PDA

View Full Version : High number of abnormals for the age

adnilleinad
June 25th, 2015, 02:20 AM
Hi,
I had a first and ok cycle at hrc jan 2015. 9 retrieved, 5 to testing and 3 normals. Xx was of poor quality, xy were fab quality. Bfn
Second and third cycle 10 retrieved, 7 to testing, 1 of 7 normal only. Xy no transfer.
Third 12 eggs, 9 to testing and 1 of 9 were normal!
The answer I got from Ivi Gen is that although my abnormals are higher than it should at 34, Ita still within the normal range. What?! For one cycle perhaps, but 2?
I think I might be a Bfn this cycle although I had a HEB AA so I'm Trying to figure out What to do.
The Ivi gen Said no meds can change normaö eggs to abnormal. So Is there Anything I can do with protocol? I've done menopur 150 and gonal f 450 the last cycles, 75 vs 300 the first.
What to do?

Pink rose 76
June 25th, 2015, 02:38 AM
I'm sorry adnilleinad that you had bad cycles. You are still relatively young for IVF, under the 35 mark. I know my last cycle wasn't amazing but I did get a normal out of 4 eggs, so believe if I'd got higher number of eggs maybe wud have got more normals.

Things I did different was use inositol, royal jelly for my supps.
For diet I did include more carbs, albeit a piece of rye or granary bread here or there to starve off sugar cravings.
Exercise, I went back to doing moderate exercise to keep blood flow going.
One thing I did so which hasn't done any previous cycle was acupuncture. I really don't know if this was the key thing but it certainly made me more chilled about things. I'm still doing it and definitely don't get as stressed as I used to.

I did notice you are getting a good number to testing so they obviously look good enough visually and are making it to blast stage. I honestly believe that a good healthy diet is the best thing you can do. So try and eat as much organic as you can, wild fish, liver, etc.... Give it 3-4 months as that is the normal cycle of an eggs development.

Fx you don't need to do any of this tho Hun. You ll get your BFP xx

nuthinbutpink
June 25th, 2015, 06:22 AM
A lot of us use DHEA for egg quality issues. You could also ask about estrogen priming.

I don't think you had a poor response this second time though. It's pretty typical to have 1-2 normal at the end.

adnilleinad
June 26th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Thank you for your response, I will look into it.

gripstar
August 17th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I am sorry your cycle didn't work out. Sending you a hug.

Mathilde
August 18th, 2015, 01:08 AM
I experienced the same, for #4 I've upped the q10 and am thinking of upping the folic (recommended dosage here is 400mg) possibly I should check DEHA out.. I hope it works out for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk