JustKim
August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Name – Kim

Gender Resulted – IT’S A BOY!!! :DS:

Swaying attempt - Natural

CM pH - I never checked…

DH PH – Same as above

Baking soda douche? no

Baking soda finger, how many times and for how long? 1x a couple of hours before BD (I hadn’t planned on doing the baking soda bath)

Baking Soda bath: Yes! 30-45 minutes before dtd

Pre-seed, how and what was the pH? no

Egg whites pH and type? no

Big O? Yes, 1x before and 1x during

Minerals DW
Calcium? Not sure. I tried to stay away as much as possible. I love milk so this was difficult for me.
Magnesium? I avoided it as much as possible
Potassium? 1 took 1 pill, but the rest I got from diet. I ate lots of bananas!
Sodium? Not sure of amount, but I got a lot of sodium from diet.

DH minerals? We ate the same things. I made him eat breakfast as well…he was eating oatmeal and bananas mostly.

Diet

Duration of diet? Roughly 8 weeks

Dietary Changes? Lots of meats, nuts, salty (sea salted) foods, V8 daily, lots of pineapples and juice, lemon water, and I ate breakfast everyday also..lots of bananas

Did you continue diet after attempt? If so for how long? Maybe a couple of days, but not much longer than that. I was gaining too much weight and needed to scale back :)

DH consume caffeine before attempt day? Maybe one or 2 cups of coffee a week, but that’s it.

DH consume caffeine 1/2 hour or an hour before BD? Yes, he drank a huge Monster drink. Poor thing couldn’t sleep that night lol

Hormones? No big changes really. Each time I went to the restroom I would do squats and wall pushups, but nothing major. I was going to the gym pretty regularly but only doing cardio. I did start breaking out on my upper back but I figured it was diet related?

Drinks? Lots of lemon water, green tea either 2 or 3x daily, one glass of V8 in the morning, pineapple juice (lots), and V8 fusion (Tangerine maybe? It was high in potassium?)

Supplements

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)? Yes 2-3x daily (1000mg I think)
Robitussin/Guafanesin tablets? I used the liquid form 3x daily
Alka Seltzer Gold? No
Green Tea? 2x – 3x day as drink
Fertile-CM? yes, only this month of trying though
False Unicorn? no
Vitamin E? No
Fish Oil? no
Folic Acid? Yes, 2000 mcg day
Flaxseed Oil? no
Potassium pills? Yes, 99mg, 1x daily (plus diet)
L-Arginine? no
Tribulus terrestris? no
Vitamin B12? no
Zinc? no
Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen? no
Others? I took prenatals, but wasn't on a consistent basis

DH supps? Zinc, fish oil, Fertile Aid or Fertility Blend from GNC – he HATED the fish oil pills

Timing

Length of DH abstinence? 4 days
BD on O? Yes
How close to O? On O I think!
BD how often? 1x on night of +opk. I got my +opk at 10am and we dtd around 9:45pm that night! It just felt “right”. I don’t know how else to describe it. The next morning my opk was -. I was getting 2 days of +'s so this was odd for me.

Charting O with Temp? I tried, but it wasn’t consistent, I was very consistent after bd. My temp stayed high.
Charting O with OPK? yes
Fertility monitor used? no
Suspected O date? CD 14

Ions

O in what moon phase? Was definitely not a full moon…
Changed ions in other ways? Left my phone on belly after bd…

How many kids do you have? 2

What gender(s)? girls

Number of months TTC? 2

Your Age? 30

BD position? Doggie

EWCM present - how much? Not much, but I’ve never really had a lot. I was really concerned about this since we were ttc a boy.

DH type of undies? boxers

Did you use instead cups - how long? Yes, overnight.

DH use cold bath/shower or ice? I made sure he didn’t take hot showers. He’d make me check it before he got in just so it was right, but he refused to do the ice lol.

OWT - anything under bed? A blue maternity tank, and a 3-6m boy outfit I had purchased for a friend who ended up having her baby early.

Comments? I knew after we dtd that we conceived. I just knew that it worked. I got my + hpt two days before my missed period. We got confirmation that Peanut was a boy @ 17w and 1 day (last Friday!!). Excited doesn’t even begin to describe how we are all feeling…my daughters are thrilled to be having a little brother!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing all of this information to everyone. There’s no doubt in my mind that the diet helped us conceive our son! (And I stuck to all the info here! If my amounts seem off its because I am going by memory. If an amount was suggested, I followed it lol.)

Zivic-Bubac
August 23rd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Big congratulations!!!!!:bluecheer::bluecheer::blueche er:
I'm so glad your sway worked! Go team blue!!!! :luck:

LolaInLove
August 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
YAY, congrats!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!

lightofmylife
August 23rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
congratsssss ... :)

zanacal
August 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
That's wonderful, many congratulations :D

begonia
August 23rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Congrats to you and your family! Hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy til you get to cuddle that sweet little one!

Hobbermittens
August 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Congrats! How awesome that your sway worked! Hooray! Congrats on your baby BOY!

p.s. how do you do the baking soda bath? How much soda in the water?

Flava
August 23rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Wow so great another boy sway worked !!!!:running::DS:

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1648/1648917f79499xh74.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Foxy
August 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Congratulations!!

iyamaryam
August 25th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Congrats hun.

gizmo77
August 25th, 2011, 10:00 PM
awesome! great to hear this..congrats!!

TTC5
August 26th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Congratulations!!!

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I love it! Excellent work!!!

soontobesix
September 14th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Congrats!!! You give me hope that this will all work! Terrific sway! Now enjoy your baby boy :)