PDA

View Full Version : DoulaMama's Oops Sway- Results: GIRL!!

DoulaMama
August 13th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Update- Had a 19w u/s and this little peanut is a GIRL :bigsmile:

Well, a bit of history.... I was originally going to try for an April baby, then decided to go to a great midwifery conference next April instead, so I changed my attempt date to the Fall of this year....June/July I had a REALLY wacky cycle(which you can see in my siggy), started what I thought was my period on CD 24-26(had unprotected sex on CD 25 and CD 27 thinking it was cd1 and cd3) and then O'd on CD30!! Anyway...my sway is shoddy....but here it is....

Swaying Attempt - Natural

pH- No idea. I think it was probably in the 7's though- although I did start getting sores in my mouth about 1 week before O day.

Douche - None-

Gels- none :( We didn't even use sylk.

Minerals
Calcium- No
Magnesium - No
Potassium- tried to avoid vegies/fruits with potassium but had some
Sodium -3 wks I tried to avoid as much as possible.

DH Supps- licorice root for 2 months straight. He said it really affected his sex drive. Also, cranberry 2x a day for a month prior.

Dietary Changes - I had started the LE diet just 2-3 weeks before but I was having a really hard time with obsessing. I could almost feel my T levels going up! Anyway, I lost about 6lbs but then I went off the diet about 1 week before I ovulated(not knowing of course!) and had a big bday BBQ dinner on the 23rd. I had a bit to drink and my DH was pretty drunk that night.....(dtd the next evening....pretty sure it was those sperm that made this baby....please tell me that this baby won't be affected by my husbands crazy night!!!)
So, DH and I had no red meat for over a month, we stopped salting our food, drank less milk and ate less cheese. I had probably gained a lb back before I got pregnant.

Did you continue diet after attempt/ how long? No diet at all when I realized I was O'ing I think I was denial and a bit depressed as I get pregnant easily. And wouldn't you know it.... here I am!

caffeine-none other than breakfast tea once a day

DH caffeine- one coffee a day for the past month and a half

Hormones
Nursing- I am still nursing my 13 mos old A LOT. He was nursing about 12x a day when I ovulated-which I'm sure has made my cycles so wacky.
T-levels- no confrontation with anybody..except my kids....grrrrr ;)
Drinks- mostly tea/water- no aspartame.
Supplements - folic acid, vitex 2wks on and 2wks off since Feb of this year.
Benadryl on the day before and day of O.

Exercise- none at all. Became a couch potato.

Timing
BD cutoff (# of days) Exactly 3 days + maybe a few hours(had BAD O pain at hour 74 of cutoff)

Charting O with Temp - Yes

Charting O with OPK - Yes

Suspected O date-Wed. 27th JULY

Ions
Fans going non-stop in my house, 3 salt lamps with one near my computer, lots of outside time.

How many kids do you have? 3 boys

Your Age 29 DH age- 40

BD position - 5 days before O = me on top
3 days before O = doggy
Neither time was shallow....at all...oops

Jump and dump- YES! Thank goodness! I j&d both times pretty much instantly and even checked my cervix after the doggy deed:) Wiped A LOT away but he also released very deep so it's not like it really mattered that much....sigh

EWCM present/how much? Well, when we dtd the first time(July 22) I had quite a bit of bleeding. The bleeding went away a bit the next day, 23rd, and then the night of 24th(2nd BD) I had quite a bit of brown spotting(which looking back was a little odd but I thought I was just having an anovulatory cycle like I had a few months in a row this past Spring- I would have 25 day cycles with no ovulation and then have light bleeding before starting it all again). The brown spotting had quite a bit of ewcm in it. I guess I was a bit worried as after we had dtd I went and checked my cp right away...it was soft, medium height and closed. Over the next 3 days it got to SHOW.

DH undies type - Tighty whitey's
Plus DH drank more this month, had lots of hot baths and had a lower sex drive than ever before. He's been overworked at work and feeling down about the amount on his plate.

OWT - Ha! I had an outfit under the bed...but we dtd on the couch!!!
Chinese gender calendar says girl for once(checked others and it says boy:()....3 mediums have all said girl and one was so incredible and knew very intimate details about my life(stuff that my mom doesn't even know!). I can't help but be a teeensy bit happy that they are saying that:)

Plus, I had a very vivid dream of what I think is my daughter. I've never had a dream like it and never dreamt of a girl at all with my last 3 pregnancies....it's all a bit odd.

Comments? I'm really kicking myself for doing the deed unprotected but at the same time I feel like this little person obviously wanted to come in April. I have this feeling that he/she was pretty excited about coming down(I'm a very spiritual person... :)) in April and then when I changed my plans he/she was not happy about that. I think this is going to be a stubborn little child with a will like my own;)

Gender guess.... I'm guessing girl this time but at the same time I know that I can see myself with 4 boys too. It'll all work out in the end:) I won't be finding out so we shall see in April!

