PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound Findings at CD2

fefecooks
June 20th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Ok. Ultrasound found large fibroid, 5 follicles on each side and endo lining of 12. Can anyone explain?

nuthinbutpink
June 20th, 2015, 09:13 AM
12 is thick for day 2. A uterine fibroid??

fefecooks
June 20th, 2015, 09:21 AM
I'm assuming yes.

True Blue
June 20th, 2015, 09:23 AM
I don't understand much about this but I had an ultrasound on CD21 and my lining was 6mm (I worried it was on the thin side).

nuthinbutpink
June 20th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Did they say where the fibroid is/what kid? Are you having TTC issues?

Typical lining starts at 3mm after AF and grow 1mm per day. Starting at 12mm, I am not sure where that puts you after O and what that kind of thickness means with a fibroid. I am assuming they want additional tests.

fefecooks
June 20th, 2015, 11:38 AM
I just overheard these terms as they were doing the ultrasound. They will be following up with me after the CD9 sonohistogram and blood work today.

twointow83
June 20th, 2015, 11:49 AM
I can't speak for the rest but I had fibroids when I was a teen. They put me on BCPs to get rid of them. The follicle part means you have 10 follicles maturing an egg for ovulation. This doesn't mean you will ovulate that many as eggs mature at different rates and the first to mature is the one(s) released. The rest, I think, reabsorb into the body and the body starts all over if necessary next cycle.

nuthinbutpink
June 20th, 2015, 12:30 PM
The ten follicles are antrals. One mature egg will be recruited and ovulate. That's all normal.

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2015, 06:03 PM
I just overheard these terms as they were doing the ultrasound. They will be following up with me after the CD9 sonohistogram and blood work today.

Do not worry about fibroids. It is not unusual at all and hardly ever cause any issues whatsoever.

5 follies on both sides perfectly normal at this stage of the game. :agree:

Are you sure you heard right on the endo lining?? Any possibility they were talking about something else?

fefecooks
June 20th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Do not worry about fibroids. It is not unusual at all and hardly ever cause any issues whatsoever.

5 follies on both sides perfectly normal at this stage of the game. :agree:

Are you sure you heard right on the endo lining?? Any possibility they were talking about something else?
I guess I could have heard wrong. She did say that every thing looked good accept fibroid. I'll get clarity after my sonohystogram on Friday. I guess I'm wondering why my gyno never told me about this. Can you not see it with a pap?

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2015, 07:13 PM
No, fibroids are growths in the uterine wall and it's GOOD if they can't see them on a Pap (you DON'T want a fibroid to grow down around your cervix as it can jeopardize a pregnancy.) Seriously, betwen 50-70% of women have at least one depending on age, weight, ethnicity and it is really not a big deal unless it's massive or else right on your cervix. I know it sounds scary but 95 times out of 100 it is nothing to worry about and even when it is, they can usually fix them.

fefecooks
June 20th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Ok, great! Once they remove it, how long do you have to wait before TTC again?

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2015, 01:16 PM
They are probably not going to need to remove it. If they suggest it, get a second opinion to be sure it's necessary.

If they do need to, it would vary how long it would take to TTC again depending on the size, location, and how easily it came out. :) Sorry wish I could pin it down more than that but it's really a variable thing.

fefecooks
June 22nd, 2015, 08:17 AM
Don't they usually prevent pregnancy? Why do you think it's best to leave it. I'm 38.

fefecooks
June 23rd, 2015, 01:00 AM
Experiencing cramping after blood flow. Is this related to the fibroid? My blood flow is becoming shorter and shorter. I only bleed for 3 days now.

twointow83
June 23rd, 2015, 11:16 AM
Experiencing cramping after blood flow. Is this related to the fibroid? My blood flow is becoming shorter and shorter. I only bleed for 3 days now.
Everyone experiences pain in their own way, but for me my pains would make my knees buckle underneath me. That is why my mom took me to the doc. The best way I can describe how it felt for me was that it was like an electric shock shot from low in my pelvis and down through my hoo-ha. The pains were completely unpredictable. I'd go 2-3 days with no pain then have them several times in one day or a couple random times a day for a few days in a row... there was no pattern to it. HTH.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

fefecooks
June 23rd, 2015, 11:18 AM
Ok. No, thanks! It's not that bad. Just not what I've been used to over the years especially after blood flow stops.

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Don't they usually prevent pregnancy? Why do you think it's best to leave it. I'm 38.

NO, no, a thousand times no, they do NOT usually prevent pregnancy. Of the people reading this forum right now 50-70% of us have small fibroids if not large ones. They are NORMAL as we age and the older we get, the heavier set we are, the higher % of us have them.

They used to remove them all the time assuming that they interfered with pregnancy and then they learned that while very very rarely a large or badly positioned fibroid can be harmful to a pregnancy, removing them is MUCH worse and can cause long term greater risk of miscarriage and now most doctors simply leave them alone and monitor the bigger ones. If your doctor is hot and heavy on removing one (especially if said doctor is older than 50 or so) get a second opinion.

