PDA

View Full Version : sugar helps bind sperm to egg!!

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Sounds simple, but I believe this is a BIG step forward in unraveling the riddle of gender ratio. Ions, timing, pH is all speculative but this sugar-coated egg seems to have been actually observed in the lab to matter. No evidence that it matters for gender ratio but I wouldn't be surprised if it does...since we know for a fact that XX and XY fertilized eggs develop better or worse in different levels of glucose, it makes a lot of sense that a mechanism would have evolved that would help ensure a sperm of the "right" gender met the egg to optimize the bean's chances at survival.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/19/us-egg-sperm-idUSTRE77I4EA20110819

http://www.dailytech.com/Discovery+of+Sugar+Molecules+Role+in+Fertilization +Could+Lead+to+Improved+Fertility+Drugs/article22496.htm

ELP
August 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Fascinating!! Do we have any opening thoughts on it in regards to gender swaying?? We need to know more about the SLeX they mention:agree:

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
ELP, it's also present on sperm (that SLex sugar is present in most/all cells actually so that's no surprise) and there are several studies about it, but I"m buried right now. I hope to have it put together soon.

rainbowflower
August 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
how exciting that there's a new theory to learn! I look forwards to reading those when my DS is in bed tonight, good find AS! :D

Zivic-Bubac
August 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Hmmm, I wonder how to increase SLeX on egg right before conception :think:

I saw 1 comment on 2nd article that said "that's why fat girls get pg after drinking. Increased sugars" Does it have anything to do with obesity? Or drinking?

ELP
August 22nd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Hmmm, I wonder how to increase SLeX on egg right before conception :think:

I saw 1 comment on 2nd article that said "that's why fat girls get pg after drinking. Increased sugars" Does it have anything to do with obesity? Or drinking?:rofl: Zivic, your a scream!!:hugs:I think the comment was just a dig at the sorry state of society! Big old drunk girls offering their beds to any passing male who is generous enough to buy them a kebab!!

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Yes, I read that too and that was just a rude remark. All eggs have this sugar on them and it has nothing to do with obesity, drinking, etc (although those things may sway!)

I don't KNOW that it will help with gender swaying, but I just suspect that it might.

Flava
August 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Very interesting!!
I was planing to eat gummy bears ( because of the gelatin) around O and after O in the 2WW because of the sugar and boy swimmers theory. But No I think I eat some from AF to sugar coat my egg lol. ( not much just some every day)
Now I know lot's of girl moms eat sugar too, but not me , with none of my girls . So just maybe it can help to get my boy.
What do you guys think of this??

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
As long as you eat protein with the sugar, it will help get a boy. I am not sure if the tiny amount of gelatin in gummy bears is enough protein but you can for sure eat some with meals and snacks.

Hope your "sweet baby bear" will be coming your way soon!!

Zivic-Bubac
August 22nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
:rofl: Zivic, your a scream!!:hugs:I think the comment was just a dig at the sorry state of society :oops:

Flava
August 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
As long as you eat protein with the sugar, it will help get a boy. I am not sure if the tiny amount of gelatin in gummy bears is enough protein but you can for sure eat some with meals and snacks.

Hope your "sweet baby bear" will be coming your way soon!!

Awwww ty ty! I also drink gelatin every day so the gummy bears is not just for gelatin really...I like them lol and figure it may be better then a m&m/s or so u know...

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Anything you like that works for you, is always best!

Lisap2008
October 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Interesting read . so sugar is not harmful to eggs like some say.

CapricornAquarius
October 18th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Just a question on gelatin, i know its on here somewhere, but how much gelatin are you suppose to have everyday?
Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle:

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Interesting read . so sugar is not harmful to eggs like some say.

If you were snorting sugar and existing solely on it, it's not going to be good for eggs, any more than high protein, high fat, high anything. Just sugar alone is terrible for blood sugar levels and sways pink because it raises your BS levels high and then they crash. Protein + carbs (including sugar) makes your blood sugar levels go up gently into a safe zone and then stay there for a long time, so protein and carbs together, sways blue. NO need to avoid sugar, just eat it sensibly and with protein.

One of the worst things for egg health is HIGH SODIUM. Moderation in all things is always best, esp. when swaying blue.

Sugar is just one of many chemical compounds (there are actually several forms of sugar) that your body uses to accomplish certain jobs. It's not "bad" or "good".

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Just a question on gelatin, i know its on here somewhere, but how much gelatin are you suppose to have everyday?
Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle:

It's in here - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1515-Boy-friendly-beverages