PDA

View Full Version : Why is one attempt a sway tactic?

Bobster
May 19th, 2015, 04:57 PM
If it's not to do with poor quality sperm why does one attempt sway at all?
I feel egar to get pregnant quickly but don't want to compromise my sway by multiple attempts which is what we did when we got pregnant with ds.
Does anyone know the chance you have of pregnancy with one be at positive opk?

essnce629
May 20th, 2015, 12:22 AM
No one knows why one attempt seems to sway girl. It is a new sway tactic, but seems to be getting excellent results (70%).

I know that both my boys were conceived with 2 attempts in the fertile window.

purple
May 20th, 2015, 12:40 AM
We had an attempt at O-4 and then one at at OPK+. I think it counts as one attempt as nothing would have been left from the first one.
Anyway, it got me my BFP on only my second cycle.

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2015, 11:45 AM
We don't know why it works. We came into this with tons of ideas and theories and preconceived notions and then were blindsided by our results which were overwhelmingly one attempt (plus girl diet etc) sways strongly pink. It seems very likely that since we have given up other things like timing and pH (which used to be DONE with one attempt) and then continue to get these results, that one attempt is probably the reason why things like timing even appeared to work.

Our results have held steady for years now which is 70-75% with one attempt, 60-65% with 2 attempts, falling to 40-45% with 3 or more. Since we started emphasizing the one attempt our success rates have gone up even as we dropped other things like jellies and antihistamines.

You have a great chance of conception from one intercourse. THere are hundreds of millions of sperm in one shot and positive OPK is the best time for conception.

Bobster
May 20th, 2015, 02:44 PM

Linzshine32
May 20th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I had 3 attempts in my fertile window with DS and only 1 attempt at pos opk with the DD i'm pregnant with. This was my second month trying.

goodmom
May 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Me too conceived my second dd with one attempt :)

purple
May 20th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Is O-4 still on the fertile window?

covered in blue
May 20th, 2015, 08:06 PM
My DH wanted all this swaying stuff explained to him so I just told him that for whatever reason lower sperm count equals more girls and so we only want one lot of sperm meeting the egg and not two. He was happy with that :). I wonder if it's that simple though!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 20th, 2015, 09:32 PM

Technically it could be since Sperm can live 7 days, buy they're like slow ass drunken sailors by then... Most die after 12 hours, and then the decline is steady, most lasting no more than 3-5 days. I wouldn't sweat it Purple. The every 4 days is getting such great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2015, 07:50 AM

If a person was super fertile (as in, on a high fertility diet and husband with uberhigh sperm count) then possibly it could be. But practically speaking, even under ideal circumstances very few pregnancies occur from BD on that day and with swaying, it would be very very difficult for enough sperm to stay alive 4 days from a shot on O-4. THe odds are very high that most if not all sperm from that batch would be dead and gone before your next attempt and thus I qualify that as one shot.

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2015, 07:52 AM
My DH wanted all this swaying stuff explained to him so I just told him that for whatever reason lower sperm count equals more girls and so we only want one lot of sperm meeting the egg and not two. He was happy with that :). I wonder if it's that simple though!

It probably isn't, and there is some primitive communication between the sperm that makes some "sleep" and some "wake up" and that may be something that sways. If the X decide to wake up and the Y's stay asleep until/unless another batch shows up, kind of thing. THere's also the idea that some sperm actually attack other sperm and kill them off.

all4princes
May 22nd, 2015, 09:49 AM
It probably isn't, and there is some primitive communication between the sperm that makes some "sleep" and some "wake up" and that may be something that sways. If the X decide to wake up and the Y's stay asleep until/unless another batch shows up, kind of thing. THere's also the idea that some sperm actually attack other sperm and kill them off.
Atomic, but theres always both sex sperm waiting equally for the egg right? I mean theres always some male and female both there when the egg arrives?

ELP
May 22nd, 2015, 09:57 AM
Maybe with one attempt the body thinks it has to try and conceive the most likely gender to stick as its not gonna get another attempt, but with a few attempts it might think it can take a chance on blue as it knnows theres a regular male around and can have another chance!