If you are looking at the fibroid for explanations of cramps and lighter periods you need to stop what you're doing and reread the part where 50-70% of all women have them. This is not something to even worry about unless it is super huge or in a really low down position on your uterus.

Many of us are noticing shorter cycles while swaying and it may be the diet at work. 3 day periods are NORMAL. That is actually GOOD for fibroids too BTW because lower estrogen = shorter, lighter period = smaller fibroid. :)

fefecooks
June 26th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Good to know! Thanks! Sonohistogram in the AM!!

fefecooks
June 26th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Ok. He says it must be removed because it's 5×5 cm and the chances of having a baby grow full term when I do get pregnant are really slim and miscarriage is very likely. It's located on top of the uterus filling up the entire womb. Says its probably been there since my 20s. He also said only one tube is open probably due to an infection earlier in life. He's recommending the surgery that opens me up or robotically. 2 weeks off of work for recovery. He says that we have to wait a minimum of 4 months before trying again after surgery. He says we can test hubby's sperm first to rule this out which will be in 2 weeks. He says that if we need IVF, we need to get started right away because of the clock factor. He says 40% success at my age. Thoughts?

fefecooks
June 26th, 2015, 12:46 PM
There's also polyps that need to come out as well.

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Ok, while I would still get a second opinion to be sure that is def. not what we'd want to hear.

Odds of IVF success at 38 are more like 20-30% range. Not 40%. That seems very optimistic and I just checked several sources and all listed between 20-30%. I really want you to talk to a different doctor before proceeding!!!

Sorry if I should know this but have they tested your ovarian reserve??? That makes a big difference in the results.

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2015, 03:48 PM
read some of the sizes of these ladies' fibroids! 10cm fibroid together with pregnancy | BabyCenter (http://www.babycenter.com/400_10cm-fibroid-together-with-pregnancy_1990650_19.bc) I'm obviously not a doctor and can't advise if it needs to come out or not, but I do know that in the past fibroids were medically overmanaged and it's not even clear if having them removed even helps people to get pregnant. Contemporary Management of Fibroids in Pregnancy (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2876319/) This article also seems to indicate that one fibroid alone does not increase odds of miscarriage, it's having more than one.

fefecooks
June 26th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Would a second opinion require me to go through all of the same tests again? Or do they just look at chart/scans/results?

I didn't know to ask about reserve. Is that in the bloodwork? I didn't receive any bloodwork results yet.

He also said that he doesn't do laproscopy, only laprotomy so I do have to be referred out to someone else. He said he's not sure a laproscopy would take care of the polyps. Laparatomy seems so invasive and recovery is way too long.

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2015, 04:14 PM
They will prob. want to do their own ultrasound but I can't say for sure.

The reason to know about your egg reserve is if it is low, your odds of success with IVF will be dramatically affected (making the 40% quote even more misleading) and also because if your egg reserve/quality is poor that may have everything to do with why you haven't conceived and nothing to do with the fibroid. Sometimes doctors stop looking when they see "Issue A" without making sure that it's not really "Issue B or C or D" that is really what is going on. So you have all these procedures and then still do not get pregnant only to end up finding out in a year's time your egg quality isn't great to begin with and then we've wasted a year fixing a problem that may not even have been THE problem.

fefecooks
June 26th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Gotcha! The nurse will call me on Monday with bloodwork numbers. It's FSH right?

Also, do you think it would be best to drop sway and just attempt everyday in my fertile window to see if that helps since we know girl sway (1 attempt) reduces fertility? Given the circumstances?

Anyone else on here with my same circumstance have any success this way?

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2015, 05:28 PM
I've had tons of gals with fibroids but none who were told not to TTC before. That is why I am feeling mighty wary about all this, esp. given the history which is that doctors were overmedicalizing fibroids even just 10-15 years ago.

Actually if you're ready to drop the number of attempts to boost odds of conception, SMEP is better than just adding attempts. Sperm Meets Egg Plan (http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm) This is the best way to get pregnant quickly.

I would have a second opinion before you get pregnant in case the doctor is not being overly conservative.

FSH and AMH are the two that tell us about your egg quality.

fefecooks
June 29th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Ok. FSH is 7 and Estridol is 59. They didn't test for AMH.

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2015, 03:46 PM
FSH is not too shabby given your age, I wish they'd done AMH though. that tells us a lot.

fefecooks
June 30th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Ok. I have no idea what any of this means. What does one tell you over the other?

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2015, 02:05 PM
AMH tells you more about how many eggs you have left.

