PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
As many of you have already read, I keep losing weight, so I am terrified of trying to sway in October if I can't gain a little soon. I thought maybe if I listed a sample menu, maybe I could get some suggestions on what I could add/subtract to make me gain some weight.

Breakfast: either dates and nuts, or peanut butter oatmeal (no milk)

Green tea
pineapple juice w/ ACV

snack: beef jerky, potato chips, banana

Lunch: tomato soup and a baked potato, ham, and a pear; or a ham sandwich and a piece of fruit; or a peanut butter sandwich

snack: more beef jerky and potato chips

Pineapple juice, or V8 with nutritional yeast flakes

Dinner: Salad, meat of some kind, and a starch.

Bedtime snack: dried fruit and nuts

LolaInLove
August 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hmmm, what are you doing differently than before when you weren't losing? Your diet looks good.....I guess you could just eat more.

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I swear it is all the sugar I am not eating, and I think that stupid Atkins diet changed something in me so I am just losing!! Horrible. Who would have thought? The ONE time I am supposed to gain and I can't!! I never should have done that diet. :( I started out at 159 lbs, and am now down to 143, and I haven't been doing Atkins since July!! I don't get it!

LolaInLove
August 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Wow, it seems like it totally sped up your metabolism or something. I think that is great, except for blue swaying, not so much! But you know what, I don't know if you should worry about it so much. I know TONS of girls who ate very balanced healthy diets and were very thin and had boys, so it's not like you have to be tipping the scales to conceive a boy. Maybe you could just up all of the food intake and even adds some sugar and more fats in until you ttc?

LolaInLove
August 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Oh, and I was just thinking about how I have lost a few pounds in the last few weeks because I stopped eating burgers and chips and such. Now, I eat all day long, but just little bits of healthy protein +carbs. I am not too worried about it swaying pink or anything because it's not like I'm in famine mode, just healthier feast mode. I don't know, I hope that is true, at least!

Flava
August 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hobber Im sorry:hugs:

Maybe you have to eat a little more or add other foods too. Like

"Breakfast: either dates and nuts, or peanut butter oatmeal (no milk)

Green tea
pineapple juice w/ ACV:"

try to eat eggs with bacon , or cook the oatmeal in whole milk , or pancakes, or hashbrown and so...you can add to all this dry fruit or fruit and juice.
Don't drink ACV before noon!

I think your lunch is fine maybe eat more then 1 sandwich and more fruit?

Same with snacks you can add more veggie /fruit and dark chocolate is good too!

"Dinner: Salad, meat of some kind, and a starch."

Maybe you can add potato or rice or pasta to the meat and not just salad ?
Just because you want to stop loosing weight.
Eh I do that and Im fat duhhh no wonder LOL.

Bedtime snack I eat the same thing like you ! And again you can have 1 more banana and dark chocolate!
Cant think of anything else. Try this and HTH!

zanacal
August 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
To me that doesn't look like very much food. Swaying aside, because I'm not 100% on what you are/aren't eating:

Breakfast - I'm interested in how you're having oatmeal without milk, are you making it with water? That seems quite diet friendly to me. Could you eat your oatmeal then have the peanut butter on a couple of slices of toast?

Lunch - a sandwich or a sandwich and fruit seems very little (to a big eater like me!). I would have (if I was eating my normal diet not if I was swaying blue!) that but also a bag of crisps/potato chips, a cereal bar and a yogurt.

Dinner - Maybe increase the amount of starch and add a sauce of some sort? Do you like curries?

Are you avoiding cheese? That's a sure fire way to put on weight! Regarding your snacks, you have my sympathies, banana and beef sounds yuck!

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Maybe you could just up all of the food intake and even adds some sugar and more fats in until you ttc?

Aren't we supposed to avoid sugar? If we could have sweets, I would be gaining a ton, I am sure, because I could down a box of twinkies in a sitting!

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Flava--Why can't I drink ACV before noon?? I do it all the time! :worry:

I am trying to avoid dairy, so I can't make the oatmeal with milk. But I guess I can try to add some bacon or sausage. I just don't have any more room in my tummy for extra food! :(

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 02:54 PM
To me that doesn't look like very much food. Swaying aside, because I'm not 100% on what you are/aren't eating:

Breakfast - I'm interested in how you're having oatmeal without milk, are you making it with water? That seems quite diet friendly to me. Could you eat your oatmeal then have the peanut butter on a couple of slices of toast?