I'm pretty sure my last 3 girls were a one attempt aswell:)

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Yes but if 80% of the ones that are awake are X, and only 20% are Y, you can see the X would have a huge advantage (I don't believe it's ever 100%)

Sperm can't fertilize anything when they first come out. THey are dormant. They have a thick cap on the top of them that melts (capacitates) and only after that are the sperm able to fertilize the egg. Once they lose this cap they die fairly quickly but with hte cap on, they can live for days. There is some way that sperm can "talk" to each other so that they are not all losing their cap and dying at the same time. So it may very well be the case that something in the maternal environment is "communicating" to the sperm and making mosly X or mostly Y wake up. Or it may be that something the sperm "tell" each other is doing something. Probably a combination of lots of things

all4princes
May 22nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
Yes but if 80% of the ones that are awake are X, and only 20% are Y, you can see the X would have a huge advantage (I don't believe it's ever 100%)

Sperm can't fertilize anything when they first come out. THey are dormant. They have a thick cap on the top of them that melts (capacitates) and only after that are the sperm able to fertilize the egg. Once they lose this cap they die fairly quickly but with hte cap on, they can live for days. There is some way that sperm can "talk" to each other so that they are not all losing their cap and dying at the same time. So it may very well be the case that something in the maternal environment is "communicating" to the sperm and making mosly X or mostly Y wake up. Or it may be that something the sperm "tell" each other is doing something. Probably a combination of lots of things
Thanks, i understand that!

Dreaming_blue_and_pink
May 22nd, 2015, 10:57 AM
Delete please.

Dreaming_blue_and_pink
May 22nd, 2015, 11:12 AM
Delete please.

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2015, 11:20 AM
O pains do not tell you when you Oed. Even if it worked for you this time (which I am not intentionally trying to doubt your word, I am just trying to talk ANYONE else from using this method and also you yourself from using it in the future). There are tons of things that can cause pain around ovulation and many people even notice worse O pain in the ovary that doesn't even ovulate!

I would just like to clarify since Dreaming chose to delete her posts, that my issue with anything she wrote was simply that she knew when and from what ovary she ovulated from because she felt it. But after researching it extensively I do not believe this to be a plausible method to pinpoint ovulation. Even if it worked for her, and maybe it did, it doesn't mean that it will work for anyone else in any reliable way. I have further explanations of why I believe this to be the case later in the thread and also a discussion of why it's not a good idea to go off O pains.

Dreaming_blue_and_pink
May 22nd, 2015, 11:28 AM
Delete please.

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
THe method I am preventing people from using is dwelling on their ovulation pain to know what side they ovulated from. This is one of those things that most people don't agree with me on at first but I can tell ya after reading the science and talking to about a kajillion people who swore on a stack of Bibles that they had felt their ovulation only to find out later that they had not even ovulated that month at all or had Oed from the other side, I bow to my own (MUCH greater) experience on that one. Disagree all you would like.

I think you need to go back and reread what I said. I said even if it worked this time and that I was not intending to doubt your word. You very well could have felt it. But that does not mean that this is going to be reliable for a single other person on the face of the planet and nor does it mean that it will ever be reliable for you again.

Why does this even matter - because there are theories out there about left sided O making more girls (and who then plan to skip any month they feel any pain on the "wrong side") also people who are trying to use that O pain to time intercourse which doesn't work. I am not disagreeing with you to be a big meanie, I am disagreeing with you to save the many women who may read this thread, time, wasted months of TTC, and heartache. It's my job to keep things accurate FOR EVERYONE despite one person not liking my response.

I do not think either of my responses in this thread was in any way rude or warranted the response.

True Blue
May 22nd, 2015, 11:49 AM
I used to think I could feel my O pains and on which side I had ovulated. Until this year. I have had O type pains before, during and after O so now I know better :oops:
We never truly know what's going on in there :) we can have an idea of what we think is happening but that's as good as we get.

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2015, 11:54 AM
I have absolutely violent O pains from both sides almost every month (pinching, stabbing, mauling LOL) sometimes starting as early as CD 3 and continuing on till days after ovulation in some cases. I've been shown on ultrasound that I only Oed from one side on my last pg despite having really bad pains on both sides. It doesn't matter if it works for one out of 100 people, it just isn't a reliable method. :)

all4princes
May 22nd, 2015, 12:09 PM
THe method I am preventing people from using is dwelling on their ovulation pain to know what side they ovulated from. This is one of those things that most people don't agree with me on at first but I can tell ya after reading the science and talking to about a kajillion people who swore on a stack of Bibles that they had felt their ovulation only to find out later that they had not even ovulated that month at all or had Oed from the other side, I bow to my own (MUCH greater) experience on that one. Disagree all you would like.

I think you need to go back and reread what I said. I said even if it worked this time and that I was not intending to doubt your word. You very well could have felt it. But that does not mean that this is going to be reliable for a single other person on the face of the planet and nor does it mean that it will ever be reliable for you again.