FSH tells you how "loudly" your body has to yell to get those eggs to develop. As we get older, we both get less sensitive to FSH and have less eggs to signal to the body to make FSH, so you start to make more and more, but the more FSH you have to make to get the egg to develop, the worse egg you make.

fefecooks
July 1st, 2015, 01:56 PM
My regular gyn doctor says without looking at my ultrasound records from reproductive endo that she would probably recommend surgery too. She says often times women miscarry when they're this big 5X5cm in size. She can't see me until July 24th though for a consult with the records. Trying not to operate hastily. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Also, ovulating in a couple days.

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2015, 04:20 PM
I'd keep trying in the meantime of planning for the surgery, but I understand that may not be something you are comfortable with.

fefecooks
July 1st, 2015, 04:23 PM
Ok. Will do! I would love a miraculous testimony to share rather than undergoing the knife. Believe me! Thanks Atomic! I'll keep you posted. I set up a 3rd opinion appointment for July 15th as well.

fefecooks
July 6th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Not sure why but this is the 2nd month that I ovulated on same day or day before pos OPK. Also, I've been doing research on shrinking fibroids. Taking Red Clover and avoiding red meat, high saturated fat foods and caffeine seem to help. How would Red Clover affect girl sway? What are your thoughts?

fefecooks
July 6th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Also, my Estradiol is 59. Articles are saying this high level is an indicator of poor ovarian reserve. Maybe this is the similar AMH # that you are looking for?

fefecooks
July 7th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Also, what do you think of this?
Fibroids, Fertility and Pregnancy (http://www.fibroidsecondopinion.com/fibroids-and-pregnancy/)

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Red clover is not safe when TTC so that's a no-no.

Avoiding red meat, saturated fat, taking fiber, vegetarian diet are all good and part of pink sway anyway. ARe you doing AFD??? If not, let's have you switch, the fiber in fruit and veg may help the estrogen leave your system.

I actually think the caffeine avoidance is overrated.

Unfortunately estradiol doesn't tell us the same thing that AMH does, so that's a no-go. High levels of estrogen can lead to growth in fibroids, though (which is why we tend to get bigger ones as we get older)

I have read that article before, was there a specific question on it?? (that 2% number is outdated info because so many more women have pregnancies in late 30- early 40's range that many more are having pregnancies with fibroids...it's not unusual at all)

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Please understand, I'm not saying you shouldn't have it removed, just that we need to be SURE it needs to be removed because a lot of docs used to be fibroid-removal-happy and taking out things that were perfectly fine.

fefecooks
July 8th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks! Ok, not on the AFD. Can you please send the link?

The 70% increase in pregnancy part upon removal is what gave me hope when reading.

I'm getting a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (U of Michigan doc) opinion by month end before making a final decision. Hubby has a semen analysis on Friday as well.

When I set up the 4th opinion today, they made it sound like plum sized wasn't large at all.

1st doc says it's taking up the size of my whole womb though ( hanging from top). He said that it must come out but he would still treat me if I left it.

Hopefully, with 4 involved, I'll get the best answer for me.

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2015, 02:19 PM
AT this point in time though we don't even know that your not getting pregnant has anything to do with the fibroid. I will feel a LOT better once hubby has that sperm analysis and I also would still like to see an AMH test done.

Here is my concern - you hold off on TTC, have the fibroid removed, and in the meantime months out of your fertile window have passed. Then you still don't get pregnant and it turns out it was actually some other issue all together (such as poor egg quality or sperm health). The way TTC works is that sometimes when it isn't happening, it's just because you have to wait for "Goldie the Golden Egg" to show up. Some women get a Goldie every month, others of us have to wait 3 or 9 or 6 or 12 months for one shot at a good egg. I just hate to see people missing months without having a pretty darn good idea that the fibroid is really THE issue instead of ONE issue.

Again, I'm not saying that you can't benefit from having it removed, because that may very well be playing some part or be the entire issue. But when a doctor takes a look at a fibroid and without doing a sperm analysis or AMH tells you to take X number of months off to have it removed, I just feel a little wary about it just in case they are not seeing the forest for the trees. That's all.

RE taking up your womb - well, the nice thing about the room is, it grows as the baby does so there usually ends up being plenty of room. But I am not a doctor and I just want to be sure you're getting the best advice possible before making the decision.

fefecooks
July 15th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Just got word that my AMH level is 1.2
Second opinion is suggesting robotic laproscopic surgery and hysterscopic for polyps. He will also check my endometrial lining while inside to make an assessment. He says once he gets in there he'll be able to assess all the possible reasons why it's not happening for me because it may not be the fibroid. He won't know until he gets in. He's the second best in Michigan.

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2015, 12:05 PM
:agree: I feel much better about pursuing that course of action with two docs advising it.

That AMH level is not great either. :/

fefecooks
July 17th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Ok. The doc said AMH was normal for my age. Semen is normal and surgery is scheduled for August 31st.

atomic sagebrush
July 18th, 2015, 05:39 PM
It is normal for your age. Sorry I was writing that quickly. Point being, it's not what a 22 year old would have, you know??

