PDA

View Full Version : I feel my cycle was mismanaged and I mislead into ER

bbwywy
July 4th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I recently finished my first cycle for IVF/PGD round one of banking--nothing to bank tho :(

I'm 37, been pregnant 3x all on 1st attempt, hubby has high count. My antral follicle before meds was 11, AMH was 2.2 for whatever reason they did not test my FSH.

I started out on 300 gonal f, then kept being reduced. Took 2 75 vials of menopur, and a couple cetrotide, then triggered w 250 my ovidrel.

I only had 3 mature follicles. ...4 mature at ER only got 2 eggs tho. Which I was told were "slow growers" by my coordinator--come to find out by my Embroloigist that they never fertilized at all.

I really feel like I should have cancelled my cycle...I feel mislead. My doctor thinks I'm in ovarian decline.

nuthinbutpink
July 4th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Hi there. What was your e2 level at trigger? Where did you cycle?

nuthinbutpink
July 4th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Antagonist may not be the best approac for you. Maybe you would do better with micro dose flare protocol. In our private forums, you may find cycle diaries, current cycles, etc and see what kind of response people have as they stim. You have to be your own advocate. Know your count. Know your e2. Ask questions. If they kept reducing your dosage that would usually mean you responded well. Were you checked for cysts before starting stims?

bbwywy
July 4th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Hi there. What was your e2 level at trigger? Where did you cycle?

My estridol 5 days before ER was 580

They did find a cyst before stims....he removed it, at my next ultrasound his Nurse thought she still saw it, but he said it was a shadow.

bbwywy
July 4th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Antagonist may not be the best approac for you. Maybe you would do better with micro dose flare protocol. In our private forums, you may find cycle diaries, current cycles, etc and see what kind of response people have as they stim. You have to be your own advocate. Know your count. Know your e2. Ask questions. If they kept reducing your dosage that would usually mean you responded well. Were you checked for cysts before starting stims?

thank you for the response. I will look at those cycle diaries. I feel like I've been really naive thus far.

I did have a cyst pre-stims. He first gave me progesterone to decrease it--when that didn't work, he went in and aspirated it (ouch) at my next ultrasound his Nurse thought she saw it--he looked--and said, no it's a shadow.

I'm wondering if it was still present if it could have thrown my medication off.

there were 2 nights where I threw up about an hour after taking my shots--I assumed I could have been getting over-stimmed--but that was not the case.

I'm really anxious to get info from mu doc...I'm supposed to be doing the July cycle...but I'm not sure I want to now.

nuthinbutpink
July 4th, 2015, 05:33 PM
It sounds like the cycle was bad from the start. Usually if there is a cyst, they have you continue down regulation or you can drain it but never heard of using progesterone??

I am not sure what to say not knowing all the details. I've created this forum to share info and help others. The HT people are in the member forums. We'd be happy to advise you through the next cycle and if something seems off, we will speak up!

bbwywy
July 4th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Thank you so much. He used a hollow needle to "aspirate" it--I guess that means drains. I'm wondering if it w a still hanging out . I wish Microsort was still available. I'm worried even if my next cycle is better that I won't wind up with a "normal" female.

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Microsort isn't available because it didn't work. I know it's hard to believe now but you're actually way better off going this route. I wish you the very best of luck moving forward with a better cycle next time through.