Lunch - a sandwich or a sandwich and fruit seems very little (to a big eater like me!). I would have (if I was eating my normal diet not if I was swaying blue!) that but also a bag of crisps/potato chips, a cereal bar and a yogurt.

Dinner - Maybe increase the amount of starch and add a sauce of some sort? Do you like curries?

Are you avoiding cheese? That's a sure fire way to put on weight! Regarding your snacks, you have my sympathies, banana and beef sounds yuck!

I will try to eat more :worry: but I really don't think I can hold any more! I am avoiding dairy, so cheese is out. Too bad, I know. I could have pizza every day otherwise!

For lunch today I had a corndog, a hotdog, AND a fried burrito! Maybe that will help.

gizmo77
August 17th, 2011, 03:03 PM
heres what i eat:

diet:
-wake at 7:30am, get ready, eat larabar within 15 min of waking
-get kids ready, feed them
-breakfast: cereal (weetabix with regular sugar with 1% milk (or coconut milk), or speciak K. eat this with 4oz of ground beef or 2 boiled eggs and 2.5 oz of a meat, or 2-4 slices turkey bacon (protein must equal 30g)

-snack: banana, 2-3 oz ground beef or beef jerky, or left over veggies (potatoes, green beans), cauliflower, 4-5 cherry tomoatoes or 5 baby carrots or dried apricots (5).

-lunch: salad of iceberg, 5 baby carrots, cherry toms. 4 oz ground beef. or 2-3 hot dogs with ketchup and mustard (ive been weaning hot dogs tho bc i cant stand eating crappy anymore! besides the amount of protein in ground beef or meat that you cook at home is higher than the amountof protein in a hot dog..i THINK. if my protein doesnt reach 30g, than i eat an additional bowl of cereal (special K..it has 6g of protein per cup) with coconut milk.

-afternoon snack1: 2 hours later: 8oz v8 with NYF

-afternoon snack2: leftover fruit from my girls' snack, and dried apricots and raisins 1/2 cup, and 2 beef jerkies and some random veggie (cherrytomoato, baby carrots). i try to have at LEAST 6g of protein for snacks (so that my daily total is 100g of protein)

-dinner: 4oz of meat (chicken or beef) with veggies (bell peppers, onions, green bean,s potatoes (every day), a tomoato based sauce like salsa (with fajitas). i try to limit rice and tortillas/breads but focus on veggies. if i dont feel full (i normally do) ill have more dried apricots.

snack: banana, dried apricot, and beef jerky

ive stopped my dark choc for now

-lemon water replaces regular water all day. (except i bring up a glass of plain water at night)

i think atomic says if you eat sugar with protein its okay but its preferred to be good sugars (ex:in fruits). good sugars (good carbs/complex carbs) are fruits, vegies, whole grains (i think). simple sugars (that cause crashes) are rices, breads, pastas (espl white). really bad sugars (bad carbs) are twinkies, brownies choc cakes (yummmm) ;-)

i personally think you should add more food. in thebeginning i was stuffing myself and my body couldnt handle all teh extra protein. i was getting tummy aches, etc. then after a week it got used to eat. its been about a month now alittle over, and im just now pooping less (sorry TMI). i dont knowif thats a good thing or bad, but with me doing weights im hoping all that food is being used for energy or building. whereas a lot ofis was going to waste. i was pooping like 3-4 times a day big to medium loads!!! now just 2wice!

HTH and sorry for the gross descriptions!

gizmo77
August 17th, 2011, 03:05 PM

I am trying to avoid dairy, so I can't make the oatmeal with milk. But I guess I can try to add some bacon or sausage. I just don't have any more room in my tummy for extra food! :(

perhaps atkins DID change your metabolism. anytime i dieted it was low everything so my tummy got used to eating little and i would get full REAL FAST. di dyou recently stop the atkins? you can change your body itll just take time..up to a month i think personally. you just have to stretch that stomach a little at a time if youw ant to add more food. i mean you may have to poop after every meal but as long as it isnt diarrhea it should be ok, youre body is getting used to it. just my 2 cents i could be wrong!!

gizmo77
August 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM

ACV in the AM causes blood sugars to drop. so you should start drinking in PM after lunch. (i got that from IG)

begonia
August 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Gizmo you have got it down, girl! That looks perfect to me!

