PDA

View Full Version : Boobs

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thinking of getting some. Such a stupid thing worry about but now that I have lost the baby weight, they are gone. Anyone purchased theirs?

If so, what's the maintenance schedule/upkeep involved. Some told me you have to have them re-done in 10 years??!

Also, what am I going to look like at 70-80 when everything else has fallen but you magically have boobs still??

Liv
January 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Go for it! I am planning on it after DD stops nursing. I think the maintenance on them varies if you silicone vs saline.
My aunt had her boobs done in the 70s, her's are silicone and still look fantastic, she's never had them re-done. She always jokes how everything else is sagging but her boobs! LOL!

She claims that back then she didn't go under general anesthesia. Crazy!
BTW, I am the only person in my circle of friends who doesn't have them.

michaela
January 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat! My SIL had them done and loves them. I also know Beebs has had hers done twice but that was because the first time they were botched and had to have them redone with a good doc.

I would imagine that you would just take them out when you get older, I can't imagine leaving them in until I was 80. LOL! I would definitely PM Beebs, she knows tons and tons about it!

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I just don't want it to make me look big! I want really small ones. I don't want people to see my boobs coming before they see ME.

Anyone know costs?

michaela
January 7th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I just don't want it to make me look big! I want really small ones. I don't want people to see my boobs coming before they see ME.

Anyone know costs?
I just asked Beebs and she said $5-$7k but she though SoCal could be a little more expensive than other places.

I am sure they would work with you on size. When I was looking into getting a reduction I saw people go from A's to C's or even A's to large B's.

Liv
January 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Living in the fake boob capital of the US, I have seen some done really naturally and plenty done over the top. Go in for some consults and look at the surgeons before/after pics.

michaela
January 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Definitely do lots and lots of consults as well as look for referrals. Beebs told me to give you this link. She used to have saline but now has silicone and loves them!
http://www.natrelle.com/

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
January 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I think that this is the site I used to post on

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/

I came close to doing a BA but then I decided to have a 3rd child.

Just make sure you research saline and silicone. You will probably be going back and forth a long time with that.

Then how you want the implant?? With goig through the belly button, you can only get saline.

Definately go for a lot of consults.

I plan on doing a BA maybe sometime after I try pgd and then save up for a new engagement ring that I had lost 2 years ago.

Good luck to you.

The forums are just like this one and people are very helpful.

Oh and as far as size my prepreg weight is like 112 and I am 5 foot. I am not prepreg weight now at all. I have to loose 15 pounds right now.

Anyway I was going to get a full size C. My dh wanted me to get a medium D- He is nuts.

I would even be happy with a medium C.

My size now is a B and I do not like being a B. I think women look attractive with at least a medium C with fitted shirts etc. That is just my opinion though.

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I worry if I do that what my girls would think. I don't want them to have any body issues and I really don't just wanted to try out having boobs! I can imagine as a little girl that it could make you think you aren't good enough the way you are and I preach that to them daily!

Lilian78
January 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Definitely go for it! Mine no longer exist (and my DD even still nurses a little--not sure what I'll end up with after that)--so I too will be getting new (relaivelysmall) ones (apparently after one last go of breastfeeding though). I think if you have enough kids you earn some boobs --I would've been fine with what I got, but they've taken a beating with all these kiddos. As for body image, I think there is a fine line between caring about how you look and sending the wrong impression. But if you're not overly concerned about your body overall, and can send a good message about health, etc., I don't see a problem with a little modification :)

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Definitely go for it! Mine no longer exist (and my DD even still nurses a little--not sure what I'll end up with after that)--so I too will be getting new (relaivelysmall) ones (apparently after one last go of breastfeeding though). I think if you have enough kids you earn some boobs --I would've been fine with what I got, but they've taken a beating with all these kiddos. As for body image, I think there is a fine line between caring about how you look and sending the wrong impression. But if you're not overly concerned about your body overall, and can send a good message about health, etc., I don't see a problem with a little modification :)

and a little lift!

Bee Shine
January 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I am definitely doing it when we are done having kids. Breastfeeding has done a number on my boobs.

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I'm surprised that you are all considering it! You aren't worried about the down time? How would I fit in surgery with raising 4 kids??

RedCanoe
January 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I totally know how you feel... I always had small boobs, but they were cute and perky pre-kids, so I was happy with them. After bf 2 kids they got saggy and completely disappeared, especially after I lost the baby weight after DS#2. I'd definitely consider fixing my boobs and maybe getting the extra skin off my stomach after I'm done having kids...

RedCanoe
January 7th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I'm surprised that you are all considering it! You aren't worried about the down time? How would I fit in surgery with raising 4 kids??

Yeah, there's that... lol. Not to mention the cost, especially if we decide to go HT for #4... sigh.

Liv
January 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I understand that it would be hard to explain to young girls. Hmmm....can you go away for a vacation and then come back looking a little bustier? Would they notice? I can't see my boys noticing...but they are oblivious when I cut my hair, highlight my hair, loose weight, etc...but maybe girls are different.

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
January 7th, 2011, 05:55 PM
When I did research you definately need to have somebody help you after the BA. Either have family come in or hired help. Everything should definately work out. But there are complications also with BAs.

When I went for the interview with the Dr. that does tuba (think that is how it is spelled) he claimed the recovery was 2 days. All other plastic surgeons that I met with said the recovery is much longer.

I was head over heals with tuba. But then I never reseached further and ttced for #3.

http://drvitolo.net/

His BAs cost 9K.

Good luck.

grits
January 8th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Truth? I hate having big boobs and could never imagine anybody lucky enough to have a small cup wanting to go bigger. But I am a 34 DDD so I have nothing positive to say about boobs. When I was bonafide skinny (32 DD) I always looked 20 lbs heavier because of them. I *hate* them and they are at least 50% of all my self image problems.

My advice is to get implants if you need volume post-nursing but to stay the same cup size. But I wouldn't go to a bigger cup size.

fourblessings4me
January 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I've been tossing the idea around... I too don't want over-the-top boobs... but a solid B would be nice. Have heard BA is not bad at all. My neighbor has had a BA done twice. And most recently a TT. The BA's were nothing compared to the tummy tuck. lol. Also, saw a blurb on NBC's, The Doctors about Flash BA. The gal did the BA and was on the show (totally fine) 4 hours later. May be worth looking into. Although, doubt it is widely available.
G/l.