PDA

View Full Version : last minute help with my sway!!

tabitha03
June 9th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I've been referring to this site for a couple months as I gather info on my sway.....Thanks for all the great info! I have learnt so much and feel it's helped me prepare well....most questions I've had have been answered just by reading past forums but just wanted to join properly to get some last minute tips and advice as I'm planning to attempt to get pregnant next cycle.....so a bit about me....I have 2 sons and would love a third child. I was pleased when my second son was a boy but now I'm trying for last baby I'd like to at least see if a girl is possible. Here's what I've done /changed/ think will help conceive girl:
I'm 35 so age is in favor
Hubby has become obsessed with cycling since last child....so I guess all those tight, hot lycras might help girl swimmers win!
I've followed a plan for last 2 months....no bananas , potato, hardly any red eat, no process foods ( I'm generally a very healthy eater but looking at when boys conceived I was eating a lot more " hearty food" which would've favoured boys)
I'm slight with a bmi of 18.5-19 so didn't want to go crazy with diet and ruin chances of getting pregnant... I'm taking magnesium and calcium... eating more dairy, green and light coloured vegetables, berries, cranberry juice and lots of peppermint tea.... I've cut back from 4 to 1.5 coffees a day and switched to white wine instead of red ( impossible to abstain from alcohol as loads of events at moment as well as holiday coming up.....also done research to learn that wine in general can assist conception) I...I've avoided salt and snacking and eaten white rice, pasta rather than whole grain, more nutrient rich options.....I've lost a little weight but can't really afford to lose more.
On the other side of things I've done some ion stuff, lots of lavender products and oil burning....wearing rose quartz earnings and have baby girl outfit under bed!
I will ovulate in New moon next month and will be on holidays in warm climate by the sea when ovulation occurs.
Hubby is going to take liquorice root tabs this month....he us 40, doesn't drink much but will have red wine the week of ttc . We plan to have sex every day from end of period til 2.5 days cut off with hot bath before....I will take Sudafed on day ttc and also do a vinegar douche before.

This seems like a lot but I'm wondering if I've missed things?? Advice would be appreciated. I

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2015, 12:54 PM
:agree: with hubby cycling, that is one of the most scientifically proven sway tactics there is with very good studies showing more daughters conceived to men who cycle.

There are a lot of nitpicky things that I personally disagree with in your sway (it's more of an old school InGender type sway, which is fine and totally at your discretion) but I will hit the biggies:

We are finding both coffee and alcohol to sway pink for us. The idea that coffee swayed blue has been TOTALLY 110% debunked and I hate to see anyone cut back of caffeine for a sway because you may end up inadvertently making yourself more fertile and swaying blue.

White wine is dandy for TTC a girl!

Don't lose any more weight, I like people at your BMI to hold steady where you are.

Your husband should leave out the licorice IMO because at his age and with that level of cycling, I fear he will really harm his sperm health by adding the licorice on top of those things.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT have sex every day. WE are getting 70-75% success for pink with ONE attempt. Having all those attempts will not help you get pregnant (because your husband will very likely be shooting dust by then!!) and it may sway blue. we don't know why having more attempts is more blue friendly, but that has been overwhelmingly the case for us and it's just not a great idea.

Sudafed has been linked to strokes in younger women and should be avoided. If you see visible CM, you can use antihistamine like cetirizine 6 hours before or diphenhydramine 1-2 hours before instead.

I am not a huge fan of douching but that is one of those things that is up to you - if you do go this route, I would leave out the Sudafed/antihistamine and just do the douche, not both. One douche 4-6 hours before attempt, do not do the lime tampons or frequent douches after sex that the otehr sites recommend.

tabitha03
June 10th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Thanks so much for your quick reply. I have read so much online that it's become overwhelming with the conflicting information put there. I'm glad to hear your thoughts on the Sudafed and douching....those ore extreme aspects of swaying were not sitting well with me. Also glad about the coffee...I'll go back to my 3 per day this month.
I'll follow your advice with hubby not taking liquorice root and try for 1 attempt next cycle. Is 3 day cut off best? I bought a ov test lit last month and had faint lines 3 days and then strong line on day 15. So I'm estimating that I attempt on day 12 or when I get faint line. Is this correct?
Also, just in relation to diet...I'm not skipping breakfast but have changed my diet significantly. Is this enough? Is there anything I should especially focus on in this last month....and in the 2ww? Anything special I should do then?
I really appreciate your response... you seem to be very knowledgeable and respected so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Hi again Tabitha.

Timing doesn't sway at all (and most of us have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites to prove it!) IF you want to use a cutoff, I strongly suggest no more than a 2 day cutoff because 3 days or longer is really going to cut your odds of conception considerably.

