PDA

View Full Version : abnormal embryos

TRL
June 4th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Hi Carole,

I just went through a fresh cycle to try and have a second DD. We had 7 eggs retrieved and all 7 fertilized and all 7 were biopsied. All were abnormal. I am still shocked that we had no normals. Any thought on why this happened?
My age is 35
My husband is 55
Fsh 11.9 I know this is very high
AMH 1.7

Embryo 1 complex abnormal HB bb
Embryo 2 amnormal -4q comp b male
Embryo 3 abnormal +4 -15 EB bc female
Embryo 4 abnormal -22 HB bb female
Embryo 5 abnormal +14 EB b male
Embryo 6 abnormal -5 -6q male comp bc male
Embryo 7 complex abnormal comp bc

I cycled in 2012 last with 8 biopsied on day 5 and ended up with 3 normals. This is where my DD came from.
Just wondering how it got so bad in 3 years?

Thanks for your thoughts,

TRL

nuthinbutpink
June 4th, 2015, 01:03 PM
What did they change after the first 5 cycles to get three normals the 6th time? Were the first five cycles all abnormals too?

TRL
June 4th, 2015, 01:18 PM
What did they change after the first 5 cycles to get three normals the 6th time? Were the first five cycles all abnormals too?

During that time we were only doing 2 probe with Dr.p. Also were day 3 biopsies, but my embryos never recovered fully. Got pregnant with those cycles but had chemicals.
My first two cycles were with another dr. They were not doing much biopsies on embryos. Don't think they had the experience. First cycle we did 2 probe, second cycle we did acgh. We had two normal XX's but not good quality. I am assuming do to the biopsies.

Carole
June 4th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Hi Carole,

I just went through a fresh cycle to try and have a second DD. We had 7 eggs retrieved and all 7 fertilized and all 7 were biopsied. All were abnormal. I am still shocked that we had no normals. Any thought on why this happened?
My age is 35
My husband is 55
Fsh 11.9 I know this is very high
AMH 1.7

Embryo 1 complex abnormal HB bb
Embryo 2 amnormal -4q comp b male
Embryo 3 abnormal +4 -15 EB bc female
Embryo 4 abnormal -22 HB bb female
Embryo 5 abnormal +14 EB b male
Embryo 6 abnormal -5 -6q male comp bc male
Embryo 7 complex abnormal comp bc

I cycled in 2012 last with 8 biopsied on day 5 and ended up with 3 normals. This is where my DD came from.
Just wondering how it got so bad in 3 years?

Thanks for your thoughts,

TRL

Hi Trl,
I am sorry that you are having such a hard time - but your daughter is beautiful! I agree with you that the high FSH likely plays a role in the high numbers of abnormals you have experienced. This is a much better question for your IVF doctor who hopefully is a reproductive endocrinologist and can best explain how LH levels play a role in egg quality. Because IVF seems to be giving you diminishing returns over time, it might not be worth it to do many more cycles. Good Luck with whatever you decide! Carole