14w2d nub shots are saying GIRL Here is the link:) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5970-Doulamama-s-14w2d-nub-and-potty-shots!

zanacal
August 13th, 2011, 01:44 PM
You know I have everything crossed for you Doula :fx:

... and I love that you made this baby doggy style on your couch after too many drinkies :giggle:

DoulaMama
August 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
You know I have everything crossed for you Doula :fx:

... and I love that you made this baby doggy style on your couch after too many drinkies :giggle:

HAHAHAHA! Thanks Z! mwa!:HH:

XXdreaming
August 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
sounds to me like its a good sway, hope its your baby girl!!!

and what would of caused you to bleed? you said you had quite a bit of bleeding so that would be too much for ovulation wouldnt it? it doesnt really matter lol I was just curious since that seems so odd to me :)

Zivic-Bubac
August 14th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I feel like this little person obviously wanted to come in April. I have this feeling that he/she was pretty excited about coming down(I'm a very spiritual person... :)) in April and then when I changed my plans he/she was not happy about that.
Oh, that is so beautifully said! :HH: I believe that too. I believe your baby was meant to be :HH: (BTW 3 days cut-off sounds like an excellent pink timing :agree:)

I also believe my baby is everywhere around me, just waiting for the right moment to join us from eternity (if that makes any sense)

Don't continue the diet, you're pg, your baby needs every possible nutrient, so go ahead and give yourself a treat! You've suffered enough on LE diet already LOL!

How come you didn't take Ca/Mg? I'm avoiding those like it's poison lol! Except for full fat yogurt half a glass for raising testosterone and some cheese on pizza. I thought Ca/Mg was classical girl minerals?

Anyway, best of luck, can't wait to see your nub-shots and we can obsess together :p Hope it's healthy :XX: you're cookin' in there! :luck:

atomic sagebrush
August 14th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Ya know, I wouldn't feel bad about that attempt at all. I think you did a LOT right and I am of the mind that your DH's big night would only help and not hurt anything. Oopsies are girls more often than not, it seems!!!

Praying and PT for a H and H 9 months and also of course for PINK!!!!

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 12:14 PM
sounds to me like its a good sway, hope its your baby girl!!!

and what would of caused you to bleed? you said you had quite a bit of bleeding so that would be too much for ovulation wouldnt it? it doesnt really matter lol I was just curious since that seems so odd to me :)
I've never bled/spotted for ovulation or implantation so the only thing I can think of is that nursing my 13 mos old created a wacky cycle and maybe the few days before O'ing he nursed less which allowed my hormones to spike enough that I ovulated. I don't know..... It's all very confusing....
Oh and thank-you!!!

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Ya know, I wouldn't feel bad about that attempt at all. I think you did a LOT right and I am of the mind that your DH's big night would only help and not hurt anything. Oopsies are girls more often than not, it seems!!!

Praying and PT for a H and H 9 months and also of course for PINK!!!!

Thanks AS! I appreciate the positive thoughts and prayers:) xo

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Oh, that is so beautifully said! :HH: I believe that too. I believe your baby was meant to be :HH: (BTW 3 days cut-off sounds like an excellent pink timing :agree:)

I also believe my baby is everywhere around me, just waiting for the right moment to join us from eternity (if that makes any sense)

Don't continue the diet, you're pg, your baby needs every possible nutrient, so go ahead and give yourself a treat! You've suffered enough on LE diet already LOL!

How come you didn't take Ca/Mg? I'm avoiding those like it's poison lol! Except for full fat yogurt half a glass for raising testosterone and some cheese on pizza. I thought Ca/Mg was classical girl minerals?

Anyway, best of luck, can't wait to see your nub-shots and we can obsess together :p Hope it's healthy :XX: you're cookin' in there! :luck:

No cal/mag for me! I'm a calcium pig and have 3 boys! No way was I going that route. I ate bucket loads of cheese, milk, sour cream....I really cut out dairy this time around.
Oh and no nub shots....sorry! No u/s at all but even if I did I wouldn't find out because I love the surprise at the end:HH:
Thank-you for your + thoughts!!! xo

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
So, AS, would the massive amounts of nursing(three times the amount I was nursing my other boys when ttc) help my sway? I'm sure that's why I had all the start-stops throughout the cycle, and the bleeding.

begonia
August 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
PINK DUST!!!!!

I just know this is your girl, DM, I just KNOW it!

But even if I'm wrong (:suprise:) this baby is clearly meant to be yours ... I have a soft spot in my heart for surprise babies :HH:
:DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::

And not that I know much about the girl sway action but I do think yours looks pretty great considering you weren't really attempting so :fingers:

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM
PINK DUST!!!!!

I just know this is your girl, DM, I just KNOW it!