You can't tell based on what happened in previous months, the type of pattern you'll get on your OPK. There is no "rule" that they stay consistent for anyone from month to month and swaying has dramatically changed the patterns that people see on their OPK. Do you have regular cycles? If not, if possible I would hold off till you get a line that is dark, but not yet positive. faint lines can literally go on for weeks without ovulating (and if your hubby were to pee on an OPK - he could get those faint lines too!!) Faint lines do not necessarily mean anything. :)

I can never say what is enough, my darn crystal ball is broken down right now. But I do believe that any changes yu make in a pink-friendly direction will only help your chances. The LE Diet is NOT the type of diet where you have to do EVERYthing or you have no chance. Any changes you make will help. I put a lot of stuff into the diet for the handful of people who want to do everything, but it really is fine to stick with the things that feel "right" to you - right meaning...things you've seen other girl moms do, things that you know you'll stick with, things that may have been different from when you conceived your boys - you don't need to compare to any other swayer, just do what you feel good about doing. :)

tabitha03
June 13th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Thanks again for your help. The suggestion to do the opposite seems to make sense given that my diet and bedroom routine were very similar with both boys. I have been pregnant with a girl previously which I sadly lost at week 13. This was in between my boys ( they're a few years appart)....the lead up to this pregnancy was very different as I'd gone through some big life changes....I'd lost weight and had been on a vegetarian diet for 3 months prior( lifestyle choices....nothing to do with swaying then as I just wanted a second child) so in hindsight perhaps that diet had supported an xx...or just luck of the draw....in any case I suppose it does make me feel like I have the ability to conceive a girl and perhaps why I still feel my family us incomplete without her...in any case....I'll take the advice all on board and see what life has in store for e.

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Just don't carry "do the opposite" to extremes - Do the things that have worked for most people, most of the time, and then only on the things you are really not sure about, you can try doing the opposite. (Like, you could say, I ate eggs every day with my boys, this time I will not do that).

tabitha03
June 18th, 2015, 01:15 AM
My af has arrived a few days early which has me a bit panicked.....just because I feel like it's closer to my first attempt. 1 attempt was suggested due to hubbys age. Should he be realeasing in next week ? Is 7 days abstinence recommended before my attempt or is his cycling every other day enough? I am now skipping breakfast which I told myself I can handle for 1 months so will continue this til hopefully I get a bpf! When af leaves I'll wait til darkish line on opk and then have 1 attempt with antihistamine..... very nervous and exciting..... we'll be on holidays together in the 2ww so be great to get a bfp....just want to make sure make the right decision with frequency as don't want to jeopardise my attempt.

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Frequency has not gotten the results to justify its existence. Most people want to use it at first but should be one of the first things to drop if BFN.

Since you are 35 I am assuming hubby is that old or older so I never use abstain with any men over 35 except in very rare cases (usually because the couple wants it). Just not my preference as it does not make the best quality sperm and may slightly increase risks of health issues with baby.

If you must do frequency then most would have hubby release daily for 7-10 days before that one attempt. With the cycling that is probably going to give poor odds of conception but you may want to give it a try that first month just to be sure you can't get pg that way.

tabitha03
June 19th, 2015, 05:09 PM
So just to be clear....he should release daily for 7 days but I should actually only have 1 attempt after this? I'm just confused because your previous reply urged me not to have sex every day...I'm assuming realeasing....sorry if TMI means nothing is actually going inside me until our 1 attempt? Sorry for all questions but I've only a few days to go and I've given us 3 months now to attempt after 10 weeks on diet before packing up the bassinet. Want to make sure I understand the final, important part or else I might as well go and eat a bowl of fries and banana pie!

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Him releasing is NOT having sex. Having sex is him completing the transaction inside you. Him releasing is him cleaning the pipes either on his own or with you, with a condom. Nothing goes inside you (with a condom is ok) until that one attempt.

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2015, 05:34 PM
if you have 3 month time limit I BEG you not to douche or use antihistamine!

tabitha03
June 19th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks for your quick reply! Makes perfect sense. I'm about ten days away from my attempt now. Not eating between 7.30pm and noon and will continue this until hopefully get bfp...Should I continue to take mag, calcium and folic acid in this time? I'm drinking cranberry and adding sweetner sachets to it which I only feel comfortable doing in this 2 weeks to lower ph.... also decided on antihistamine instead of douche. Following pur attempt we'll be on holidays during my 2ww so hopefully the sun, sand ,sea will load me with negative ions and keep me relaxed. Thanks again for this helpful site and all the info....my hubby was very skeptical at first but there's plenty of research to back up the theories. I'll be sure to let you know how I go...

tabitha03
June 19th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Just saw your second post 're antihistamine. Will take that advice if that's your recommendation .

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2015, 03:58 PM
If you believe in cal-mag then you must take it continually and not stop taking it till BFP and then gradually wean off. The "take the 2ww off to save money" that some of the sites tell you to do is not only bad for a sway but also dangerous (if cal-mag sways, then stopping and starting it is a dumb idea, and it's also not good for health to stop/start supplements sddenly)

ALWAYS continue to take folic acid. Never stop folic until you are out of the first trimester of pregnancy and then gradually wean off over the span of 3-4 weeks by gradually spacing doses till you're down to the amount in your prenatal and that amount is ok to continue.