Great that they can get you in so soon and FX for speedy recovery.

fefecooks
August 17th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Had a 2nd ultrasound done and this one found an ovarian cyst. So there's a large fibroid, a cyst and and a potential endometrial disorder. Wow! This is so overwhelming. Anyone else out there with this story? Need some encouragement.

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Cysts aren't unusual and many of us have had them before. I had one between my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and never again.

fefecooks
August 18th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Ok. The doc that found the cyst is saying that I don't need a myommectomy because the fibroid is fundal (top of uterus/not inside) and i don't have irregular bleeding . However, I'm reading that fundal fibroids tend to block tubes, which is probably why the other doc said only 1 was open. She's recommending a d&c polypectomy and clomid. I thought clomid was only if you're not ovulating? So confused now. Laparascopic Myomectomy is still scheduled for Aug 31st. Left a message for myommectomy surgeon to shed some light. Any other advice?

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2015, 11:30 AM
There are other reasons why a tube could be blocked and not necessarily from the fibroid.

As you probably discerned from my prev. statements I am not the hugest supporter of having fibroids removed unless there is a clear and pressing need to do so. I honestly don't know, I"m not a doctor, I just know that there hs been a huge sea change in the way that fibroids are being treated (or not as the case may be) and I just don't want you to have surgery you don't necessarily need.

Many docs use Clomid to up odds of conception. It's not unusual to be given the Clomid. Femara may be better for you though so if you do end up going that route, ask about it. Please update us on what the surgeon says.

fefecooks
August 21st, 2015, 12:17 PM
Met with surgeon last night and he asked me if I wanted him to be blunt or blow smoke. He says my gyn is being too passive at my age. He says at this point I need to take active measures. Taking polyps out with a laparascope and giving me clomid and hoping for the best is too passive right now. He doesn't want me to lose out with timing. He wants to get in there with a laparascope not hysterscope because you can see more and fix it now. He may even leave the fibroid alone if its not bothering anything as I told him that I'd be disappointed if I gave up my chance for natural childbirth. The fibroid is not filling up my womb (submucosal), its subserosal fundal and appears to be out of the way and on top. He says if its not too deep, vaginal birth is still possible. He wants to look at the lining to assess endometriosis sooner rather than later just hoping for the best with passive measures. I'm at ease again and still scheduled for the 31st.

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2015, 07:36 PM
Sounds great!!! I am really glad that you are in good hands and wishing you the best of luck and speedy recovery!! :)

fefecooks
September 1st, 2015, 04:54 AM
Glory to God!! Everything went well yesterday!! Large fibroid and 2 polyps removed. He didn't mention cyst. Will discuss at 3 week follow up. Both tubes are now open!! Says fibroid wasn't deep at all and that I have a great chance of delivering vaginally. The doctors instructions are to go make a baby upon next ovulation!! 😊😊😊😊

True Blue
September 1st, 2015, 07:27 AM
Yay fefecooks :)
Here's to a speedy conception :cheerteam:

atomic sagebrush
September 1st, 2015, 03:36 PM
Oh fefe, I'm SO HAPPY to read this!!! How awesome you are already ready to roll with TTC!!! (sometimes they demand women wait !!!!! 6 months!!!!) after surgery.

I am wishing you a speedy recovery and quick BFP

fefecooks
October 3rd, 2015, 05:42 AM
I'm on CD20 and still haven't ovulated. I never had any trouble with o'ing before lap. 😂😂😂 This really stinks!!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/03/ccf82286a6772759371e329b7b7d25f2.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

True Blue
October 3rd, 2015, 07:31 AM
Don't panic, your body is probably recovering and it will ovulate when everything is as should be. Our bodies are pretty amazing :) it will happen.

atomic sagebrush
October 3rd, 2015, 04:15 PM
Your body is probably just still a little "nervous" and wants to wait a bit longer.

full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serv. salmon or red meat per week till you O!

fefecooks
October 6th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Praise God! It actually happened on Friday!! After meeting with the surgeon a couple weeks ago, he wanted us to wait to try after my ultrasound on Oct. 21st. Praying that this is the month that changes our lives forever!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2015, 04:09 PM
FX and TX too!!

November is the month I got my DD and I think it's extra lucky! :)

fefecooks
November 14th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Glory to God! Happy to report a BFP today!! Hallelujah! First try post laparscopy. It must have been that thickened tissue lining! Thanks for everything Atomic! 14 DPO so I guess that makes me 4 weeks? Very interesting!! I must admit I was super lax on the diet as of late because I'd been on it for 10 months. Always skipped breakfast though until noon, kept protein low and mostly diet drinks. Lost about 15 pounds this year but 30 in last 2 years. Hubby and I are 54 and 39 respectively. Praying I did just enough!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
November 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I am soo happy for you Fefe!! Don't even worry about relaxing on diet, after that long you can safely relax.

Wishing you the very best of luck for happy and healthy pregnancy!

