PDA

View Full Version : Confused about timing- ttc a girl

daisy4
May 24th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Hi I am new to the site, I have been reading threads about ttc a girl for the past few months. My DH and I BD'd yesterday afternoon, and I thought I would have a positive opk today CD14 since I had a positive on this day the last few months. We were trying to do only 1 cut off attempt with abstaining for 7+ days but now I am debating if I should do a 2nd attempt today, O+12, or just wait and see what happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

covered in blue
May 24th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a good attempt to me. Did you get a positive opk today? If not maybe DTD again on CD 17. Good luck :)

daisy4
May 24th, 2015, 07:27 PM
No it was negative today, I was just reading about BD'ing every 4 days. Thanks

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2015, 11:00 AM
We have found that odds of pink are highest with one attempt so I'd stick with that.

O+12 doesn't work anyway and it shoots yourself in the foot trying to add an attempt to do O+12 - actually lowers your odds of success esp. if you do it too soon. If you do it at actual O+12 you'd prob. already have conceived from the first attempt anyway so stick with htat.

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2015, 11:00 AM
BD every 4 days is a good compromise if you aren't getting pos OPKs.

daisy4
May 28th, 2015, 01:01 PM
:happy:Thanks I didn't make another attempt. I got a postive opk on Tuesday and ovulated yesterday , just waiting now .

atomic sagebrush
May 30th, 2015, 09:16 AM
good luck!