PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite girl names?

WantAnotherBoy
August 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Anyone care to share any girls' names? I don't know what I'm having yet, but I feel I need to be prepared. There are some girl names that I love, but they are getting more and more popular...and I like more unusual names. Not unheard of, but unusual.

Unfortunately, my favorites are Ava & Olivia, which are ridiculously popular, Laila--which, along with Layla, is getting more and more popular, and London, which also keeps climbing up the charts.

I don't want my kid to share a name with 4 other kids in her class. Viviana, nickname Vivi, recently came to mind, but I'm having a hard time picturing *my* daughter named that. I was always such a tomboy, and Viviana is so ultra-feminine.

I always thought I would have all boys, so as a teenager obsessed with baby names I never bothered to really find girl names I liked. And the few I liked well enough to take note of were boyish/unisex names--Peyton, Alex, Owen, Quinn, Riley.

Most girl names just don't appeal to me. Suggestions?

Sunset
August 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I like the names Serena, Elena and May :)

swish
August 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I recently heard the names lois and Amelie and I think they're both really pretty

Zivic-Bubac
August 20th, 2011, 04:13 PM
My all time favorite - Summer :HH:

I also like Rainne
Montana
April
Eloise
Claire
:)

XXdreaming
August 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Lol how you said you didn't want 4 other girls in her class with the same name reminds me when ds1 was in prek(he in 4th grade now), with a small school they had only one prek class but there were 4 madisons in there, the poor things thought theiir first names were madison B. And one was madison G and then 2 others but can't remember what their last names started with. They called them madison and then the first initial of their last names, lol, but anyways I liked acacia, then annabelle, then emily(but super popular too) I liked esther, noama or noami, ruth, I have now moved to grace because it would be a grace of God if I had a little girl lol

WantAnotherBoy
August 21st, 2011, 02:58 AM
I LOVE Acacia.

I was fiddling around at a name site today, and was looking at the name Dove, or Dov (which is a Hebrew male name, same pronunciation). I would love to use Acacia as a middle name, but my last name starts with M, which would make her initials DAM. Not cool! Acacia Dove maybe? Acacia Dov?

WDYT?

pinkdreams
August 21st, 2011, 03:08 AM
I love Madeline and Lilian

purplepoet20
August 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
When I was younger I wanted to have all boys so I did have all boy names picked. After having kids and deciding to use family names I felt bad for never using the names I had picked... Journey James and Parrish Max were my favorite. If I had a girl I might have used Sage, Willow, Aspen, or something from nature.

For family girl names I get to choose from Madeliene, Hope, Ashlynn (my middle name), Rowena, Gladys, Alice, Lucy, Libby, Louise, and Deborah.

XXdreaming
August 22nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
I LOVE Acacia.

I was fiddling around at a name site today, and was looking at the name Dove, or Dov (which is a Hebrew male name, same pronunciation). I would love to use Acacia as a middle name, but my last name starts with M, which would make her initials DAM. Not cool! Acacia Dove maybe? Acacia Dov?

WDYT?

I love acacia dove better then dove acacia :)

shouldihope?
August 22nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
Makenna Elizabeth has been the name that we chose in case the first was a girl and it was the same for the other 2 pregnancies. I don't know that we would use it if we ever have a girl at this point? We would probably pick a different first name at least. I still love it though. I also like Trinity but that seems to be increasing in popularity as well.