Hobber I think yours looks great too! I really second what Lola said re: focusing on eating healthy. IMO the weight gain is NOT the most important thing about the diet, it is protein+carbs, increasing your nutrient intake compared to what you used to have, eating often, and getting plenty of protein. The only thing I think you could do is up the quantity of what you're eating, because what you're eating looks right on target in terms of the items themselves. Or like Flava suggested, maybe add a couple hardboiled eggs to your breakfast? Some bacon?

Flava
August 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
ACV in the AM causes blood sugars to drop. so you should start drinking in PM after lunch. (i got that from IG)

yeah same here lol So I start drinking that after lunch

Flava
August 17th, 2011, 04:22 PM
gizmo - I wish I can eat like you and know all the protein in like that! But I just can't do it!:mad:
All I can do is to eat meat 3 times /day and I will add beef jerky to snacks from now on. Hope I can do it because I got sick and tired of jerky with my last sway.

I also wish I can use the bathroom like you!:rofl:http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj184/befje/smileys0/bf-citroenwcsmiley.gif
I eat more but don't go more just once a day.Ok there is more stuff but only that one time.:bigsmile:

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 05:47 PM
heres what i eat:

diet:
-breakfast: cereal (weetabix with regular sugar with 1% milk (or coconut milk), or speciak K. eat this with 4oz of ground beef or 2 boiled eggs and 2.5 oz of a meat, or 2-4 slices turkey bacon (protein must equal 30g)

-snack: banana, 2-3 oz ground beef or beef jerky, or left over veggies (potatoes, green beans), cauliflower, 4-5 cherry tomoatoes or 5 baby carrots or dried apricots (5).

-lunch: salad of iceberg, 5 baby carrots, cherry toms. 4 oz ground beef. or 2-3 hot dogs with ketchup and mustard (ive been weaning hot dogs tho bc i cant stand eating crappy anymore! besides the amount of protein in ground beef or meat that you cook at home is higher than the amountof protein in a hot dog..i THINK. if my protein doesnt reach 30g, than i eat an additional bowl of cereal (special K..it has 6g of protein per cup) with coconut milk.

-afternoon snack2: leftover fruit from my girls' snack, and dried apricots and raisins 1/2 cup, and 2 beef jerkies and some random veggie (cherrytomoato, baby carrots). i try to have at LEAST 6g of protein for snacks (so that my daily total is 100g of protein)

-dinner: 4oz of meat (chicken or beef) with veggies (bell peppers, onions, green bean,s potatoes (every day), a tomoato based sauce like salsa (with fajitas). i try to limit rice and tortillas/breads but focus on veggies. if i dont feel full (i normally do) ill have more dried apricots.

-lemon water replaces regular water all day. (except i bring up a glass of plain water at night)

i think atomic says if you eat sugar with protein its okay but its preferred to be good sugars (ex:in fruits). good sugars (good carbs/complex carbs) are fruits, vegies, whole grains (i think). simple sugars (that cause crashes) are rices, breads, pastas (espl white). really bad sugars (bad carbs) are twinkies, brownies choc cakes (yummmm) ;-)

i personally think you should add more food. in thebeginning i was stuffing myself and my body couldnt handle all teh extra protein. i was getting tummy aches, etc. then after a week it got used to eat. its been about a month now alittle over, and im just now pooping less (sorry TMI). i dont knowif thats a good thing or bad, but with me doing weights im hoping all that food is being used for energy or building. whereas a lot ofis was going to waste. i was pooping like 3-4 times a day big to medium loads!!! now just 2wice!

Holy cow! I don't think I could eat all that!!! I guess I need to try though. Thanks for the list. I will try to copy your diet!!

I just ate a boiled egg with mayo and a small salad for a snack, and drank a glass of juice, and I am stuffed! I need to stretch out my stomach, apparently!

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Oh and thanks ladies for the tips and about the ACV. I will start drinking it in the PM now. I wonder if it is okay to drink the ACV right after drinking BS drink or will it go crazy in my stomach?

DoulaMama
August 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Oh and thanks ladies for the tips and about the ACV. I will start drinking it in the PM now. I wonder if it is okay to drink the ACV right after drinking BS drink or will it go crazy in my stomach?