But even if I'm wrong (:suprise:) this baby is clearly meant to be yours ... I have a soft spot in my heart for surprise babies :HH:
:DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::

And not that I know much about the girl sway action but I do think yours looks pretty great considering you weren't really attempting so :fingers:

Thanks B:HH: (((HUGS))) to you for being such a sweetie!

mandicane
August 15th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Congrtulations Doulamama!!! Can't wait to find out.

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy! If it helps, both my girls were concieved in July. :)
Can I ask, what do sores in your mouth indicate as far as pH?

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy! If it helps, both my girls were concieved in July. :)
Can I ask, what do sores in your mouth indicate as far as pH?

I think it means acidity... Could be wrong though.

Thanks ladies!!!

Hobbermittens
August 16th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I think it means acidity... Could be wrong though.

Thanks ladies!!!

Oh, gotcha.

I also meant to tell you--one of my girls was also conceived doggy style. I hope you have a little girl in there!

DoulaMama
August 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Oh, gotcha.

I also meant to tell you--one of my girls was also conceived doggy style. I hope you have a little girl in there!

LOL! Thanks Hobber! I need to hear stuff like that! It keeps the hope alive! :D xoxo

Foxy
August 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Good luck!! Sending you lots of pink dust!

Roonarpia
August 19th, 2011, 12:30 PM
OMG I didn't know! Congrats to you!!!!! FX it is your girl :)

DoulaMama
August 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM
OMG I didn't know! Congrats to you!!!!! FX it is your girl :)

Thanks Roon and Foxy! I appreciate the hope and pink dust!!! It means a lot!
How are you, Roon? 6+ weeks to go!!! OMGoodness, how exciting! How are the birth plans coming along? I hope that everything falls into place and it's beautiful!
xo

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2011, 11:35 AM
hey, I wrote an essay on mouth sores and what they mean for swaying (hint - not a darn thing!! ;))

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5166-mouth-sores-and-zits&p=72240#post72240

melissalynay
September 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Congrats and good luck getting your DD....Hope it works as I like when sways work makes me feel better.

DoulaMama
October 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Just wanted to update my thread:) 14w nub and potty shots are screaming "GIRL"!!! Not sure how it happened this time....just so incredibly thankful for finding this site, meeting many incredibly helpful women, and hopefully getting my daughter!!! I'm booking a 17 w u/s soon so I should know for sure in about 2w3d:) So much for not finding out!! HA!!

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all. :)

DoulaMama
October 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
LOL!!! Thank you Atomic! I'm seriously excited!!!!! I keep looking at my nub shots on here and obsessing over them! I really hope that everyone is right and that it's DD1 for me!!!!! Aaaahhhhh!

zanacal
October 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Lol Atomic!

I can't wait for your next scan DM :D

DoulaMama
October 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Lol Atomic!

I can't wait for your next scan DM :D
Thank you Z! Me too!! I can't wait to hear when your scan is!!!! Eeek! So exciting!

zanacal
October 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I'm so nervous about it because it will be the first indication of whether the baby is healthy. I can't think of anything beyond that yet!

DoulaMama
October 23rd, 2011, 01:30 PM
I totally know that feeling because I was there 3 days ago. I was so nervous before she put the wand on my belly- as soon as I saw my little one stretch her arm, I felt so good! I didn't get an NT scan but she showed me the heart, placenta(which is anterior again:( Boo!) etc and then all of a sudden my mind wandered to "what the heck is between the legs!". LOL
I have a good feeling that your little one is fine! xoxo

charlieispy
October 23rd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hope you get your girl x x FX for you x x

Princess
November 17th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Congrads on your girl!

DoulaMama
November 23rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
It's a GIRL!!! :cheerteam:

love being a mummy
November 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
.3 mediums have all said girl and one was so incredible and knew very intimate details about my life(stuff that my mom doesn't even know!). I can't help but be a teeensy bit happy that they are saying that

Plus, I had a very vivid dream of what I think is my daughter. I've never had a dream like it and never dreamt of a girl at all with my last 3 pregnancies....it's all a bit odd.

WOW !!!!! your dream and the mediums were correct. Congrats again on your pretty little princess

Jamie86
November 23rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
Congratulations how awesome!

spidy
November 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hey congratulations, I can imagine how happy you are.

TTC5
November 23rd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Congratul;ations I am soooo happy for you although we all KNEW it was a girl ;)

lobella2
November 24th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Congratulations! that is wonderful news!!!

Belle
November 24th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Congratulations that's great to hear I'm glad

DoulaMama
November 24th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Thank you everyone!!! And yes TTC5...everyone knew it... it was me that was in denial....:rofl: xoxox

gigi16
November 24th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Yay!! Enjoy every minute, congratulations :-)

gizmo77
November 29th, 2011, 03:37 PM
yay! dm congrats sooo happy for you!!!!

happyheart
November 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
CONGRATULATIONS DM!!! I am so very happy for you!!!! :) :) Yay!! :)