1moregirl
November 15th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Wow!!! I've only just read all of these 7 pages of updates. It was really really interesting and a huge congratulations Fefe on your BFP. As Atomic said - all the best to you for a happy and healthy pregnancy. :)

fefecooks
December 19th, 2015, 12:04 PM
First ultrasound reported no heartbeat at 9 weeks. Baby measuring 8 weeks. Very minor cramping and still exhausted. No bleeding whatsoever. My heart is heavy.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I'm so sorry fefe - how can we help???

fefecooks
December 19th, 2015, 12:37 PM
How long does it usually take to naturally miscarry? I can't morally go for a D & C but I'm scared that it will happen naturally at the most inconvenient time. Also, the mental anguish of it all when I do deliver it. I do wish I could know the sex but know this is probably next to impossible naturally. It's kind of important for me to know if I'm a mommy to a boy or girl for some reason. 💔

fefecooks
December 19th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Also, my temps are still up and I just don't understand why the body holds on this way.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2015, 12:47 PM
I know it's no consolation but given that you just had uterine surgery it's actually a good sign your body is holding on so much to this pregnancy. Some women have the opposite problem after uterine surgery where they can't hang on to the baby so while I know it doesn't feel that way, it's actually a good thing.

Yes it's probably not going to be possible if you wait to go naturally for them to tell the gender. But they may not be able to tell anyway.

Going naturally is tough. It may be much harder on your body than having the D and C and could end up even delaying TTC longer than the D and C. I know how tough it is to come to that decision though. Just follow your heart but I would recommend taking your temperature morning and night and at any time you develop a fever or body aches (even if you think it's from illness) get to the ER right away.

Are you taking anything like aspirin, garlic, etc that can thin the blood?? If so wean off that starting right away.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Oh sorry I missed this - it is all over the map how long it takes to miscarry naturally. Sometimes it happens fast, other times it takes weeks. I wish I could pin it down more than that but it's just one of those things that no one can know.

1moregirl
December 20th, 2015, 05:46 AM
I'm soooo sorry to hear you are going through this Fefe. I went through the same thing myself back in August. I'm thinking of you. Xxoo

fefecooks
December 20th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Starting to spot. It's happening now. Thanking God that it's happening naturally. Still trusting Him.

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2015, 02:51 PM
That is all we can do...praying that it is very easy on you. :heart:

essnce629
December 22nd, 2015, 04:02 AM
So sorry Fefe. Sending healing vibes your way. (((HUGS))) to you.

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2015, 05:22 PM
how are you doing??? :heart:

fefecooks
December 26th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks for checking Atomic. Spotting never turned to bleeding. Still waiting at 10 weeks. I go back to work at 11.5 weeks. Was hoping that it would happen before then.

atomic sagebrush
December 29th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Sometimes they can give you something that will hurry it along.

The other thing I'd consider if you'd prefer to stay natural is red raspberry leaf tea - 2 cups a day may get things started.

fefecooks
December 31st, 2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks! HCG dropped from 29500 last week to 10100 this week. Still no bleeding or spotting. Light cramping only. I'm riding with my boss' boss and training a new rep on Wednesday and Thursday as we meet with my biggest customer. Incredibly nervous and prayerful that this will wait until next Friday. I don't want to be forced to tell them.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2016, 02:40 PM
WE are all praying and thinking positive for you. ((((hugs))))

maidentomother
January 3rd, 2016, 08:18 AM
I am so so sorry to hear this. Big hugs. I hope you conceive your rainbow baby soon.

fefecooks
January 4th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Starting to spot now and my big meetings are tomorrow-Thursday. Not sure how to handle this situation.

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Oh NO!! Can you suddenly develop a raging sickness or anything???

fefecooks
January 4th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Oh NO!! Can you suddenly develop a raging sickness or anything???
I wish I could. Someone drove in to be trained and I'm meeting my biggest client with a manager. I purchased Always overnights with wings and praying for the best. I'll have to go to the ER if I'm filling them faster than one an hour right?

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Oh gosh I"m SO SO SO sorry.

Wear black pants and the always and I'm PRAYING with all my might!!!

If something is going wrong you'll usually know. It can get pretty heavy and still be ok but yes more than one an hour is the rule of thumb. Also if you can take your temp you may want to do that a couple times, fever can be a bad sign.

Use Tylenol instead of aspirin because aspirin may make the bleeding heavier.

fefecooks
January 4th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Ok. Thanks for everything Atomic!

atomic sagebrush
January 5th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Thinking of you and hoping today is going smoothly.

The Anchor
January 5th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Oh no fefe, I'm so sorry for your loss :heart:

fefecooks
January 5th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Thinking of you and hoping today is going smoothly.
Hi Atomic! Thanking God it's holding off. If I can just get through tomorrow and Thursday. Spotting has ceased.

atomic sagebrush
January 5th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Crossing everything for you!!! Thursday cannot get here soon enough. (((Hugs)))

fefecooks
January 5th, 2016, 04:53 PM
12/21/15 29,500 HCG
12/28/15 10,197 HCG
1/4/16 3,753 HCG

Dropping by more than half every week. Hope this means I'm in the clear...at least until Thursday afternoon.