I know I'm not on this thread...but I read your last post and wanted to say that I drink ACV with BS whenever a hint of a UTI comes on and it's never been a problem:) Just wanted to share~ xo

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I know I'm not on this thread...but I read your last post and wanted to say that I drink ACV with BS whenever a hint of a UTI comes on and it's never been a problem:) Just wanted to share~ xo

THanks! :)

Hobbermittens
August 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM
gizmo-- what kind of coconut milk do you use? The kind in a can or what?

gizmo77
August 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM
so delicious coconut milk

http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/

it has teh least amount of calcium. i coudnt find unfortified rice milk in our grocery store. but 10% isnt bad!

Hobbermittens
August 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I haven't seen that before... is it refrigerated? I live in the boonies, so I bet they don't have it here. Maybe I can special order it from my grocery. Which flavor do you get, plain?

LolaInLove
August 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I do the ACV in the afternoon as well. Be sure you mix the right ratios that are on the bottle, though, because I made it way too strong the first time and practically burnt my throat with it. Was like acid going down! My dad has been drinking it forever with cranberry and orange juice, and loves it. But I guess cranberry is still a no-no in boy land.

gizmo77
August 18th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I haven't seen that before... is it refrigerated? I live in the boonies, so I bet they don't have it here. Maybe I can special order it from my grocery. Which flavor do you get, plain?

yes it is refrigerated, in a 1/2 gallon carton. i got the plain last week and this week im trying vanilla. nutritional content is the same so i thought why not. it doesnt taste bad actually. i used to be lactose intolerant and would drink fat free lactaid. which tastes like water and coffee creamer to me. but this stuff is lighter than 1% (what i normally drink) and it doesnt taste artificial. doesnt even taste like coconuts! but then again i havent really drank at plain..only with cereal. i like it, but i just miss the thickness from cows milk. but its temporary.
im sure you can order online. you could probably adopt online these days.

btw its in the non dairy milk section of my grocery store..rice milk, soy milk, lactose free milks, etc.

Hobbermittens
August 18th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I found a health food store that carries it in the "big city" (60 miles from us--where they have Coscto, Target, etc) so I will pick some up when I go shopping there this weekend. Thanks for the tip!

atomic sagebrush
August 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Aren't we supposed to avoid sugar? If we could have sweets, I would be gaining a ton, I am sure, because I could down a box of twinkies in a sitting!

Just eat protein WITH the sweets and they are fine. The only thing you must avoid is sweets alone by themselves, with nothing else for several hours.

atomic sagebrush
August 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Oh, and I was just thinking about how I have lost a few pounds in the last few weeks because I stopped eating burgers and chips and such. Now, I eat all day long, but just little bits of healthy protein +carbs. I am not too worried about it swaying pink or anything because it's not like I'm in famine mode, just healthier feast mode. I don't know, I hope that is true, at least!

I DO think that is true. I have talked to enough people who say they were losing when they conceived both boys and girls to know that it's not a 100% deal.

atomic sagebrush
August 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM

I am not terribly concerned about ACV before noon. If it was that effective, people would be using it to control their diabetes and yet they don't.

atomic sagebrush
August 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Just to be clear, that is a misinterpretation of my advice to be sure to eat breakfast. For reasons that I do not understand, they have turned that into "you have to have high blood sugar in the morning". No, you need to have good blood sugar levels ALL DAY LONG. So eat regular snacks, protien and carbs at every meal, and try to eat breakfast and a bedtime snack.

I would not waste a second of energy worrying about ACV in the morning. If you like ACV in the morning, that is just fine. ACV ~may~ have some minor effect on lowering blood sugar but like I said above, if it worked very well at all people would be using it instead of medicine for their diabetes and they don't.

atomic sagebrush
August 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
heres what i eat:

diet:

Giz that is brilliant!!!:bowdown:

If you eat protein with carbs, even simple carbs are ok. The reason why it's generally better to go for complex carbs is because they tend to be more nutrient-dense than simple carbs are, so you're getting more "bang for your buck" in terms of calories, which is important for most blue swayers who are gaining too much and need to maximize nutrition while minimizing calories. (if you only have 500 cals to spare, why not make it 500 cals plus nutrients rather than 500 cals of high-fructose corn syrup) But since Hobber is LOSING weight, she can get away with adding some empty calories. Hope that makes sense.

b3blue
August 21st, 2011, 05:59 AM
heres what i eat:

diet:

I'm printing this and taking it to the store LOL. Fantastic! It's going to be hard to cut back on bread. I love sandwiches. OP I'm with everyone else, eat more more more!

