PDA

View Full Version : Should I take a Potassium supplement?

fox
May 18th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I always hear how Potassium sways boy. I hate all things banana. Is a supplement the way to go?

I feel crazy taking so many supplements! Right now I'm taking the Women's one a day prenatal, Fish Oil and EPO. Add the potassium too? Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2015, 10:45 AM
No, you don't need one if you eat sensibly on HE Diet. Bananas really don't have that much potassium anyway and they are kind of empty cals in a lot of ways. It's much better to focus on more nutrient-dense foods like blueberries instead.

If you MUST do something to up potassium, many of us use coconut water which is a lot of potassium for not a lot of cals.

I seriously doubt potassium sways blue anyway. The difference on the French and InGender Diets (the potassium ones) between boy (4000-5000) and girl (up to 3500) is 500 mg potassium. That is the amount in a bowl of strawberries. Does it make any sense that a bowl of strawberries could make the difference between having a boy and having a girl???

dloui128
May 21st, 2015, 09:25 AM
I always hear how Potassium sways boy. I hate all things banana. Is a supplement the way to go?

I feel crazy taking so many supplements! Right now I'm taking the Women's one a day prenatal, Fish Oil and EPO. Add the potassium too? Thanks!

I didn't take a potassium supplement because it was just another cost that I really didn't need. I focused on diet, I'm not a huge banana fan so I ate other foods, I did drank 1 coconut water a day AF-O and I ate a lot of dried apricots too