PDA

View Full Version : BBT External Influences?

TaytumJ
June 11th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Just a quick question on external influences for BBT: the last two nights it's been pretty warm here (90s) and I'm wondering if that's influencing my BBT readings. We sleep upstairs so even though the a/c is on it's not keeping the room as cool as it used to be. We have a fan running on us though and I still use a light sheet/blanket in the middle of the night. I'm just wondering if that's what's causing high temps? Of course I JUST got a Provera prescription to begin Clomid next cycle, but don't want to start in case I did actually O. It's suppose to cool down the next few days so I might wait and see what it does then before starting, but just wanted to know your thoughts on the subject!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Yes, it can, but I agree with that temp rise that it is wisest to wait to see if it comes down or not. :)

twointow83
June 11th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I temp vaginally to avoid as many external factors as possible affecting my chart... temp is unavoidable. BBTs will be affected by external temp because our body in general is affected by temp. BIG BUT- I have NEVER seen it jump like yours is! A 1/10th degree or two, sure! MAYBE even 3/10ths... But you have jumped nearly a full degree in the last 3 days! My educated opinion is that you ovulated! There is always a margin for error when it comes to interpreting a chart snce our bodies sometimes like to fool us but if you put your CL at 97.6 you are still WELL above that for the last 2 days. I also see from your previous chart that you have what is known as a "slow rise" where your temps climb in increments and that is what it appears to be doing this cycle. It also apears that, assuming an unprotected BD that you have a well timed BD! (2-3 days before O). I am not sure how timing and frequency works on the boy sway side of the equation, but sway aside pregnancy appears to be possible based on BD timing. Tomorrow's temp could tell us a lot. you need 3 temps above the CL to confirm OV (CM & CP help with confirmation but that info is not given so we can just go by temps) so if tomorrow's temp is high I'd say O is confirmed (again, always a margin for error, but it looks solid to me). If it drops below though give it another day or two before taking the progesterone as it could just be a "fallback rise" and if so it should pop right back up. If it doesn't then you know it was a fluke :) HTH!

TaytumJ
June 11th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks, ladies! I feel like I was so sure that O wasn't going to happen naturally that I didn't worry about BD and those missing temps were a girl's vacay I went on so we weren't able to BD at all and was so tired from coming back.

I feel like this happened to me last time - my sway and timing is shot and then I O. [emoji15] Here's to hoping if it is O then diet was still somewhat good for blue regardless of other factors.

twointow83
June 11th, 2015, 01:06 PM
TTC can be challenging, esp when you have a life lol ;) Sometimes it can feel like a full time job! They say the diet is most important part so :fingers:

TaytumJ
June 11th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Yes! Especially when you have crazy long cycles and just feel like you're wasting OPKs or when you do get a +OPK you don't actually O!

I at least take comfort in the fact that XX had the same O-2 and still got a DS. And atomic with her O-4. We'll see what happens in the next few days!

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Diet and prenatals are getting great results for blue anyway. :)

twointow83
June 11th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Prenatals sway blue?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

TaytumJ
June 11th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I've been on prenatals (since Oct) and 1000mg Vit D (since January) so I feel good! And aside from lots of drinks with the girls this weekend I still stuck to a pretty good diet, so FX!

TaytumJ
June 12th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Looks like it was O! On to 2WW now. [emoji4]

XXforhubby
June 12th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Looks like it was O! On to 2WW now. [emoji4]

Yay! Here is more of my persistent, baby boy dust [emoji4]!

[emoji597][emoji92][emoji170][emoji843][emoji170][emoji94]

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

twointow83
June 12th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Yay! Congrats :fingers: for your :DS:!!

twointow83
June 12th, 2015, 10:00 AM
BTW, it looks like FF refuses to call it. You may need to override it. With your slow rise it may not be sure where to put the crosshairs, lol. You can always undo or change it later if necessary. Your chart, your choice but looking at your chart I'd put your CL @ 97.6 with O on CD 28 :)

TaytumJ
June 12th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Yay! Here is more of my persistent, baby boy dust [emoji4]!

[emoji597][emoji92][emoji170][emoji843][emoji170][emoji94]

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

Thanks XX! I will definitely want ALL of it! <3

BTW, it looks like FF refuses to call it. You may need to override it. With your slow rise it may not be sure where to put the crosshairs, lol. You can always undo or change it later if necessary. Your chart, your choice but looking at your chart I'd put your CL @ 97.6 with O on CD 28 :)

I was super bummed today when FF didn't give me crosshairs. I've only had them once since TTC in October so they make me really happy. How do I override them? I am fairly confident it was O because last night was cooler, and we put an extra A/C unit in our bedroom and had the fan on so it was much cooler than it's been the past few days in there and it was the highest temp yet.

EDIT: Never mind - I figured out how to override! :)

twointow83
June 12th, 2015, 11:10 AM
I think your slow rise is why FF is reluctant. I see it didn't give you crosshairs last cycle either even though you obvious O'd. I think it's programed to look for shifts like mine ( a huge jump all at once) so it may "see" a slow rise as just a progression of temps and not an actual rise. But know you know how to do the crosshairs for the software and can see them every ovulatory cycle :D

maidentomother
June 12th, 2015, 12:09 PM
FF really sucks lately at accurately calling O. I definitely agree that you've Oed. External temps shouldn't affect your temps THAT much snd sustained over days.

Fx for you!

TaytumJ
June 12th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Thanks for all your help ladies! Now I just need to stop googling boys conceived with one attempt. [emoji6]

You guys are so awesome and amazing - I'm so blessed I found my way here. [emoji177][emoji92]

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2015, 04:25 PM
FF really sucks lately at accurately calling O. I definitely agree that you've Oed. External temps shouldn't affect your temps THAT much snd sustained over days.

Fx for you!

:agree: I think they have altered their algorithm or what ever they use to calculate!

maidentomother
June 13th, 2015, 06:24 AM
:agree: I think they have altered their logarithm or what ever they use to calculate!

I'm convinced they have bc they are getting O right only about 50% (at most!) of the time lately, from what I've seen.