PDA

View Full Version : Post D&C, pre-PP AF cramps question

twointow83
June 13th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I had a D&C May 7th after learning our baby had no HB @ just shy of 8 weeks. I am awaiting AF (first since D&C) due in 5-6 days. Yesterday I had some cramps that were extremely strong but just felt like AF cramps on steroids. Tonight though I am having sharp shooting pains. They come in waves, one wave being shooting pains over and over for a couple mins and the second wave it relief for a couple mins and it lasts for about 30 mins before stopping for awhile. Is this normal? I have heard your first AF after D&C can be miserable but, like I said, I have at least another 5 days before it shows.

Rosie85
June 14th, 2015, 01:47 AM
So sorry for your loss. I went through two recently myself.

After a d&c your cycle can arrive early or late. Also...the pains are normal. My first period after mine was very painful and very very very heavy. Actually the 4 periods after were as well. Everyone is different of course but a d&c is unnatural and i think it is expected to experience some extra pain and other chnages for a bit before your body regulates again.

Summerstown
June 14th, 2015, 04:57 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss xx

My first period after a miscarriage was really painful - and felt as though my body was prepping for it for ages.
Try not to worry about what day it comes on (unless it is super late) as it is very likely it wont come on the expected day. My was day 23 after miscarriage and then day 31 (I was usually every 28 days). Hope this helps xx

twointow83
June 14th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Thank you. Af is definitely gonna be late by my norm but I chart so I have a pretty good handle on when to expect it. Sounds like the next couple weeks are going to be fun. .. thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

ImmiNAddi
August 18th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Two - can you help me out at all... I have no idea when to expect my next period after having had my D & C last Tues. My Dr just said it should come within the next 6weeks - which was not very helpful! Lol. I am wanting to try and catch the first egg of I can. I would start charting but I'm not sure how to start up again in FF? Thanks for any wisdom you might be able to share xx

**Update - my FS rang this afternoon with my blood results from this morning. She said my hcg is down from 16000 to 400 and my progesterone is 1. She told me to expect a bleed in about 3 days time? I hadn't been told this by my OB/GYN who did the surgery... thank god she told me to expect it or I would of been so worried when it started!
She said we will test all of my numbers again in a week and also test my E2 to watch it rise and catch the first egg, so at least now I can breathe a little easier trying to work out when to 'dtd' - now to get the husband on board - willingly or not... :suprise:

twointow83
August 18th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Two - can you help me out at all... I have no idea when to expect my next period after having had my D & C last Tues. My Dr just said it should come within the next 6weeks - which was not very helpful! Lol. I am wanting to try and catch the first egg of I can. I would start charting but I'm not sure how to start up again in FF? Thanks for any wisdom you might be able to share xx

**Update - my FS rang this afternoon with my blood results from this morning. She said my hcg is down from 16000 to 400 and my progesterone is 1. She told me to expect a bleed in about 3 days time? I hadn't been told this by my OB/GYN who did the surgery... thank god she told me to expect it or I would of been so worried when it started!
She said we will test all of my numbers again in a week and also test my E2 to watch it rise and catch the first egg, so at least now I can breathe a little easier trying to work out when to 'dtd' - now to get the husband on board - willingly or not... :suprise:
Everybody is different, sometimes you get AF before first PP O, like I did after first loss. Sometimes you O before first PPAF like I did with 2nd loss (and d&c). In both cases though it was about a month from loss to O or AF. All I can recommend is to test out the hcg with hpts and opks. That will give you more definitive knowledge than anyone else can. Once your hcg reaches 0 (hpts will be - before this, that is when I switched to OPKs) you will either O or AF will show. As an added bonus, if you are already testing with opks you'll see an LH surge if you are about to O. HTH. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'll do my best to answer.

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2015, 03:07 PM
I think it was wrong of them to say "expect a bleed in 3 days' time" as I have never once heard something like this ever told to anyone.

Please let me know if this actually does occur if you can because this is not something I have ever seen work out. I was under the impression that they literally could not tell????

twointow83
August 18th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I think it was wrong of them to say "expect a bleed in 3 days' time" as I have never once heard something like this ever told to anyone.

Please let me know if this actually does occur if you can because this is not something I have ever seen work out. I was under the impression that they literally could not tell????
This is what I was thinking...

ImmiNAddi
August 18th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I was very confused too - I would of thought that all of the 'stuff' was gone because of the surgery? I am wondering if she thought that I still had to have the miscarriage? She wasn't the dr who did the surgery (she has been away for the last week or so). I'm thinking she was telling me when to expect to miscarry? She did say that it will be not like a normal bleed, saying there would be lots of 'skin' type bits etc....
My Ob who did the surgery said that a period would come in the next 6 wks etc

twointow83
August 18th, 2015, 05:45 PM
I was very confused too - I would of thought that all of the 'stuff' was gone because of the surgery? I am wondering if she thought that I still had to have the miscarriage? She wasn't the dr who did the surgery (she has been away for the last week or so). I'm thinking she was telling me when to expect to miscarry? She did say that it will be not like a normal bleed, saying there would be lots of 'skin' type bits etc....
My Ob who did the surgery said that a period would come in the next 6 wks etc
That sounds more likely but even still nobody can know for sure. Each time is different for each woman.