1moregirl
January 5th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Sorry Fefecooks. :( if I can give a piece of advice without alarming you, just keep a close eye on it as if bleeding gets too heavy it can come on very quickly, as it did with me back in August. In hindsight, I should've got my DH to call an ambulance, as I was filling a maternity pad in less than 10 mins. He drove me to hospital instead and I did get in quickly, but also passed out. If in doubt, seek help. I hope it all passes for you quickly and that you get through this ok. All the best.

fefecooks
January 6th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Sorry Fefecooks. :( if I can give a piece of advice without alarming you, just keep a close eye on it as if bleeding gets too heavy it can come on very quickly, as it did with me back in August. In hindsight, I should've got my DH to call an ambulance, as I was filling a maternity pad in less than 10 mins. He drove me to hospital instead and I did get in quickly, but also passed out. If in doubt, seek help. I hope it all passes for you quickly and that you get through this ok. All the best.
Did you have any spotting initially or just a big gush of alarm? Any initial cramping?

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Hoping it's going ok today...one more day to get through.

fefecooks
January 6th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Yep! And not even really spotting today. My temp was soooo close to coverline this AM though. Praying for 1 more day.

1moregirl
January 6th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Did you have any spotting initially or just a big gush of alarm? Any initial cramping?

Hi Fefe. On my 9 week Mark (after our 3 year olds birthday party) I had some slight cramping and didn't worry at the time as I thought I must've just overdone it a bit with the party prep and everything. A week to the day later (and during that week I had been feeling better, so pregnancy symptoms had clearly started going away), after I had done some weeding in the garden (like squatting down for long periods of time and pulling out weeds - prob something you should t do when pregnant) I stood up after doing the weeding and felt a strange feeling in my groin area (or anal area) like a walnut wanting to come out. Not long after that I went to the bathroom and had spotting in my undies (this was early afternoon I think) and by that evening I was haemorrhaging. I'm sure it's all different for everyone and in hindsight when I'd been in hospital that afternoon and had scan I should've been admitted into hospital then for the D & C instead of coming home that afternoon, only to end up back in the hospital again that night. Mine was a missed miscarriage, so baby had died a week or so earlier from when my bleeding started. So 9-10 weeks. If you were earlier in pregnancy it would all happen a lot easier and less chance of haemorrhaging. I wish you well. It's an awful time but it does get easier. Hugs.

fefecooks
January 6th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Hi Fefe. On my 9 week Mark (after our 3 year olds birthday party) I had some slight cramping and didn't worry at the time as I thought I must've just overdone it a bit with the party prep and everything. A week to the day later (and during that week I had been feeling better, so pregnancy symptoms had clearly started going away), after I had done some weeding in the garden (like squatting down for long periods of time and pulling out weeds - prob something you should t do when pregnant) I stood up after doing the weeding and felt a strange feeling in my groin area (or anal area) like a walnut wanting to come out. Not long after that I went to the bathroom and had spotting in my undies (this was early afternoon I think) and by that evening I was haemorrhaging. I'm sure it's all different for everyone and in hindsight when I'd been in hospital that afternoon and had scan I should've been admitted into hospital then for the D & C instead of coming home that afternoon, only to end up back in the hospital again that night. Mine was a missed miscarriage, so baby had died a week or so earlier from when my bleeding started. So 9-10 weeks. If you were earlier in pregnancy it would all happen a lot easier and less chance of haemorrhaging. I wish you well. It's an awful time but it does get easier. Hugs.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Baby passed away (@ 8 weeks) 4 weeks ago this coming Friday. I'll be grateful to get through 4pm tomorrow as I'll be done training a new employee then.

fefecooks
January 8th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Grateful to make it through this demanding week. Still waiting at 12 weeks today. Hopeful to pass something this weekend.

1moregirl
January 8th, 2016, 09:32 PM
So sorry Fefe. I hope it all starts for you soon and is over and done with quickly. All the best and thinking of you. Xx

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Grateful to make it through this demanding week. Still waiting at 12 weeks today. Hopeful to pass something this weekend.

I am so thankful you got through the week and hoping things have got going for you.

fefecooks
January 10th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Thanks Atomic. At a stand still and trying to remain unfrustrated with on and off spotting and mild cramping. More blood work tomorrow and now considering the misoprostol or acupuncture. Been reading that some waited 5 months to rid everything. How unfathomable!! Is it possible that my body just absorbed the entire pregnancy?

fefecooks
January 10th, 2016, 10:06 PM
UPDATE: Praise God! Red flow has begun at 12.2 weeks tonight. I am so grateful! Tomorrow is an office day.

