PDA

View Full Version : Another dtd question....

Ashforblue
June 15th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I should prob know this, but it seems like the closer I get to O then the less I remember my plan of action!!! So here it is... I know that it's been said to get in the 5 attempts to dtd the day b4 you think you'll O.... So I THINK I'll O tomorrow but we dtd last night.... So if I do get a positive tomorrow, & we dtdt tonight, I'll have like 6-7 attempts in the fertile window... Is that too much? Should I go ahead & skip tonight? :think:

sc1411
June 15th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Why do you think you'll get 6-7 attempts? The fertile window is like 4 days(?) and I don't think it matters in those 4 days, the more the better. I would tonight and tomorrow morning. Were you doing every other day before last night?

Ashforblue
June 15th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Sorry I meant I'll get a positive opk tomorrow not actually O.... So that would make it like 6-7 attempts if I get the + opk tomorrow right?? & yes I have been every other day since AF left...

True Blue
June 15th, 2015, 05:31 PM
That's fine, you could skip tonight if you wanted but it's not too many attempts :)

Good Luck!!

Ashforblue
June 15th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I think I will... Hubby's going to get some wine to help me relax since in stressing so much... Hoping this will help ease it....

sc1411
June 15th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Oh, then I would skip also and do 3 attempts at posOPK ig possible:) GL!

Adia
June 15th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Personally, I wouldn't think about it this much. I would just DTD as much as possible as you get closer to ovulation. The more sperm the better.

TBH, we had been DTD a lot because we went on holiday by ourselves for a wedding over the weekend before we conceived. I almost forgot about swaying once we got back from our trip and went back to work. I remembered a few nights before my ovulation and took an OPK.
We ended up DTD eod for about 5 days and then two days in a row around ovulation.

Take all that energy to get DH wound up so he won't burn out before ovulation!!

Ashforblue
June 15th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Your right, I know I'm close to O since the days of ewcm, so we will go for it tonight! My husband is all for it & def up for the challange!! I think this will really take the stress out of it!! I will not let opks rule my life, lol!! I really appreciate the feed back ladies!!

goodmom
June 16th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Ash ... this happened to me i had so many plans and as soon i saw +opk ... i was totally lost ... i just dtd as much as possible through ovulation ...as i read somewhere where atomic said its more about the sperm meets the egg theory ... so just enjoy and have a great time ...

True Blue
June 16th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I'm considering dropping OPKs next time, I have a plan in mind to DTD eod and add a few extra attempts around the time we should O.

Trying to relax a bit more as I have gotten quite stressed.

Ashforblue
June 16th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I agree, opks are not helping stress levels.... Well, had another negative opk today.... I guess O will be pretty late :( going back to EOD.... Maybe I'll have a surge this afternoon..

True Blue
June 16th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Ash they can go from negative to positive fairly quickly.
How are you doing your tests? Are you making sure to have at least a 4 hour hold?

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2015, 11:56 AM
There is no too much as long as you're in the fertile window. Don't even worry about it.

In the fertile window, you are just adding more and more sperm that can survive. Even if individual batches are smaller, they add up. 10 mil x 6 attempts = 60 million sperm.

The only thing that people need to be aware of, is that many blue swayers husbands can't DTD that much. So if they start too soon and/or O is delayed, when they try to go for that many attempts back to back, this can backfire if they start their attempts before the fertile window opens. Example, starting daily BD 5 days before O, trying for attempt every day, but then no swimmers from O-5,4,3 are even able to survive. Then he's tired and can't BD on O-2, then a kid comes in the bed O-1, he has to work early, then ends up being only one attempt...even if he puts out 20 mil. sperm that final time, it will be less and many of them will not have time to capacitate. Hopefully that makes sense

Ashforblue
June 16th, 2015, 01:15 PM
I see!!my husband is always up for it so I think I'm fine there.... So anytime we have ewcm means we are in the fertile window right? I've had that for the last 4-5 days.... If my opk stays negative should I skip tonight since I've done it the last 2 days in a row or go for it if my hubby wants (which he always does, lol) the latest my O has been is cd17 and I'm on cd14 now..... Sorry for all the Q's!!

Ashforblue
June 16th, 2015, 01:22 PM
True~ I'll try to hold for 3 hrs but I think 4 is beyond me, lol.. I drink water & tea waaayyyy to much!! Only if it's fmu is it possible!

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Yes, within reason though. I have had some weird months lately where I started getting EWCM as early as CD 3, and that is obvi not in the fertile window

I would have you skip a day to be sure he can bring his A game, but you are a better judge of that than me. My hubs could def. go that much. Totally your call to make.

Ashforblue
June 16th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I think I will skip tonight just to make sure!