PDA

View Full Version : Stitch on cervix from d&c?

purple
July 9th, 2015, 04:29 AM
This morning I thought I would check my cervix position as I do it as part of my charting. Anyway I noticed that it feels like I have something on my cervix. It kind of felt like it was a stitch but I wasn't told that I was given any stitches. If it is a stitch it obviously hasn't disolved yet. I'm a bit upset I wasn't told.

If its not a stitch then I don't know what else it would be. I don't have my GP appointment for another 2 weeks so I guess it might be gone by then. I'm not sure if I should try to get in sooner to have it checked?

Has anyone else had this before? I did google and it seems a few people had stitches and some also weren't told. I feel like it is something I should have been told but I didn't end up having a dr talk to me post op.

purple
July 10th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Hmmm I guess no one else has had this before, I feel a bit silly posting about it now. I'm also still spotting slightly even though its almost 3 weeks since the d&c :( Hopefully my body will sort itself out soon :(

has2gentlemen
July 11th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I had a stitch and was never told about it. Unfortunately it caused scaring for me because it tore out too early. I also spotted for almost a month. maybe give your doctor a call to ask about the stitch and to see if they want to see you sooner to check for anything that may have been missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purple
July 12th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the reply Kay! Sorry you have also had this too. Have you given birth since? I'm worried about scaring on my cervix causing problems with dilation if I do eventually go on to have another baby.

I can't believe it is so common not to tell us what they have done! Maybe they think we won't know so it won't hurt us. I haven't DTD since because I was told to wait until the bleeding stops and also I have since discovered the stitches and don't really want to disturb them but he might have noticed it if I hadn't checked my cervix position.

has2gentlemen
July 12th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Yes, twice. My first I ended up developing a cervical lip and my midwife had to massage the scar tissue to get it to dilate the rest of the way. My second I actually dilated too early and had him at 34 weeks but they swear it wasn't related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purple
July 12th, 2015, 08:02 AM
That is good the scar could be massaged so you could birth naturally still. My 2nd birth was at home and I didn't have any internal exams but I guess I would be able to ask the midwife to check if labour isn't progressing as fast as expected (I would expect less than 2 hours as mine are fast!). Anyway, need to get pregnant again first and stay pregnant so no need to worry about that right now! Thanks again for sharing your experience :)

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM
It is possible but at the same time may be a "Nabothian cyst" which sounds like something off Star Trek but is really a thing that forms on a cervix sometimes. I'm not sure what you are feeling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabothian_cyst

I would def. call and ask the doctor incase they forgot!!!

purple
July 27th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Just an update... I saw my Dr on the weekend and she hadn't received any info from the hospital about my d&c. When I told her my concerns at first she said it wouldn't be a stitch but then she did an examination and saw I was correct.

She called the Dr at the hospital today and found out it was caused by the instrument they use to hold the cervix in place while doing the d&c. Apparently it is sharp and normally it is fine but for me when they removed it there was some bleeding so they put a stitch in.

According to my Dr it has healed well and the stitch will eventually dissolve. I'm allowed to start ttc whenever I am ready (well after my first post d&c period but that is due next weekend).