PDA

View Full Version : High HCG, really low progesterone!

ThreeLittleCritters
August 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone. I'm looking for positive stories here. On Thursday I was 5w0d and I started spotting. So I went to the doctor and had my blood drawn to test hormone levels. The results came back and my HCG was 9000! But my progesterone was only 6. So I'm on 100mg of prometrium. I take it orally twice a day. Has anyone had a progesterone level THAT low and came out ok? I'm going back on Monday for a redraw and to test the levels again. Should I push for prometrium suppositories instead of the pill? Are things bad enough to ask for the shots? I've heard that both of those are better at getting the needed progesterone. I'm worried that my progesterone is too low to get it up quickly enough to save the pregnancy. I've called my nurse about 1000 times and she's been really helpful at explaining it all to me. She said that if I'm going to miscarry the prometrium won't stop it, but if the pregnancy is good and the progesterone is the only problem, then it will help. She thinks that I have a great shot at a viable pregnancy if I can get the progesterone up. I'm not spotting any more. My cm is just brown. Any similar stories out there? TIA!

lindi
August 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I also heard suppositories are the most direct way to get progesterone, so if it's all the same to you I would request a prescription for those. They are pretty messy though. But it sounds like the brown CM is old blood so maybe all is fine? Sorry you have this stress!

ThreeLittleCritters
August 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't mind a mess! I just want to stay pregnant. I think I'll ask on Monday. Thanks!!!!