PDA

View Full Version : Girl names are tough!

2boysJustOneGirl
May 29th, 2015, 10:46 AM
I found it way easier to pick names for my boys- Cooper and Jake. Now that my dream girl
Is half baked I am starting to think more about a name. HELP!

I like Grace, Gracie, Gracelynn

Also like Madison but it's not my top pick.

I like Avery too and Dani.

Any other suggestions??

[emoji178]

Rosie85
May 29th, 2015, 11:03 AM
My girl name was Jolene...jojo or joey for short but dh said no. Nora and greta were on our list before but those names were stolen from us! Haha

I also like Camille, Vayla, Harlow, Hattie

2boysJustOneGirl
May 29th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I love Jolene too but it's linked to somebody I know and I can't detach that person from it! Like most names- they remind me of someone I don't want to be reminded of!!!

[emoji178]

2boysJustOneGirl
May 29th, 2015, 12:00 PM
I also love Hannah. But it reminds me of somebody I know!!!

[emoji178]

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2015, 03:01 PM
My brother's daughter is named Avelyn (pronounced like Ava-Lynn). Similar to a couple of your choices. :)

Rosie85
May 29th, 2015, 04:20 PM
My name is Hannah! You should totally go for that one!

foxymrsg
May 29th, 2015, 04:40 PM
My name if I have a dd is Molly, it was Molly grace but have changed the middle name to be be my grandmas name. Good job really as a guy I work with, his wife just had their second daughter.....Molly grace! It's ok though as I'm hoping to have left there before we have another anyway. It'd just be a killer if a close friend or family member had it you know?
I think the girls names you've picked are beautiful

2boysJustOneGirl
May 29th, 2015, 05:19 PM
My name is Hannah! You should totally go for that one!

Now Hannah reminds me of somebody else I know and actually like:)

[emoji178]

Rosie85
May 29th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Haha! Thanks 2boys...i am glad i could change your view!

2boysJustOneGirl
May 29th, 2015, 07:51 PM
How about Maddie Rose? Madelyn maybe? This came to me today and seemed to just click.

[emoji178]

Adia
May 29th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I have a Madeleine Mae. She's normally just Maddie but we do call her Maddie Mae sometimes.

I would have named this baby Georgette Juliana after my grandmothers had it been a girl. I also like Farrah.

Girl names are a breeze for me, its a boy name that has stumped us!

2boysJustOneGirl
May 30th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Love that Adia. I love Rae for a girl and Maddie Rae is sounding very sweet

[emoji178]

atomic sagebrush
May 30th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Can I talk you into using the full name for the first name??? I know a few people who have shortened versions of names and they're always having to explain "no my name is...." when filling out paperwork and stuff.

XXforhubby
May 30th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Can I talk you into using the full name for the first name??? I know a few people who have shortened versions of names and they're always having to explain "no my name is...." when filling out paperwork and stuff.

My grandma has to do that all the time! Her name is Maryann and people always ask her that too! Her middle name is Elizabeth! People then go, Ooh, when she explains!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 30th, 2015, 10:37 AM
:agree: my mom is Beth Ann and has had to explain her whole life she is not Elizabeth. :) (and Beth is actually a name on its own but she still gets it all the time) I have so many friends that are like, "no, really, my name is JUST Jenny/Kathy/Patty"

2boysJustOneGirl
May 30th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the insight! I never thought about it that way. [emoji175]Maddalyn Rae[emoji175]

[emoji178]

XXforhubby
May 30th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the insight! I never thought about it that way. [emoji175]Maddalyn Rae[emoji175]

[emoji178]

Love that name 2boys! I think you found the perfect one for your DD [emoji175]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dana-Alicia
May 30th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Oh Maddalyn Rae is lovely!! I also suggested Avery to my husband today, but he used to live on Avery Hill so had different associations with it. Vayla is also pretty. I also think girl names are easier than boy names. But my husband says no to everything ugh!

Rosie85
May 30th, 2015, 09:04 PM
My husband says no to everything too! If we have a girl he is naming her. He has the name ready to go...i am still getting used to it.

2boysJustOneGirl
May 30th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I just realized that a cousin has Addelyn Mae now mine sounds way too close to that! How about Maddelyn Grace?

[emoji178]

2boysJustOneGirl
May 30th, 2015, 09:20 PM
What is the name Rosie?!?!

[emoji178]

2boysJustOneGirl
June 17th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I think we are leaning towards Grace. That has been "my" girls name forever and it suits this one so far, being my rainbow baby and teaching me the art of accepting life and losses with grace. I need a middle name tho!

Any suggestions?

[emoji178]

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2015, 11:26 AM
That was Suzy's name till the very last minute!! It was our compromise name that we both liked but it just didn't feel like "the" name to me. Love it!

Since it's such a short and simple name I would go frou-frou for the MN LOL