PDA

View Full Version : Swaying blue after mc at 12 weeks

blueherald
July 3rd, 2015, 09:40 PM
Hi there

I have unfortunately had a mc at 12 weeks and am wondering if it is detrimental to our blue sway if we try again at first ovulation (provided we get all clear from ob next week)? I know this kind of question has been asked many times but I am still a little unsure about a few things. DH and I really want to try as soon as possible - the wait after a chemical last time was really long and emotional.

This would probably mean about 3 weeks of diet, exercise and supplements (or probably a bit more depending on when o happens this time round).

I have noted that it is recommended to wait a cycle for ttc blue, but unsure why? (hormones maybe?)

I am also a bit confused by the stats - in the spreadsheet for cycle after miscarriage it says 4 sways, 0 success, but looking at the data all four recorded sways actually resulted in a boy? Maybe I am misinterpreting.

Grateful for any comments.

atomic sagebrush
July 5th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss BH.

the guide to swaying after a loss is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/29504-guide-swaying-after-miscarriage.html

I really, really think you need to wait a cycle before TTC. It is of course always possible to get a boy after a loss, but I think your odds will be higher if you wait. A sample size of 4 doesn't mean anything - in our pink stats 14 of 19 people got girls that first cycle after a loss so I would proceed with great caution.

We don't honestly know why TTC after a loss sways pink - the idea is that after a 12 week pregnancy your body is going to be depleted and may take a bit of time to get its resources built back up again. Or, it may be hormones, or some combination of a lot of things.

blueherald
July 6th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Thanks for your response atomic.

I kind of knew what your advice would be, it was just wishful thinking. I am really thinking waiting is the better option anyway. I have just come down with the flu and am in a real funk after this mc so the more time I have to get back to my normal self the better.

I also just inadvertently found out that the last attempt was a failed sway. The mc happened just after i had the NIPT test. I wasn't planning on finding out the results but the clinic sent me a copy. I don't even know what to think or feel about that :sad: It certainly doesn't make it any easier

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry it didn't go your way with the sway - please let me know if I can be of any help.

blueherald
July 11th, 2015, 12:44 AM
Thanks atomic. I think I'll check back in once I've had a chance to collect myself.