PDA

View Full Version : Is this too hard to say/too much of a mouthful???

winogurl
August 15th, 2011, 01:44 PM
We were pretty certain we'd settled on a name but my BFF says it's too hard to say. :( I can't decide…sometimes it does sound like a bit of a mouthful with too many "br" sounds but other times I :awe: it. Her MN has to be a family name…both of our boys have family names as MN…and we are running VERY low on family names we actually like. :rofl: Please be honest…

Harper Aubrey (our last name has a "br" sound in it as well but I am not comfortable posting our LN :().

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I love it! Isn't hard to say at all.

DoulaMama
August 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I love it too!

Indira
August 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Love it too!!

rainbowflower
August 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I think it's fine to say! Most people when saying her name will just miss out the middle name anyway (I think it's the "br" in the middle name that your BFF might have been referring to) when in school or as a professional adult, so it would be Harper Br... and that sounds lovely!

Sunset
August 15th, 2011, 03:56 PM
lovely name!! :)

nuthinbutpink
August 15th, 2011, 04:46 PM
The middle name will never be used in daily life anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

lindi
August 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Its not too much at all! Harper was the name we loved if DS was a girl. And like others have said, you never say the whole name all at once except if they are in really deep trouble ;)

queen-of-harts
August 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I like it! and you will rarely use the middle name in a public/professional setting anyways.

Bambina
August 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Beautiful names!

threeatlast
August 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
great choice

Daisy Mae
August 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I do think it doesn't flow off your tongue as easily as some names, but as others have said, you rarely say them together unless it is a double name. I actually really like the sound of Aubrey Harper.

winogurl
August 16th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I do think it doesn't flow off your tongue as easily as some names, but as others have said, you rarely say them together unless it is a double name. I actually really like the sound of Aubrey Harper.

I really do too…but I would want her to go by Harper and I won't do a MN as an intended day-to-day name. My brother goes by his middle name and it's a huge inconvenience every new year of school, on paperwork, etc. You want to be called Billy (not my brother's name LOL) and yet all your documentation says your name is Steven…just a pain! :( He would literally get called by his first name when he was younger and sit there and not realize someone was addressing him LOL. Quite funny, actually!

Roonarpia
August 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I love it too!

Snowflakes
August 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I really do like the name Harper, in fact I had it on my list of favourite names some time ago. I agree with everyone else here that a middle name is not used a majority of the time.

Even though I am not even pregnant, lately I have been contemplating girl names alot. Every name that my DH & I love just doesn't quite flow with our surname :(

I don't think you need to worry though Winogurl, I think your names sound lovely :)

Flava
August 16th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I don't like the name Harper but I like Aubrey . But that don't matter who care , right? lol
So Im just honest like you asked.
Anyway I think it's not hard to say . Plus 99% of the time everyone will say Harper only.

XXdreaming
August 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I don't like the name Harper but I like Aubrey . But that don't matter who care , right? lol
So Im just honest like you asked.
Anyway I think it's not hard to say . Plus 99% of the time everyone will say Harper only.

Agree :)

Glittergirl
August 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I agree with others! Nobody says the entire name. Most her life they will just call her by first name.

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Agree!

Princess of Pink
April 14th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I love it!!!

Cinss
April 14th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Don't worry about what anyone says, if you love it, keep it.