PDA

View Full Version : Transferring money to U.S.

LJ81
July 7th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to pay Dr P? Did you transfer money using a foreign exchange company or take cash or use a credit card? With the interest rate going down (booo) just thinking about what to do before we travel in a couple of months. Thanks helpful mummies.

Wanting a daughter
July 8th, 2015, 02:48 AM
I always use OzForex to pay. Gives a better exchange rate than the banks.

LJ81
July 8th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Thanks WAD. Do you just pay the money into HRC's bank account and how far in advance do you need to organise the transfer?

Wanting a daughter
July 10th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Yes, you set up an OzForex account and then get HRC details (account no. swift code etc.) and you buy the money from OzForex and they pay HRC. Dead easy once it's set up. You can watch the rate for a few days/week and try to pick a day/time when it's up a bit...

Given our dollar is dropping fast, I would recommend paying sooner rather than later. I am doing a FET in oct and am going to pay now. They are predicting our dollar will only be US65c by December. :(

Wanting a daughter
July 10th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Sorry forgot to say it takes about 3-4 working days for them to receive the money.

Magical22
July 11th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Oh my really it's going to drop that low [emoji16] I think this is getting out of my price range [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charcai
July 11th, 2015, 08:39 AM
does anyone know if they will take cash?. we had some aussie dollar changed earlier in the year, and hopefully they will. we are planing to go over mid aug. this year.
If i may ask those who have been over to hrc, which hotel they stayed in and which place to hire the car?

thank you in advance

Wanting a daughter
July 12th, 2015, 10:36 AM
They normally require payment before you begin meds. If you are doing the whole cycle there you could pay in cash but that's ALOT of cash to be carrying.

Hrc have a list of hotels that they have an arrangement with for discounts. Look on their website under out of town patients then contact the hotel directly.

Can't remember who we hired a car through. I think I just web shopped around for the best deal.

charcai
July 12th, 2015, 11:24 PM
thankyou: wanting a daughter for your reply. yes it is alot, but we changed the money in anticipation that our aussie dollar will decline.

LJ81
July 12th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Thank you very much. I'm buying the money now!! I wish I had done it a year or so ago when it was on parity.

Wanting a daughter
July 13th, 2015, 08:10 PM
thankyou: wanting a daughter for your reply. yes it is alot, but we changed the money in anticipation that our aussie dollar will decline.

Well done !!!!! Ar you in finance? Or were you just watching closely

Wanting a daughter
July 13th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Ps be carefu with customs. Carrying large sum of cash can raise red flags for them.

WannaGirl
July 24th, 2015, 06:06 PM
We bought an ozforex travelcard and put use on it, was a better rate than we got from using Westpac so ideally should have converted the lot when it was a good time...well in advance not last minute

Magical22
July 24th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Ethical guidelines on the use of assisted reproductive technology in clinical practice and research | NHMRC Public Consultations (http://consultations.nhmrc.gov.au/public_consultations/assisted-reproductive-tech)

Up for review GS in Aus, the more people that submit in support the better.

LJ81
July 25th, 2015, 08:40 AM
I was about to post a thread on exactly the same topic Magical22. I am about to start a draft submission so when I've done it I am more than happy for other people to see it and use it for some ideas. I agree, the more people that write in support the better. I did a submission in the first round last year and I have to admit, I thought that there was no way that the NHMRC would change the rules. However the current public consultation document released last week has given me a bit of hope that there is some scope for movement here and clearly the NHMRC board has been considering a whole variety of reasons as to why the rules should or should not be changed.

Magical22
July 25th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I was about to post a thread on exactly the same topic Magical22. I am about to start a draft submission so when I've done it I am more than happy for other people to see it and use it for some ideas. I agree, the more people that write in support the better. I did a submission in the first round last year and I have to admit, I thought that there was no way that the NHMRC would change the rules. However the current public consultation document released last week has given me a bit of hope that there is some scope for movement here and clearly the NHMRC board has been considering a whole variety of reasons as to why the rules should or should not be changed.

I think you should still start up a thread that's dedicated to it, I don't know to much about it all so didn't want too. [emoji5]️

I would love to see what you write, I'm going to do up a submission but I'm not the best at writing.