PDA

View Full Version : Glitter Girl's sway *UPDATE* GIRL!!!!!

Glittergirl
August 20th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Just wanted to update you all! I broke down and found out today....It's a GIRL:XX:!

Atomic I REALLY REALLY want to thank you! ALL your advice has been right on for me! I think the main parts of the sway that worked for me are: the absolute LOW stress I had about getting pregnant. I know the m/c sways pink and I got preg the first cycle after my miscarriage but I also just wanted to get pregnant again after my heartbreak so I think that's why I really didn't care anymore about getting a girl and so I had no stress. And a few people suggested wife have bigO AFTER DH, so we tried that as well which may or may not have contributed. I also stopped weight training and lost a lot of muscle mass, I felt quite flabby! either way, this site has helped me so much and Atomic's advice has been the best. I just wanna come give you a big hug Atomic! thank you!!!!!

This is by no means a wonderful girl way. Hoping I get my girl :princess: as this is our last baby! Little background: got pregnant after strict girl diet for 8+weeks back in April. Had a MC at 5 weeks in May. At this point I was just desperate to get pregnant first, if it's a girl it would be the icing on the cake. My sway is not nearly as good as the first sway but having a sticky healthy bean was my first priority. Going to wait til birth in March to find sex BUT will totally nubsess and guess at symptoms and read all old wives tales for the next 9 months!

Swaying Attempt - Natural

PH: 3.9 on CD8 when we BD, then combined was 6.9 and lowered it with douche. Then BD again CD11. O'd on CD13 with natural pH of 5.3. I was happy with that pH and didn't want to lower as I just wanted to get preg.

CM PH:
Usually very low. In the 3's and 4's with diet alone.
DH PH: ???

Douche type and when:
Used a lemon douche with pH in 3's before and after first attempt. None on 2nd attempt.

Replens and when: Yes - small amount before first attempt on CD8 but didn't use it on 2nd attempt which was CD11

Big O: Yes--after Dh.... several close friends said this is how they got their girls--just wanted to try it as with all my boys it was either no O or O before dh.

Minerals:
took the usual calcium, cranberry, magnesium.
Potassium:
really cut back--no bananas, potatoes etc.
Sodium:
Low sodium, no salt on anything I made, lots of Mrs. Dash

DH minerals:
Calcium--and that's it. He would not take licorice root--too scared when I told him it would lower T:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Diet: This is tricky. I was on a super strict girl diet since Feb. and lost weight. then I got Preg in april so started eating everything again and gained about 3 pounds. Had MC at 5 weeks in May. I was super sad and decided to try again but at this point I had eaten all kinds of boy foods for like a month. So I did a loose diet for only a few weeks when I got preg right again the cycle after my MC. I'm hoping that the fact that I lost the 3 pounds I had gained during my pregnancy so quickly will sway pink along with getting preg that first cycle after MC. By no means was this a great girl sway.

Dietary Changes: Drank lots of CL and aspartame-- lots of dairy which I normally HATE, no salt on anything, no fruits and veggies, lots of white starches and just tried to lose some weight (I'm normally thin anyway).
Caffeine:
1 cup coffee per day. No sodas.
DH caffeine:
2-3 cokes per week

Drinks:
lots of Peppermint Tea... I tend to be intense and clean house like crazy, organize everything in closets and I need lots of order I noticed I had low T probably from peppermint or diet. Messy house didn't bother me and I became a slacker. Definitely not the intense organized crazy woman I normally am! Big bottle of CL everyday--I believe this is what brought my pH down as I normally have very high pH, rice milk at times.

Acidophilus
yes 1 tablet a day plus lots of yogurt
Sudafed
No, but I didn't have much EWCM

Others
Folic Acid

Timing: Not a big believer in timing--I just basically wanted to get pregnant. was going for frequent BD but this was a wacky cycle due to MC so I O'd early and only got in 2 BD's. Bd on CD8,CD11 got a +OPK on CD12 and 13 but had major right-sided Opain on CD13 so I think that's when my true O was. So,1-2 day cutoff.

BD thru O:
No

O+12:
No

Frequent BD/how many days:
see above

Charting O with Temp:
no

Charting O with OPK:
Yes

Fertility monitor used/type:
no

Suspected O date:
Cd13

Ions:
Oed in what moon phase
Don't know, it was June 21 which was 1st day of summer. I live in AZ so very hot here!

Changed ions in other ways? Salt rock, huge aquarium in house, fans on, lots of plants, use of all kinds of lavender products including soap, lotions. lots of outdoor time, ion hairdryer, ion brush, got pink pedicure week of O tried to breath in all the acetone and nailpolish fumes at the nail place LOL and filled my lungs with it LOL!!! can't think of everything now.
Exercise
Normally I do lots of weight training. Cut back to maybe 2x per month. Instead did intense spinning classes for lots of cardio.