1moregirl
January 10th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Oh what relief for you Fefecooks. I hope it goes smoothly for you (as smoothly as things can go in these situations) so that you can get back to ttc when you are ready. Take care of yourself.

essnce629
January 11th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I'm glad things finally started on their own Fefe. I hope everything goes smoothly for you, but make sure you have support around and a backup plan if you need help. (((HUGS)))

fefecooks
January 11th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I'm glad things finally started on their own Fefe. I hope everything goes smoothly for you, but make sure you have support around and a backup plan if you need help. (((HUGS)))
Thanks! I'm on my own right now. This is soooo painful! Contractions every 3-5 minutes. Praying this is over soon!

fefecooks
January 12th, 2016, 01:19 AM
After laboring in horrible pain (sharp contractions every 2 min.) for over 6 hours yesterday, we headed to the ER. They gave me Toradol which was a complete lifesaver after my body laughed at Morphine. Much respect for all that have given birth with no drugs. That back labor pain and those sharp contractions were simply the worse pain that I've ever had in life. They did a pelvic exam and ultrasound to find that the cervix is still open and the sac is right at the cervix. Sent me home with Motrin and Norco. Says it should pass by this evening. Thanks for all of your prayers guys!

fefecooks
January 12th, 2016, 12:25 PM
"And just to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."

Praise God! After being in the ER with severe labor pains most of the evening, the baby and placenta passed/came out at the drs. office around 10:50am this morning. I got to see it. Super tiny. I saw the arms, legs and right eye. God's creation is beautiful! Thank you for your prayers!

1moregirl
January 12th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Oh wow! I just cried when I read your post Fefe. I really wanted to see our little one too when she/he passed at 10 weeks - I was in hospital and on the toilet and eve now I wished I'd put on a glove and scooped it out of the toilet so I could take a look and maybe take him/her home and bury in our garden. How amazing you got to see it Hun. Just how long would it have been in cm Hun? Poor little souls taken from us way too soon - yet I try to look at it now in that God was sparing us and the baby from something worse (perhaps something was sooo wrong with them they wouldn't have survived outside of the womb after birth anyway, for example). Anyway Hun, I'm sooo relieved that is all over and done with now for you and you sound very brave and positive about it all. Big hugs. Xxoo

fefecooks
January 12th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Oh wow! I just cried when I read your post Fefe. I really wanted to see our little one too when she/he passed at 10 weeks - I was in hospital and on the toilet and eve now I wished I'd put on a glove and scooped it out of the toilet so I could take a look and maybe take him/her home and bury in our garden. How amazing you got to see it Hun. Just how long would it have been in cm Hun? Poor little souls taken from us way too soon - yet I try to look at it now in that God was sparing us and the baby from something worse (perhaps something was sooo wrong with them they wouldn't have survived outside of the womb after birth anyway, for example). Anyway Hun, I'm sooo relieved that is all over and done with now for you and you sound very brave and positive about it all. Big hugs. Xxoo
It was in some way comforting to me. I even took a pic as my hubby wanted to see it as he wasn't there. It made it so real. He/she was about the size of the tip of my pinky nail at 8 weeks (smaller than a pea,). I was definitely expecting something larger for some reason. I would have totally missed it if it would have been still inside the sack. The sack burst as she pulled it out during my pelvic exam. To the Glory of God, I just so happened to be at the doctors office when he/she was ready. They were able to send everything to the lab today for genetic and gender testing this week. I hope to have some answers. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2016, 07:25 PM
I am so sorry Fefe - but I am so happy that it happened in a way that you got to see it. I did not see my losses go and always felt like it would have given me peace to see it. :heart:

Persanyu
January 20th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Everything will better,Fefe,fighting!!

fefecooks
January 21st, 2016, 02:26 PM
Results were that the baby had Trisomy 13 - Patau Syndrome. Also, it was a boy.

maidentomother
January 21st, 2016, 07:32 PM
(((Hugs))))

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2016, 05:07 PM

Thank you for updating us. I'm sorry.

I mention this only because I know some people are bothered when they find out their baby's gender and it is not what they swayed for, but I have some reason to believe the chromosomal abnormalities may work differently with swaying, if egg or sperm is defective then they may not be able to "listen" to the cues from the environment and/or let the "wrong" one through. I just want to assure you, for whatever it is worth, that swaying can still work for you and have had many people lose a baby to chromosomal abnormalities and then go on to conceive their desired gender (and a healthy baby)

Wishing you peace and healing, fefe.

maidentomother
January 26th, 2016, 05:38 PM
^^^I completely agree.

fefecooks
January 27th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Thank you for updating us. I'm sorry.

