PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on my FSH/ AMH levels

HealthyGirl
June 2nd, 2015, 05:10 PM
Hi
Brief history. I just turned 35 years old and DH is 37.
DS was conceived first month of TTC 2.5 years ago.

I started swaying for a girl in February.
Decided to see an RE just because my insurance covered it and we weren't conceiving after 3 months ( one of the months I had only 1 attempt)

My RE just called to tell me besides being deficient in vitamin D that my AMH level is
1.2 and my FSH is 14. I don't exactly know how bad these numbers are.
I even forgot to ask him what our chances of conceiving naturally is with these kind of numbers.

Can someone please shine some light. I'm starting to panick and I am planning to make my bd attempts in the next couple of days.

Between AMH and FSH which of the 2 is more important as far as fertility?

One thing I should disclose is that last cycle I took femara unsupervised ( 3-4 weeks before lab work)and I'm wondering if the femera is causing elevated FSH levels.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pink rose 76
June 2nd, 2015, 05:30 PM
Hiya,

FSH levels in your follicular stage of your cycle, so before ovulation are best when below 12.
For your AMH are your results European or American, as if they're American I think they're ok. If uk/European then on the low side.

However, if you are trying yourself then these don't play as big a deal as if your were going HT. You only need to catch he one golden egg xx

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2015, 06:19 PM
Please don't panic, we have had people with much worse numbers get pregnant.

AMH is a LOT more important than FSH. FSH 14 isn't great but FSH can go up and down by the month.

Femara isn't supposed to cause elevated FSH like Clomid does, explanation here Women over 40 with HIGH FSH / Infertility: femara (http://www.network54.com/Forum/53068/thread/1299736270/femara)

AT 35, I don't think it's time to worry yet. I would have DH in for SA if he's willing because 9 times out of 10 so far, when we've had a couple on here having trouble conceiving, they tested the woman first and everyone went into a panic about AMH or FSH only to then find out oh gosh it was actually DH all along (and for names, Chessika pops into my head right away but there are probably 6 other people who had the same thing happen.)

The absolute best thing you can to is keep plugging away at TTC. One of these months, the right sperm will meet the right egg and we'll be off to the races. :) I know it's hard to hold on with BFN's happening but it has happened eventually for almost everyone on here even with WAY worse numbers than yours. :)

HealthyGirl
June 2nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks so much Atomic.
I think at this point I just want a sibling for my son. I will be perfectly happy with boy or girl.
I will be making 2 attempts back to back in the next day or so. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
June 2nd, 2015, 08:30 PM
14 is elevated. 10 and under is what they look for. 1.2 is not bad for AMH. AMH is more widely used but knowing your AFC would help put things into perspective.

HealthyGirl
June 2nd, 2015, 10:18 PM
What does FSH of 14 mean as far as TTC naturally?

XXforhubby
June 3rd, 2015, 07:49 AM

Not too much. I mean it is above the optimal number of 10. I was told that it could take longer to conceive naturally and Clomid wouldn't be a good option, but my FSH was 45!!! I conceived on my own, without meds, two months after my last blood work was done. If I can conceive naturally with sky high FSH, you surely can! Like I've said before, I would've been thrilled to have numbers like yours!! Please don't get too hung up on them, ok. I think you have a great shot! Remember, it can take up to 6 months! That's considered normal, even though we didn't experience that with our boys, but it's true! It took me 8 months with this little guy, and while that seemed like ages at the the time, it really isn't in the grand scheme of things.

Hang in there sweetie! I KNOW it will happen for you!!!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

HealthyGirl
June 3rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
Xxforhubby I would love to love to have you as a friend in my life! Love your attitude and positivity about life. You are awesome.

nuthinbutpink
June 3rd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Your AMH is a better indicator than FSH. It's not really low. .75 is the minimum they want to see for AMH so you are well above that. I tested at .75 and 10 FSH at 34 after having three kids the first time trying and had a six month old at the time! So, I don't put too much merit into pretesting because it nothing to do with my natural fertility.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2015, 12:29 PM

It can make it a little harder but not at all insurmountable. It just means that your body has to "yell" a little louder to get the eggs to start developing.