Neither RepH. or antihistamine has gotten good results (about the overall success rates of the site) and they both have really cut odds of conception, so anyone with a limited window for TTC needs to leave them out from the start. :)

tabitha03
July 3rd, 2015, 04:09 AM
Firstly, love the new profile pic! I assume this is your lovely poster child for ttc pink success?! Adorable. com!! Anyway.....just excited to inform you that I have made my 1 attempt....I will post everything later but in a nutshell I feel quietly confident. Hubby did fr from Sunday til Tuesday... think we missed a day within the ten days...on the Wed I had a kind of dark line on the opk and thought it was business time but felt really stressed. Hubby was exhausted at bed time and insisted we wait a day....luckily I had atomic in my head repeating that timing doesn't sway or I'd be having a meltdown!!! Anyway.... I gave poor hubby the night off and hopes it would not matter too much. Last night was prefect...my son's had played all afternoon in the yard and it was so sweet to see....I really feel I made peace with welcoming another boy if that was the universe's plan for us. So we put kids to bed, had lovely hot bath and chatted about whole process...and prepared for our 1 attempt....missionary , as recommended... was easy for me not to have big o as that position does nothing for me. Did end up having zyrtec for 4 days leading up to last night as well as today, despite advice but only because I actually got a bit of a cold ( Made me realise how nuts swaying can make you a I literally got a bit excited as I was falling ill in time for ov as it sways girl!!)....anyway, very quick attempt with rose quartz , lavender diffusing and girls little jacket under pillow! Tried hard to ignore full moon illuminating our bedroom as sways boy apparently! all in I am happy with attempt. Thanks again for all the advice . Will keep you posted :)

maidentomother
July 3rd, 2015, 05:14 AM
Full Moon doesn't sway boy. Most women O around the Full Moon. Good luck!

tabitha03
July 4th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Thank you! I don't really believe in the moon's either...and even if I did...it would take months to mess with your cycle enough to alter it into a different moon phase. I do believe in zodiac though and we're in female sign cancerian and the Chinese calendar which is correct for both my boys suggests girl for mtypoy next 2 cycles. You might be able to tell me...where do a most my sway with the questionnaire list? Or do I wait til I get a bfp or gender determined before I do that?

tabitha03
July 4th, 2015, 03:53 AM
Also...another thing I'm concerned about is I only got a really strong opk this morning and dtd about 36 hours before that ...so depending on how long my luetal phase lasts I might have left too long a gap before ov?? That said....I've also read that older women ( I'm 35 if that's old) have a much shorter space from luetal surge to ov in which case I might be ok. We'll find out soon! I know I am supposed to continue with skipping bfast in the 2ww ....I'm on holidays next week and would like to relax a bit more....what's people's opinions on continuing with diet til 6 days post attempt and then loosening up a bit?? I'm not suggesting salty fries and banana splits every day....just being able to eat healthy, try local food without stressing its compromising my sway.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
July 5th, 2015, 09:33 AM
That's interesting about the length of time between surge and O for older women. Wonder if it's true. My last cycle it was quick. I had a one day positive, next day O cycle. This one was 2 days of positives and I think day 3 is O. I'm 39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
July 5th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Haha yes she is my poster child!! :)

Don't worry about the full moon, it's one of those things that probably matters not at all. Sending you a ton of pink dust!!!

tabitha03
July 6th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Thanks so much. I will keep you posted x

Boysboys
July 6th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Following to see what happens! We are also swaying girl. Got a BFN this month so onto July we go!! Looking forward to seeing your results!! :)

tabitha03
August 24th, 2015, 06:49 AM
So I've been MIA for a few weeks. At the end of my holidays last month I was 3 days late and very excited but got AF just before boarding plane home :(.... Was pretty sad even though was only month 1 of attempt. I didn't attempt last cycle as felt a bit conflicted. I've still tried to eat girl friendly diet with lots of greens, dairy and berries but limited meat and potatoes and banana....but not as extreme as the 2 months lead up to that first attempt I was tossing up weather to try this month as still really want another baby and since hubby and I have come down with a cold I figure its worth a shot with sickness swaying pink! I OV on a couple days so will see what happens. I think i may have actually made my body too acidic last attempt?? Combo of FR for hubby, diet, antihistamine might have made me too hostile for the strongest sperm!
....hopefully with the cold and one planned attempt in fertile window this time we will be lucky. Fingers crossed.

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Your body doesn't "get acidic" that has been debunked. Your VJ may get more acidic when you dry up your EWCM around ovulation but if your body actually got acidic, you would die.

I personally do not think avoiding bananas or potatoes works for pink swaying but that one attempt is golden so keep it up! Good luck.

tabitha03
August 26th, 2015, 06:09 PM
That's good news as making banana bread for my boys right now and it smells amazing! I think I am ov now or very soon so thanks for your wishes!

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2015, 02:32 PM
I def. ate banana bread sometimes when I got my DD! :) enjoy.