PDA

View Full Version : Vitex & EWCM

StephStorm
May 19th, 2015, 08:56 AM
From what i've read Vitex sways girl but decided to start taking it since my periods are 24 days, my luteal phase is less than 9 and I don' think I even ovulated last month.

Today I am on CD 13 & definitely got a +OPK. Yesterday and today I have had a ton of EWCM never this much in my life. The only thing i've been done differently is take 800mg/Vitex a day.
Is it a bad idea to continue taking it?

Butterfly Spirit
May 19th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Stop taking it now that you got a positive OPK! :D YAY for the 2 week wait!
I have had great success with vitex and I take it from CD1- almost +opk. For some people it can hold back ovulation so hop off now and don't start it up again until you are on CD one of your period and make sure you take a test to ensure you are not pregnant because you don't want to take vitex while pregnant. Good luck hon! :HH:

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Stop vitex at CD 14 or positive OPK whichever comes first. For you, it's time to stop since you got pos oPK.

We don't know that the Vitex is making the EWCM, some months are just more CM than others. We also don't even know that EWCM harms a pink sway - it's a theory,b ut we do need at least some to get pregnant.

maidentomother
May 21st, 2015, 06:00 PM
For most women Vitex really dries up CM, but a small minority experience the opposite and have more fertile CM than usual. For these women, I think V sways less pink, possibly is even neutral.

StephStorm
May 22nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
I really don't want to stop taking it since I did O this month whether it was the Vitex or not I don't know. Just hate that it may sway girl. I also bought soy iso but think I should pass on it.

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2015, 10:59 AM
It really hasn't been a strong swayer for us if you think it's helping.