I mention this only because I know some people are bothered when they find out their baby's gender and it is not what they swayed for, but I have some reason to believe the chromosomal abnormalities may work differently with swaying, if egg or sperm is defective then they may not be able to "listen" to the cues from the environment and/or let the "wrong" one through. I just want to assure you, for whatever it is worth, that swaying can still work for you and have had many people lose a baby to chromosomal abnormalities and then go on to conceive their desired gender (and a healthy baby)

Wishing you peace and healing, fefe.
Thanks Atomic! What do you think of these to improve egg quality? How long before they start to work?
400 ubiquinol, 1500 inositol, and 1000 royal jelly

1moregirl
January 27th, 2016, 04:47 PM

Sorry to hear this Fefe. It's God and Mother Nature's way of sparing us and the baby more pain I believe. I hope you heal well and that you are blessed with a healthy baby next time Hun. :) xx

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Thanks Atomic! What do you think of these to improve egg quality? How long before they start to work?
400 ubiquinol, 1500 inositol, and 1000 royal jelly

:agree: with Ubiquinol. Take til BFP and wean off gradually by spacing doses till down to one per week

I would not recommend inositol for you because that only helps people with moderate to severe PCOS or insulin resistance affecting egg quality negatively, and it has wreaked havoc for several members both making their egg quality poopy and also lowering hormones to such an extent that it's actually preventing pregnancy, making people have very delayed O and super short LP.

I despise royal jelly, people have died from taking it and it does nothing anyway. you don't need it at all, all it is is a small amount of fat and protein with some B vitamins in it. If you feel you need vitamins, take a prenatal 3x a week and DHA 3x a week and that is basically what royal jelly is.

I so, so, so understand the temptation to want to find the magic pill that can magically boost egg quality and prevent chromosomal abnormalities. But there are millions of women online desperately taking these things and 500 others. the magic pill doesn't exist. It comes down to just that you have to wait for Goldie the Golden Egg to show up and be in the position to catch her. Your body knows what to do without taking all these magic pills. :)

1moregirl
January 29th, 2016, 12:24 AM
:agree: with Ubiquinol. Take til BFP and wean off gradually by spacing doses till down to one per week

I would not recommend inositol for you because that only helps people with moderate to severe PCOS or insulin resistance affecting egg quality negatively, and it has wreaked havoc for several members both making their egg quality poopy and also lowering hormones to such an extent that it's actually preventing pregnancy, making people have very delayed O and super short LP.

I despise royal jelly, people have died from taking it and it does nothing anyway. you don't need it at all, all it is is a small amount of fat and protein with some B vitamins in it. If you feel you need vitamins, take a prenatal 3x a week and DHA 3x a week and that is basically what royal jelly is.

I so, so, so understand the temptation to want to find the magic pill that can magically boost egg quality and prevent chromosomal abnormalities. But there are millions of women online desperately taking these things and 500 others. the magic pill doesn't exist. It comes down to just that you have to wait for Goldie the Golden Egg to show up and be in the position to catch her. Your body knows what to do without taking all these magic pills. :)

Atomic - I have only been taking 100mg of ubiquinol. Is that enough? I just read above about the 400. Also, can there be more than one Goldie the Golden Egg? I'm worried that my one and only shot might not be Goldie and that I'd need more than one attempt to catch it? Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Reproductive endocrinologists recommend 400-600 for ladies going HT. So some have used that much. Others have used 100 or 50. WE honestly do not have enough data to really know if one is better than the other. I've been taking 100 just for general health and I feel like I've had more energy since I have been.

YES, there can be more than one Goldie. Goldie isn't really real, it's a concept to illustrate that you never know if you are in a month where all the stars would have been in alignment for you to get and stay pregnant. When we're young, most months we are pretty fertile. As we get older, fertility declines in a variety of ways, not only egg quality, but other ways as well and so we may end up going from being capable of getting preggo 10 months out of the year at 30, to 1 or 2 months out of the year at 45. So you can't let months pass by for things like "letting ubiquinol work" because we honestly don't even know that ubiquinol DOES work or if it does, that it WILL for you, even if you took it 1000 months, there could be some totally other thing going on anyway, mainly age, which is much, much more important than anything you can do or take. So the whole "Goldie" idea is jsut trying to get you guys to not start skipping months without having a darn good reason, because you could very well only be able to get pregnant 1-2-3-4 months out of the whole year, and skipping months means you may miss your chance that won't come again for another 3,4,6, 12 months, if that makes sense.

fefecooks
February 2nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
HCG level is still 3 at CD24. I guess this is why I still haven't ovulated?

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2016, 01:09 PM
You should be able to ovulate with HCG at that level, I think your body is just taking a break.

I would have you doing 1 serv. full fat dairy, 4-6 eggs a week, and one serv. salmon (if you like it) or red meat (if you don't) if you're back on LE Diet.

Are you taking any supps that could delay ovulation (the royal jelly, vitex, high dose B vitamins, peppermint tea)

fefecooks
February 2nd, 2016, 01:13 PM
Yes. I'm following fertility diet with Salmon twice per week. No just COQ10 right now.

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2016, 06:30 PM
Then it's just not ready yet, remember as far as your body knows you just had a living baby. It may take a bit of time until things straighten out, hopefully very soon. ((((hugs)))))