PDA

View Full Version : 4 DPO Spotting

2boys0girls
July 22nd, 2015, 07:20 AM
Hello All. I have never had this happen so I figured I would put the question out there and see what comes back. I was probably 4-5 days DPO yesterday and I had some very, very, light spotting. Spotting is probably an exaggeration- it was more like a brownish speck or two mixed in with what appeared to be light EWCM. Has anyone had this happen to them? Not really sure what it could be!

Thank you in advance for your time!

XXforhubby
July 22nd, 2015, 08:22 AM
I've had this happen both in non-BFP and BFP cycles. Some say it is from ovulation, others say it is from the cervix softening in response to good progesterone production. Either way, it's a good thing!!

FX and GL to you!!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

2boys0girls
July 22nd, 2015, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the reply! I have never had anything like this happen before so I was really confused! My hubby and I were planning to wait but DTD unprotected (total bonehead move) about 5 days before Ovulation. I J&D right after so I really can't imagine it resulting in a pregnancy. I'll take it if it did though- it would be great to get prego that easily! Ha!

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2015, 04:04 PM
It sounds to me like pregnancy is pretty unlikely and that would not coincide with true implantation spotting anyway. I suspect it's from the cervix.

BUT if you are having EWCM, is there any way that ouvlation could have been delayed and you are just about to ovulate now?

2boys0girls
July 22nd, 2015, 09:09 PM
I am pretty sure I already ovulated but will post a link to my chart. I guess I'll just chalk it up to a whacky cycle! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35cf8b/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2015, 05:51 PM
That is a pretty clear cut chart, you're right! Probably secondary estrogen surge.