temperature is usually about 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.2 degrees Celsius, but the rise may be as slight as 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.1 degrees Celsius or even less in some cases. Great variability is possible."

So, after a woman O's, her temp should rise~ doesn't mean that you are pregnant until you see high temps beyond 18dpo(or of course you do a test and get a + :) Usually the temps falls the 1-2 days before AF or even on the day AF is due. My luteal phase is 10 days long and even though I had a + pregnancy test at 10dpo(AF due 11dpo)...if I had waited to test I would have known by 12dpo that I was pregnant.

Does that make any sense?
Are you positive that you O'd? Are you using opk's? Do you have a chart that we could take a peak at?

rainbowflower
August 13th, 2011, 02:51 AM
the initail temp rise doesn't indicate a pregnancy (or lack of) - just that the corpus luteum is now working and is producing progesterone. Your body doesn't know if a pregnancy has occurred or not until the baby implants (days 5-10dpo) and starts releasing HCG into your body.

CapricornAquarius
August 13th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks Dmama and Rainbow for that information, much appreciated.

I definately O'd on the 8th of this month, I used a digital ovulation test that shows your LH surge, so we dtd on the 8th and 9th. I haven't been BBT charting as I found it a little too confusing so I gave up on it.

Im 5dpo, I tested my temp yesterday and it was 37.95 and then today it was 36.95 thats a whole degree drop, mmm not feeling positive :tissue:

CapricornAquarius
August 13th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Congratulations DMama, I hope you get your pink bundle :))

DoulaMama
August 14th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Thank you:) Honestly, one day of lower temps doesn't really mean anything. You could have breathed through your mouth that night or it could be an implantation dip...don't give up hope until the witch shows!!! xoxo

CapricornAquarius
August 14th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Ok Dmama I wont give up just yet then. Thanks for your positive thinking!

DD1 - 8yrs:ballerina: DD2 - 6yrs:giggle: hoping for :pregnant::ttcboy:

Plum3
August 15th, 2011, 08:18 AM
What are you usual post O temps? A temp of 37.95 is quite high (low grade fever) so I would most likely disregard that temp.

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Bec is right- that high temp is quite high. 36.95 is way higher than any post o temp I get. I take mine in F and in comparison mine was usually 97.5....yours is 98.5. Looks pretty good to me:) do you have a chart to link to?