PDA

View Full Version : TTC soon or wait?

MaaMaa
July 20th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Hello all.
I'm finding myself in a bit of a dilemma.
When I got pregnant with my son, I was 135kg (297lbs). I didn't care much about being so big and pregnant, and I didn't suffer any ailments during the pregnancy at all. Everything was 100% fine.

However. Now I'm thinking of TTC #2, the urge is so strong, but at the same time I feel very guilty.
I feel that I won't be so lucky this time around and I will have all sorts of complications.
I'm currently on a diet and exercise program. After my son I ballooned up to 145kg (319lbs) and am now currently 139kg (306lbs). (I was 136kg (299lbs) last week but I had my period so I gained weight.)

I really want to get pregnant again soon, and my husband wants another baby as well. We want our son to have a decently close age gap. He would be 2 or 2 and a half upon the new baby arriving. I never wanted a longer gap than this.
BUT this nagging guilty feeling is eating me alive.

Any advice/stories is very much appreciated.

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2015, 02:19 PM
First of all hi and welcome to the site!

It's believed that being a bit thinner will really help your odds of conception and also help you to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. It will also help up your odds of a girl so it's a win, win, win for you. I understand that at the same time, you have to live your life and want a closer spacing and in that case the compromise I would suggest is to start off doing the alternate form of LE Diet (either the PCOS one or the atomic fertility diet, both are in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html)

Have you ever tried myoinositol or cinnamon?? I would have you using a product called Pregnitude Welcome to Pregnitude | Pregnitude (http://www.pregnitude.com/) and also eat 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon (once you get used to this, you may up to 1/4 teaspoon but no more than that) and it may help your sway and your weight loss.

I would like you to try to exercise (and please just do walking, no need for anything more than that). While the goal would be 60 min. a day at minimum of 4 days a week, the rules will be different for you and you should just do what you can do, even if it is only 20 minutes a day at first. The benefits to the weight loss and also blood sugar control (which will help with PCOS and healthy pregnancy) are so great for you that even a small amount of exercise is worth it for you. :agree:

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2015, 02:23 PM
Oh whoops posted before I meant to add...

You can do those things and know that you're moving in the direction you want to be going (better odds of conception, better chance of healthy baby and pregnancy, and also better odds of pink) and then if once those things are underway, you can decide then if you want to try TTC sooner rather than later. People can and do have good pregancies at higher weight and bad ones at lower weights, and there's no saying you wouldn't have success right where you are, but it will really help improve the chances of getting successfully pregnant and also getting a girl, and if it helps you and baby to be, be healthier too, how cool is that?? :)

XXforhubby
July 21st, 2015, 03:49 PM
If you are interested in taking Pregnitude (myinositol), I have one box and 5 packets (65 packets total) that I am looking to give away! If you live in the US you would just need to cover the shipping charges of the shipping method of your choice. Just let me know [emoji6]!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

MaaMaa
July 22nd, 2015, 06:20 AM
Hi Atomic,
Thank you for your in depth and thoughtful reply. I really appreciate that you took the time to read and suggest.
With my son I had no issues falling pregnant and did so within 3 months of starting TTC. I'm not sure why it was so successful! There's no guarantee that it will work that way the next time around but I think until proven otherwise I don't need any supplements or drugs to help just yet. I have favourited that website though, just in case.

I do agree that weight loss is the best action to help me along the right path. I'm going to continue the diet and exercise program I have going and see how I feel. At the moment I lean more towards trying next month anyway, but I will have a serious talk with hubby and we'll discuss the best course of action.
I know that weight loss can help to sway girl which just encourages me more to continue with what I'm doing!

Thanks again, I really do appreciate it.

Also, to XXforhubby, I live in Australia, but thank you for the offer, it was very kind.
:)

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2015, 03:24 PM
Well, being heavy is no guarantee that you'll have problems, it's great that it oworked so easily the first time and hopefully it will again. we just want to optimize the odds a bit. :)

Wishing you the very best of luck!