PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here!

WantAnotherBoy
August 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hi, everyone!

I registered earlier today and it was so nice to check in and see that I can finally post. :) I read through quite a bit of your posts this afternoon, and have been so interested in your stories. I seem to have a slightly different POV as a lot of you, but you seem to be an understanding bunch. I'm so glad I found this board.

I have one boy, age 2, and am 9 weeks pregnant. I have no desire for a daughter, never have. I have zero interest in doing hair, painting nails, or picking out frilly pink clothes.

My friend is an ultrasound tech and volunteered to do a freebie gender scan at around 15 weeks so I can find out a bit early. I can't wait to know for sure, but I am so scared it will be a girl. I know I will love a girl, but I'm afraid it won't be the same as the love I have for my son. I worry that I won't be the mother she deserves simply because I would prefer a boy.

I keep telling everyone IRL that I don't care what I have, either is fine with me. But I know I'm lying. Even looking at girls' names has become a chore--nothing appeals to me. Nothing. But I've had a boy's name picked out since before I was even pregnant.

I'm so glad to have found a place where I can talk about this. Thanks for reading, and best of luck to everyone!

Hobbermittens
August 20th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I can completely relate to you! I always wanted a house full of boys. I never wanted girls. But I had one first, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed her. I am a tomboy, and I have never wanted to do girly stuff, but when it is your own kid, it isn't really that bad. I had a son next, and of course was thrilled. When I was pregnant with my 3rd, I hoped for another boy, but the baby was another girl, and I had horrible GD! SHe is 16 months old now, and she is pretty fun.

I hope you have another boy. But if you are pregnant with a baby girl, just know that girls are okay too. :) You will enjoy her more than you think!

nuthinbutpink
August 20th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Welcome and good luck.