Why does this even matter - because there are theories out there about left sided O making more girls (and who then plan to skip any month they feel any pain on the "wrong side") also people who are trying to use that O pain to time intercourse which doesn't work. I am not disagreeing with you to be a big meanie, I am disagreeing with you to save the many women who may read this thread, time, wasted months of TTC, and heartache. It's my job to keep things accurate FOR EVERYONE despite one person not liking my response.
Well if it helps i never feel pain on any side period, lol. Anyway all this stuff on here is too confusing and has my head spinning reading what everyone thinks or doesn't think can increase your chances for a certain gender. In just going to buy your plan Atomic when the time is closer and stick to what you say in it for the beat chances. I can't be stressed on here reading about everyone else's experience. I know it can help, but it can hurt too dwelling on it. Anyway thanks for this site atomic and your work. :)

True Blue
May 22nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
What I try to keep in mind all4princess is that while people have ideas about what worked for them, theories they heard somewhere etc etc these are all just thought, idea & chance.
What we get with our plans is facts, personalized to each individual on our own unique circumstances and quite a huge database of stats to show it is working :) the added one on one support is a huge advantage too :)

Dreaming_blue_and_pink
May 22nd, 2015, 02:35 PM
I am not trying to offend ANYONE but you guys do understand a plan from atomic is NOT a guarantee of desired gender. She does NOT KNOW what will and won't work for YOU. I don't know if you are referring to me... but my sway WORKED, that is a FACT, not theory or idea. And just as I have my opinions and ideas and thoughts atomic does also. NOT EVERYTHING she says is a fact. For me personally before swaying I liked looking at what other people with girls did and didn't do and also their thoughts about what worked for them even if they weren't FACTS. I thought this site supported that but now that I was told my information is invalid even though NO ONE KNOWS what my body did or didn't do... I'm a little thrown back :(

XXforhubby
May 22nd, 2015, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure what is going on, but I think it's important to give people the benefit of the doubt. No one is challenging you on your sway working- congrats on getting your DG!

It's important to remember that while something worked or didn't work for someone, we have to look at the big picture of what the scientific research and data tells us. The research and the data should be the basis of what we all look at and go to for information. We can look at others' experiences, but we have to keep in mind that every individual is different. That is what Atomic does when making the individual plans. She takes all of the supported research and data and applies it to the specific person based on detailed information that person provides. Each person's plan looks different from one another due to those differences.

No one is saying Atomic, or anyone for that matter, is the gospel. Atomic is a resource and a funnel/transmitter of scientific research and data on swaying. That's it- plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dana-Alicia
May 22nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
I don't know what happed here as you deleted your previous posts Dreaming, but it's not really fair to say getting a plan from AS doesn't guarantee your desired gender. She is always very clear about that, swaying isn't a 100%, but with all the knowledge she has, she has managed to help many many people. Not to say that your tactics don't work, but for me personally I trust AS and I know she has to deal with a lot sometimes on this site. She is not being rude or mean to you, she is just trying to be very clear so no one will be even more confused. Swaying can be very difficult and confusing, so that's why a plan from AS is always a good idea. She will have a good look at a person, asks a lot of questions and tweaks every plan to fit a person. Does it always work? No, unfortunately not. There are no guarantees, ever. Nature can be very stubborn sometimes! I do hope you understand this is nothing personal.

True Blue
May 22nd, 2015, 03:25 PM
Dreaming_blue_and _pink I'm not aiming anything at you & I'm sorry if you felt I was. I know 100% swaying is not a guarantee. All I'm saying is that we would all have ourselves tied in knots if we took on board every little thing people say has worked FOR THEM and try to make it work for us. Simply because what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for everyone.
Atomics sways cannot guarantee our DG and that is stated many times throughout this forum. What it may do is sway the odds in our favor with methods that have been thoroughly researched and are proving to work.
A sway from Atomic is also focused on the health of us moms which is something that is lacking anywhere else.
I'm sorry if you felt I was having a go at you, I'm not.
There was a time I swore to people shettles method worked for me, I now know it doesn't work, it didn't work. The odds are always 50/50 and it was pure coincidence it landed in my favor. If you understand what I'm saying to you is you can't guarantee if something works once that it will work for anyone else, or even for you, if you were to do exactly the same thing again.
I don't think Atomic was saying you were wrong, what I think she was saying is just because it may have worked that way for you doesn't mean it can be applied to others.

I'm so happy your sway worked for you & pray I can say the same one day.

Dreaming_blue_and_pink
May 22nd, 2015, 03:54 PM
I agree with all of you and appreciate you guys being nice.

essnce629
May 23rd, 2015, 05:11 AM
For me personally before swaying I liked looking at what other people with girls did and didn't do and also their thoughts about what worked for them even if they weren't FACTS. I thought this site supported that but now that I was told my information is invalid even though NO ONE KNOWS what my body did or didn't do... I'm a little thrown back :(

If you like reading what other girl moms did to get their girls there's a great thread on here titled "How we made girls...by girl moms!" that's a super long and eye opening read.

