PDA

View Full Version : Not again :( :( :(

pinkdreamer
August 18th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I've just heard that yet another one of my friends is having a baby girl today. I just can't take it anymore :( I LOVE my boys to bits and seriously wouldn't have them any other way, but it kills me every time I hear that another one of my friends is expecting a girl. I have always dreamt about my DG and how I would do all the things with her my mum never did with me, go shopping for her wedding dress one day etc etc and it seems like such an impossible dream now and for some reason always seems even further away when I find out someone else is having what I so desperately want :( One of my other friends is having an induction next week for her little girl and can't wait to meet her.

I just can't ever imagine hearing the words "it's a little girl" but don't know how I'm ever going to get over it if I don't. It's always been a dream for me, probably because I also want to make up for what was lacking in mine and my mum's relationship with a daughter, but I feel like I might just grieve forever if I didn't get her :( :( sorry for the self-obsessed rant - just feeling so down today. Having a few bad GD days

zanacal
August 18th, 2011, 04:31 PM
:hugs: Sorry x

Dreamingforaboy
August 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
You poor thing, its tough hearing others have what you so badly want. I felt like this for a long time I couldn't bare having another girl after 3 beautiful girls, I wanted so desperately that feeling of completeness and balance. I hope you find peace sweetheart.

applesoup
October 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
There's something very personal about seeing those close to us...get what they want. How does that phrase go... "Comparison is the thief of joy." I can't tell you how many people close to me (my sisters, best friends, etc) have had girls...while I've longed & prayed for a girl. A few times I've been happy for them. Other times, I've put on a fake face.

I just found out that I'm pregnant & one of my friends is due 2 months before me. She has 2 boys, I just saw her 12 week nub and it doesn't get any more GIRL than that. I already have 3 boys, I wasn't able to sway, and I just know it's going to be boy #4. IF ONLY, I could hear those words one time, "It's a Girl!" What JOY that would be.

I'm sorry for your pain. I'm right here with you.

TTC5
October 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
It is painful hey :'(

Big hugs xxx

annabel♥lee
October 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I hear ya. Every time i find out a friend is having a girl, it feels like a punch in the gut. I wonder if I'll ever hear those words. It's very likely that I won't. And that's a hard pill to swallow.

((hugs))

My Fabulous Children
October 22nd, 2011, 04:01 AM
I'm so sorry hun xxx

Hope you will get your little girl some day.

CapricornAquarius
October 22nd, 2011, 04:09 AM
Pinkdreamer, Im hearing you!
I hope you get to hear the words "its a girl" as much as I would love to hear the words "its a boy"

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: was going to ttc this Dec, now I dont know if I have the guts.

pinga
October 24th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Its really hard isn't it... All of my friends have girls too and on Monday last week my bestie had her 2nd daughter. I am happy for her but it also made me feel so sad. It feels like statistically-speaking there won't be any girls left for me!

Hang in there... we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope hope hope we'll get one of them!

KnockYourBallsOff
October 26th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I totally understand as well. Too many friends preggo lately with too many getting a pigeon pair. Praying for you!

Flava
October 26th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Im sorry...hugs
Sometimes I think it's good i don't have many friends ?