Hobbermittens
August 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I have been forcing myself to eat lots of eggs (hard boiled, mainly.) I thought there was something in the eggs that wasn't recommended, but I can't remember what, so I hadn't been eating very many (not a huge fan anyway so I didn't miss them). Anyway, they are helping me get more protein, so I hope they are okay to eat a few of a day.

Oh, and gizmo, I got some of that coconut milk! I also got some special K to go with it. Which kind do you eat? I got the vanilla almond because it was on sale.

gizmo77
August 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
glad you found the coconut milk. itried the vanilla flavored coconut milk and dont like it much. it remindsme of melted vanilla ice cream. but its ok until im done with it. wow, i had no idea i was doing that great! actually i thin i could do so much better..like adding more veggies and less of the prcessed stuff. as of now, i HATE hot dogs! i cant stand the consistency, they taste so fake to me. but i have ti finsih my last pack this week or DH will make me work on the railroad. ;-)

b3blue, i also miss sandwiches. for me i cant really eat them too much unless im pregnant bc i gain SO much weight with bread but i LOOVE my jimmy johns!

hobber, on IG i believe, they said no yolk for eggs bc yolk contains sme calcium..i checked and it was something like only 6% of calcium or 23g (dont quote). for me, i figured it takes too much time to "de-yolk" rather than just eat it. i already spend SOO much time in MY personal meal prep..that i keep forgetting my kids' names. 6% of ca, HOPEFULLY wont hurt me, im still drinking some kind of milk plus there will always be some amount of calcium in veggies that i may not know about either! ill just limit to what i can. and i think fo rm e personally i may have overloaded with calcium while TTC my DDs. plus eating a hard boiled egg WITH yolk defly fills me up better. id have to eat like 6eggwhites to get me just satisfied.

as far as special K, i just go with original. ive gotten really used to it and i love the light taste. i tired the choc one and didnt like it. im used to 'not-so-sugary' things nowadays that if i eat something with some sugar its like guzzling a a cup of sugar...

thanks everyone !! that felt good! ;-) but mostly glad i could help..since you all help me!!!

atomic sagebrush
August 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I have been forcing myself to eat lots of eggs (hard boiled, mainly.) I thought there was something in the eggs that wasn't recommended, but I can't remember what, so I hadn't been eating very many (not a huge fan anyway so I didn't miss them). Anyway, they are helping me get more protein, so I hope they are okay to eat a few of a day.

Oh, and gizmo, I got some of that coconut milk! I also got some special K to go with it. Which kind do you eat? I got the vanilla almond because it was on sale.

I think eggs are awesome for TTC blue (protein, good fats, and cholesterol, plus lots of nutrients too, all for fairly low calorie costs) but the FGD is against them because they have the wrong minerals and then IG is also against eggs for blue because they have the wrong minerals and also have "progesterone" (but they don't REALLY have progesterone, because you don't get progesterone from diet, your body makes all the progesterone it needs)

atomic sagebrush
August 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM

I think eggs are awesome for TTC blue (protein, good fats, and cholesterol, plus lots of nutrients too, all for fairly low calorie costs) but the FGD is against them because they have the wrong minerals and then IG is also against eggs for blue because they have the wrong minerals and also have "progesterone" (but they don't REALLY have progesterone, because you don't get progesterone from diet, your body makes all the progesterone it needs)

atomic sagebrush
August 27th, 2011, 11:40 AM
glad you found the coconut milk. itried the vanilla flavored coconut milk and dont like it much. it remindsme of melted vanilla ice cream. but its ok until im done with it. wow, i had no idea i was doing that great! actually i thin i could do so much better..like adding more veggies and less of the prcessed stuff. as of now, i HATE hot dogs! i cant stand the consistency, they taste so fake to me. but i have ti finsih my last pack this week or DH will make me work on the railroad. ;-)

b3blue, i also miss sandwiches. for me i cant really eat them too much unless im pregnant bc i gain SO much weight with bread but i LOOVE my jimmy johns!

hobber, on IG i believe, they said no yolk for eggs bc yolk contains sme calcium..i checked and it was something like only 6% of calcium or 23g (dont quote). for me, i figured it takes too much time to "de-yolk" rather than just eat it. i already spend SOO much time in MY personal meal prep..that i keep forgetting my kids' names. 6% of ca, HOPEFULLY wont hurt me, im still drinking some kind of milk plus there will always be some amount of calcium in veggies that i may not know about either! ill just limit to what i can. and i think fo rm e personally i may have overloaded with calcium while TTC my DDs. plus eating a hard boiled egg WITH yolk defly fills me up better. id have to eat like 6eggwhites to get me just satisfied.

as far as special K, i just go with original. ive gotten really used to it and i love the light taste. i tired the choc one and didnt like it. im used to 'not-so-sugary' things nowadays that if i eat something with some sugar its like guzzling a a cup of sugar...

thanks everyone !! that felt good! ;-) but mostly glad i could help..since you all help me!!!