How many kids do you have?

What gender(s)?
Boys

# of months TTC
1st month after MC

Your Age
Dh age
BD position
Very shallow!!!-- with my other 3 it was always very deep penetration.
Jump and dump
Big O after Dh then jump and dump and pee--i always do this anyway or else I get UTI.

EWCM present/how much?
Yes some, but not as much as usual.

DH undies type:
Briefs throughout day, but boxers at night for bed.

DH hot bath/shower:
DH said he took a hot shower, but I know him....his hot is my warm so not so sure he actually took a HOT shower. He loves his cold showers!

OWT - Nothing under bed but tons of girl clothes in my closet, bought new girlish comforter and pillows for our bed. Prayed for a healthy baby that sticks this time, had constant girl vibes when TTC. DH prayed hard too! My gut feeling told me to DTD that night for a girl. Got a pink pedicure week of O. Chinese calendar was right for all three boys and this time said girl, babyman says girl and was right for me in past, this pregnancy is much diff than with boys! Please wish me LUCK!!!

Zivic-Bubac
August 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Best of luck Glitter!
Hope it's a healthy :XX: you're cookin' in there :luck: :luck: Luck:
I'm not an expert for intentional girl sway, but yours doesn't sound bad at all :agree: and as far as I remember, 1st cycle after m/c sways pink ( something about hormones, but I can't remember details...:think:

happyheart
August 20th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Hi GlitterGirls :)

I am so sorry hear about your m/c.

Congrats on your BFP! :) :)

I think your sway sounds really good! :) :) Happy and healthy 9 months!!

zanacal
August 21st, 2011, 06:24 AM
Sounds wonderful, congratulations :D

jennibel
August 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Sounds a great sway, good luck, hope you hear pink!

Glittergirl
August 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
Best of luck Glitter!
Hope it's a healthy :XX: you're cookin' in there :luck: :luck: Luck:
I'm not an expert for intentional girl sway, but yours doesn't sound bad at all :agree: and as far as I remember, 1st cycle after m/c sways pink ( something about hormones, but I can't remember details...:think:
Thanks Zivic! Gives me some hope!!!!

lulu040404
August 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Sorry for your previous loss..... Your sway looks great!! Congratulations!!

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Glitter, I think this is a great sway and I think you should keep your head high and feel very positive about it.

Glittergirl
September 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I updated my first page with my NT scan....looks like just MAYBE my sway worked!

melissalynay
September 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hope you get your pretty pink bundle....Thanks for the info.

atomic sagebrush
September 25th, 2011, 02:48 PM
That's great news!!!! Good luck!!

Baby is JUST BEAUTIFUL.

Foxy
September 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM
FX!!! Great sway!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
:bighug: Just wanted to send you BIG thanks and a hug Atomic!!!!

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I am SO SO happy for you GG~!!!!!!!!!

:D

Can't wait for you to experience your little girl in your arms!!!!

lemon2012
November 9th, 2011, 06:38 PM
That is sooo exciting!
Congratulations!
Enjoy the joy of waiting for the big day!
You don't have to answer because I am not sure if you know, but was your pH low for the boys as well? My pH seems so high I doubt I will have a girl after 2 boys!
CONGRATS AGAIN!

Lilian78
November 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Big congratulations to you!!

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM
:bighug: Just wanted to send you BIG thanks and a hug Atomic!!!!

Back at ya lady! Congrats!!!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM
That is sooo exciting!
Congratulations!
Enjoy the joy of waiting for the big day!
You don't have to answer because I am not sure if you know, but was your pH low for the boys as well? My pH seems so high I doubt I will have a girl after 2 boys!
CONGRATS AGAIN!
I never swayed before so i knew nothing about my pH but I did buy my digital tester several months before we TTC and my pH was always very high. I tested at diff times in my cycle and always got high readings so I'm guessing I naturally have a high pH and I can only guess that I must have had high pH when the boys were conceived.

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I conceived what was prob. twin boys and my pH never went up from 4.5. :/

Glittergirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I conceived what was prob. twin boys and my pH never went up from 4.5. :/
I agree, it's more than just pH, or just low T. It's the whole sway AND low stress--that did it for me, not caring.... I ate a lot less protein than I was used to, low salt, and just food that had less substance. No more whole grain breads and cereals. I never touched artificial sweeteners before, etc etc. I agree that it's not just one thing like losing weight or having low pH.

Indira
November 10th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Thatīs wonderful glittergirl, congratulations and enjoy!!

Hobbermittens
November 10th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Congrats on your girl! What great news!!

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I'm so happy for you :D

Another princess
November 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Many congratulations!! You must be absolutely delighted. Enjoy buying pink!

Hoping4aPrincess
November 11th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Congrats on your girl! Your sway gives me hope!