Here's the link: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/1877-how-we-made-girls-girl-moms-pink-dust.html

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2015, 08:33 AM
I am not trying to offend ANYONE but you guys do understand a plan from atomic is NOT a guarantee of desired gender. She does NOT KNOW what will and won't work for YOU. I don't know if you are referring to me... but my sway WORKED, that is a FACT, not theory or idea. And just as I have my opinions and ideas and thoughts atomic does also. NOT EVERYTHING she says is a fact. For me personally before swaying I liked looking at what other people with girls did and didn't do and also their thoughts about what worked for them even if they weren't FACTS. I thought this site supported that but now that I was told my information is invalid even though NO ONE KNOWS what my body did or didn't do... I'm a little thrown back :(

I really do not get why this has ANYTHING to do with your sway working or not working. And every person will testify that I have mentioned about a thousand times that a sway plan is not a guarantee of gender and I don't love the implication that I have ever done otherwise.

You're not reading what I wrote. I have now said twice that it may have been true for you. But that doesn't mean that O pain is a reliable way of pinpointing ovulation for any other person or for you in the future. It is not my opinion, it has been studied by scientists in the laboratory and proven that you can't RELIABLY tell when you ovulate on the basis of O pains, symptoms, temping, or any other thing. I have a bookshelf full of studies fertility books written by doctors and researchers that prove that. Plus, my own experience with many more women than one person has confirmed it to me as fact when I have people who think they ovulated from one side based on pain and then go in to ultrasound only to find that they Oed on the other side.

The experience of ONE person (even if true) does not outweigh the experiences of hundreds/thousands. O pain isn't a reliable marker of when/if you ovulated and from what side.

I'm not reading this thread any more because it isn't worth my time to continue to reply to a person who is obviously not reading what I wrote.

Adia
May 23rd, 2015, 08:44 AM
I'm not reading this thread any more because it isn't worth my time to continue to reply to a person who is obviously not reading what I wrote.

Clearly just someone wanting to go in circles and interpret things to fit their argument.
Invest your time elsewhere Atomic, it will most likely be better appreciated on other threads.

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2015, 08:48 AM
Dreaming_blue_and _pink I'm not aiming anything at you & I'm sorry if you felt I was. I know 100% swaying is not a guarantee. All I'm saying is that we would all have ourselves tied in knots if we took on board every little thing people say has worked FOR THEM and try to make it work for us. Simply because what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for everyone.
Atomics sways cannot guarantee our DG and that is stated many times throughout this forum. What it may do is sway the odds in our favor with methods that have been thoroughly researched and are proving to work.
A sway from Atomic is also focused on the health of us moms which is something that is lacking anywhere else.
I'm sorry if you felt I was having a go at you, I'm not.
There was a time I swore to people shettles method worked for me, I now know it doesn't work, it didn't work. The odds are always 50/50 and it was pure coincidence it landed in my favor. If you understand what I'm saying to you is you can't guarantee if something works once that it will work for anyone else, or even for you, if you were to do exactly the same thing again.
I don't think Atomic was saying you were wrong, what I think she was saying is just because it may have worked that way for you doesn't mean it can be applied to others.

I'm so happy your sway worked for you & pray I can say the same one day.

On some of the other sway sites that is exactly what happened. Everyone was trying to do everything that anyone ever showed up saying worked for them. It ended up being horrible and unworkable, ruined peoples lives/marriages/health, took years off their fertility which is a big issue for those who are not 21 years old. People were doing things like having sex 48 hours after ovulation that make it impossible to get pregnant because one person would show up claiming they KNOW they Oed then because of O pains or whatever. I want to facilitate people getting pregnant as possible and also in a healthy and sane way and thus I focus on the things that are going to work best for the other 99 people instead of the one in 100 who possibly really did feel ovulation.

Y'all are always free to do whatever you want in a sway. That's why I leave up the old-school sway advice on the site. But I just encourage people to hear the other side instead of just blindly doing it because someone thinks it worked for them. :)

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2015, 08:49 AM
Clearly just someone wanting to go in circles and interpret things to fit their argument.
Invest your time elsewhere Atomic, it will most likely be better appreciated on other threads.

It was such a good thread though!! Anyone who still has q's on the original topic please start a new one.

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2015, 12:52 PM
You have asked for your info and account to be deleted and I will have that done. I am honestly not sure how I could have been more polite in this thread but I wish you well.

nuthinbutpink
May 23rd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Dreaming- there are no facts when it comes to swaying and we are very clear on that issue. There is way more to swaying than when you O so whatever you think you know to be fact isn't.

I am just now seeing all this...don't see anything offensive...if the site is not for you the easy thing to do is log off.