PDA

View Full Version : Best place for egg freezing in MD?

CarolineSinclair
July 31st, 2015, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I live in Maryland. I was wondering if anybody knows whether John Hopkins Fertility Center or Fertility Center of MD would be best if I were to do an egg freezing.

I no longer want to work with Shady Grove Fertility in Towson, where I was going before.

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2015, 12:38 PM
bumping

sageviolet
August 24th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Hey, I just saw this -- I'm in Maryland, too!!!

No experience or advice with egg freezing, but we've been ttc for over a year and were thinking about trying Shady Grove. Do you mind sharing why you're fed up with them? I have friends who have used them successfully and some who've found them annoying.

We're at the point of unsure what to do, so I would appreciate any advice! I can't even find a decent dr to run some basic blood tests.

nuthinbutpink
August 24th, 2015, 09:29 AM
You should contact both clinics and consult with them. We cannot answer that for you.

CarolineSinclair
August 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Hey, I just saw this -- I'm in Maryland, too!!!

No experience or advice with egg freezing, but we've been ttc for over a year and were thinking about trying Shady Grove. Do you mind sharing why you're fed up with them? I have friends who have used them successfully and some who've found them annoying.

We're at the point of unsure what to do, so I would appreciate any advice! I can't even find a decent dr to run some basic blood tests.

Sorry for the late reply.

I became fed up with my particular nurse and doctor. I feel like the doctor mislead me, he kept telling me that I could do a natural IUI cycle and that I was "young" and had plenty of time, which isn't true apparently as my IUI cycle failed. He also said during the procedure to his assistant, "something isn't right here", but never elaborated on what it was.

The nurse who I would talk to on the phone with questions would sometimes not answer my phone calls. She was also very dismissive of every concern I had, as was the doctor, and sometimes they were snippy with me on the phone. She also recommended me not to order 2 vials of sperm and I think that may have been a mistake.

I'm going to be trying my luck with a new doctor/nurse team.