1)I don't love the vanilla coconut milk either! It's either too sweet or not sweet enough. I either get plain or choc.

2)Hey, I really do think you're doing a fantastic job. There's always something that can be improved upon, you know?? If you don't like hot dogs, don't eat them! I promise that most of the boys who've ever been conceived were done without benefit of hot dogs (well, in a manner of speaking ;))

3)Yes, the amount of calcium in a yolk is SO tiny it's really ridiculous to avoid them. You have a certain amount of calcium to play with even if you are following the mineral recommendations (300-400 mg calcium a day) and eggs are a perfect way to "spend" them. Eating egg whites totally defeats the purpose of the eggs though because the fats and cholesterol is in the yolk (plus most of the other nutrients) and that's what your body uses to make testosterone and estrogen from in the first place. Not eating eggs is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

4)One of my IG friends just conceived a baby boy eating tons of Special K!!! :agree: Just be sure you're getting SOME protein with the Special K because it burns off quick otherwise!

atomic sagebrush
August 27th, 2011, 11:40 AM

1)I don't love the vanilla coconut milk either! It's either too sweet or not sweet enough. I either get plain or choc.

2)Hey, I really do think you're doing a fantastic job. There's always something that can be improved upon, you know?? If you don't like hot dogs, don't eat them! I promise that most of the boys who've ever been conceived were done without benefit of hot dogs (well, in a manner of speaking ;))

3)Yes, the amount of calcium in a yolk is SO tiny it's really a bit silly to avoid them completely. You have a certain amount of calcium to play with even if you are following the mineral recommendations (300-400 mg calcium a day) and eggs are a perfect way to "spend" them. Eating egg whites totally defeats the purpose of the eggs though because the fats and cholesterol is in the yolk (plus most of the other nutrients) and that's what your body uses to make testosterone and estrogen from in the first place. Not eating eggs is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

4)One of my IG friends just conceived a baby boy eating tons of Special K!!! :agree: Just be sure you're getting SOME protein with the Special K because it burns off quick otherwise!

gizmo77
August 27th, 2011, 02:58 PM

3)Yes, the amount of calcium in a yolk is SO tiny it's really a bit silly to avoid them completely. You have a certain amount of calcium to play with even if you are following the mineral recommendations (300-400 mg calcium a day) and eggs are a perfect way to "spend" them. Eating egg whites totally defeats the purpose of the eggs though because the fats and cholesterol is in the yolk (plus most of the other nutrients) and that's what your body uses to make testosterone and estrogen from in the first place. Not eating eggs is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

i agree about the yolks...it does more good than not!!! i am DONE with hot dogs..finally! now just cooking tons of meat ahead of time for snacks brkfst and lunches. and im almost SO over beef jerkies too. the thing with me is, even tho i consider myself a creature of habit, i cant handle "non nutritious" foods too long. my dh LOVES mcD's i can eat it once or twice in a week but thats IT!! i get sick of eating grease. while beef jerkies have all the protein..i still feel like im eating something...well...PROCESSED! (and it is). so i cant handle it for too long. cereals im ok with tho!
thanks for tip about speciak K. i was assuming im using the protein IN the cereal for my protein in that meal.

atomic sagebrush
August 27th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately, the "protein" in cereal is really not a complete protein and there's not much of it, so it's best to have some protein from another source at the same time. (Dairy counts as a complete protein if you are including that.)

Hobbermittens
August 27th, 2011, 05:20 PM
1) I promise that most of the boys who've ever been conceived were done without benefit of hot dogs (well, in a manner of speaking ;))
!

This made me laugh... thanks Atomic!

gizmo77
August 27th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately, the "protein" in cereal is really not a complete protein and there's not much of it, so it's best to have some protein from another source at the same time. (Dairy counts as a complete protein if you are including that.)

gotchya! thanks!